, available at https://www.clingendael.org/sites/default/files/New%20Threats_New%20EU_Nato%20Responses_Clingendael_July2015.pdf ., 23, 30.
European Commission, (2015). The European Agenda on Security, 1, available at http://www.europarl.europa.eu/cmsdata/125863/EU%20agenda%20on%20security.pdf .
High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy (HRUFASP). (2016). Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Council – Joint Framework on countering hybrid threats a EuropeanUnion response , Bruxelles, 2, available at http
 Ionuț Alin Cîrdei and Lucian Ispas, A Possible Answer of the EuropeanUnion to Hybrid Threats, Buletinul Științific al Academiei Forțelor Terestre „Nicolae Bălcescu”, no. 2 (44), 2017, p. 71.
 Glenn Bowen, Document Analysis as a Qualitative Research Method, Qualitative Research Journal, vol. 9, issue 2, 2009, pp. 27-40.
 Robert Yin, Case Study Research: Design and Methods, Sage Publications, 2014.
 *** The Brussels Treaty, https
1. Biber, Eric. “Two Sides of the Same Coin: Judicial Review of Administrative Agency Action and Inaction.” Virginia Environmental Law Journal No. 26 (2008): 462 - 504.
2. Due, Ole. “Legal Remedies for the Failure of European Community Institutions to Act in Conformity with EEC Treaty Provisions.” Fordham International Law Journal No. 14 (1990): 341-358.
3. Hartley, Trevor. The Foundations of EuropeanUnion Law. 8th edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2014.
4. Lang, John T
://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/indexes/global-peace-index , retrieved on December 12, 2013
 EuropeanUnion External Action Service, Sharing training facilities in the EU in the military field , http://www.eeas.europa.eu/csdp/structures-instruments-agencies/trainings/sharing-training-facilities/index_en.htm , retrieved on March 13, 2015
 European Defence Agency, Defence Data: EDA participating Member States in 2010 , Bruxelles, 2012, p. 38; European Defence Agency, National Defence Data 2011 , Bruxelles, 2013, p. 42
 International Institute for Strategic Studies, Military Balance 2013 , Routledge
. Retrieved from http://www.curia.europa.eu/juris/liste.jsf?language=ennum=C-17/98.
European Commission. (2012). Proposal for a Council decision on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the EuropeanUnion (COM/2012/362). Retrieved from http://www.eur.lex.europa.eu/LexURIServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2012:0362:FIN:SK:PDF.
European Commission. (2012a). Commission staff working document on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the EuropeanUnion (SWD/2012/193).Retrieved from http
1. Carubba, Clifford J., and Murrah Lacey. “Legal Integration and Use of the Preliminary Ruling Process in the EuropeanUnion.” International Organization Vol. 59, No. 2 (Spring, 2005): 399–418.
2. Claes, Monica. “The Validity and Primacy of EU Law and the ‘Cooperative Relationship’ between National Constitutional Courts and the Court of Justice of the EuropeanUnion.” Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law, Vol. 1 (2016): 151–170.
3. Craig, Paul, and Gráinne de Búrca. EU law: text, cases, and materials . 5 th ed
 Paul Collier, Exodus. How Migration is Changing Our World , Oxford University Press, N.Y. 2013, p.12
 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11337315/Of-all-the-EU-failures-its-policy-on-asylum-seekers-is-the-worst.html (Christopher Booker, Of all the EU failures, its policy on asylum seekers is the worst )
 http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/europe-migration-opportunity-by-peter-sutherland-2015-03 (Peter Sutherland, The Migration Opportunity )
 British politician, former Home Secretary (1997-2001) and Foreign Secretary
Europe." Bridges Supplementary Issue: Scientific Volume 39 (2009): 190-197.
Ferry, Martin, and Karol Olejniczak. "The Use of Evaluation in the Management of EU Programmes in Poland." Warsaw (2008) // http://webapp01.ey.com.pl/EYP/WEB/eycom_download.nsf/resources/Evaluation_EU_Funds_Poland.pdf/$FILE/Evaluation_EU_Funds_Poland.pdf
Lietuvos Respublikos Finansų ministerija. "Pasiūlymai dėl vertinimo projekto biudžeto nustatymo." Vilnius (2009) // http
Although a founding member of the European Union, Germany has been rather reluctant to assume a pre-eminent leadership role in the European military integration process, choosing to focus more on social and economic affairs. But following Brexit, Germany might be also called upon to act as an integration “engine” in the defence area. Using the case study method and the analysis of social documents, we argue that Germany’s high level of military integration allows this state to assume, alongside France, a leading role in the defence pursuits of the European Union.
1. Consolidated versions of the Treaty on EuropeanUnion and the Treaty on the Functioning of the EuropeanUnion (2012).
2. Diez, Thomas, and Ian Manners. “Reflecting on Normative Power Europe”: 173-188. In: F. Berenskoetter and M. J. Williams, eds. Power in World Politics . New York: Routledge, 2007.
3. Diez, Thomas, and Ian Manners. “Reflecting on Normative Power Europe”: 23-57. In: Thomas Diez, ed. A Different Kind of Power? The EU’s Role in International Politics . New York: Idebate Press, 2014.
4. Diez, Thomas