Małgorzata Palka, Anna Krztoń-Królewiecka, Tomasz Tomasik, Bohumil Seifert, Ewa Wójtowicz and Adam Windak
, Jemal A, Smith RA, Ward E. Worldwide variations in colorectal cancer. CA Cancer J Clin 2009; 59: 366-78.
9. Seifert B, Svab I, Madis T, Kersnik J, Windak A, Steflova A et al. Perspectives of family medicine in CentralandEasternEurope. Fam Pract 2008; 25: 113-8.
10. Rechel B, McKee M. Health reform in CentralandEasternEuropeand the former Soviet Union. Lancet 2009; 374: 1186-95.
11. Albreht T, Klazinga N. Privatisation of health care in Slovenia in the period 1992-2008. Health Policy 2009; 90: 262
Jelena Evic, Gordana Pavlekovic, Lucija Murgic and Hana Brborovic
: World Health Organization, 2008.
34. Oreskovic S. New priorities for health sector reform in CentralandEasternEurope. Croat Med J 1998; 39: 225-33.
35. Katić M, Juresa V, Oresković S. Family medicine in Croatia: past, present, and forthcoming challenges. Croat Med J 2004; 45: 543-9.
36. Bardehle D, Laaser U, Zaletel-Kragelj L. Selected indicators of health care resources, and health care utilization and costs in countries of the “Public health in South EasternEurope (PHSEE)” network. Zdrav Var 2006; 45: 67
employment in Central-EasternEurope. Westport, London: Greenwood, 1995: 229 - 236.
4. Jogan M. The stubbornness of sexism in the second part of the twentieth century in Slovenia. In: Toš N, Muller KH, editors. Political faces of Slovenia: political orientations and values at the end of the century - outlines based on Slovenian public opinion surveys. Wien: Edition Echoraum. 2005: 297 - 313.
5. Kanjuo Mrčela A, Černigoj Sadar N. Social policies related to parenthood and capabilities of Slovenian parents. Social Politics 2011; 18; 2: 199
Pim de Graaf, Danica Rotar Pavlič, Erika Zelko, Marga Vintges, Sara Willems and Lise Hanssens
the Roma population. Yet, in no way do we intend to stigmatise the Roma and Roma communities in this paper. Further, some of the generalisations below also apply to other population groups, among them recent migrants from other continents.
The largest Roma populations are to be found in the CentralandEasternEuropean states, such as Bulgaria, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Slovakia, Romania, Serbia and Hungary. In these countries, the Roma people make up between 7 and 12 per cent of the total population. In most other states, the Roma make up around
to invest additional resources to achieve particular objectives. More and better data and analysis, including international comparisons, often help, although a great deal depends on consensus regarding the value and meaning of such evidence.
Conflicts of Interest : The authors declare that no conflicts of interest exist.
1 Wlodarczyk C. Expert network on health ad health care financing strategies in countries of central nad easternEurope, or on the advantages of neighbourly cooperation in health care refors. Antidotum 1993; 1(Suppl): 8
, Sjöberg O. Social policy and health: transition countries in a comparative perspective. Int J Soc Welfare 2010; 19: S60-S88.
9. Chenet L. Gender and socio-economic inequalities in mortality in centralandeasternEurope. In: Annandale E, Hunt K, editors. Gender inequalities in health. Buckingham: Open University Press, 2000: 182-210.
10. Annandale E, Hunt K. Gender inequalities in health: research at the crossroads. In: Annandale E, Hunt K, editors. Gender inequalities in health. Buckingham: Open University Press, 2000: 1
Gabriella Iski, Hajnalka Márton, István Ilyés, Zoltán Hendrik, Eszter Kovács and Imre Rurik
Pinnock H, International Primary Care Respiratory Study Group. Research Needs Statement 2010. Prim Care Resp J 2010; 19 (Suppl 1): S1-S20.
Canöz M, Erdenen F, Uzun H, Müderrisoglu C, Aydin S. The reletionship of inflammatory cytokineas with asthma and obesity. Clin Invest Med 2008; 31: E373-9.
Leonardi GS, Houthuijs DBNJV, Rudnai Z, Zejda J, Gurzau E, Fabianova E, Fletscher T, Brumekreef B. Respiratory symptoms, bronchitis and asthma in children of CentralandEastern
Tonka Poplas-Susič, Igor Švab, Darinka Klančar, Davorina Petek, Vlasta Vodopivec-Jamšek, Mateja Bulc, Janko Kersnik and Beáta Éva Petrovski
CentralandEasternEuropeand Russia. BMC Fam Pract 2012; 13: 1-10.
7. Health for all database, version January 2013. Copenhagaen: WHO Regional Office for Europe, 2013. Available Jan 10, 2013 from: data. euro.who.int/hfadb/
8. Bodenheimer T, Chen E, Bennett HD. Confronting the growing burden of chronic disease: can the U.S. health care workforce do the job? Health Aff (Millwood) 2009; 28: 64-74.
9. Rance KS. Helping patients attain and maintain asthma control: reviewing the role of the nurse practitioner. J Multidiscip