Ramona Maria Drăguț, Emilia Rusu, Raluca Nan, Florin Rusu, Larisa Grosu, Horatiu Popescu, Mihaela Posea and Gabriela Radulian
1. Ismail FW, Khan RA, Kamani L et al. Nutritional status in patients with hepatitis C. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 22: 139-142, 2012.
2. Te HS, Jensen DM. Epidemiology of hepatitis B and C viruses: a global overview. Clin Liver Dis 14: 1-21, 2010.
3. Gheorghe L, Grigorescu M, Iacob S et al. Effectiveness and tolerability of pegylated Interferon alpha-2a and ribavirin combination therapy in Romanian patients with chronic hepatitis C: from clinical trials to clinical practice. Rom J Gastroenterol 14
Gabriela Mut-Vitcu, Iuliana-Claudia Hudrea, Svetlana Moşteoru, Laura Gaiţă and Dan Gaiţă
. Public Health Nutr 14: 119-126, 2011.
7. Knowler WC, Fowler SE, Hamman RF et al. 10-year follow-up of diabetes incidence and weight loss in the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study. Lancet 374(9702): 1677-1686, 2009.
8. El-Kebbi IM, Cook CB, Ziemer DC, Miller CD, Gallina DL, Phillips LS. Association of younger age with poor glycemic control and obesity in urban African Americans with type 2 diabetes. Arch Intern Med 163: 69- 75, 2003.
9. Garber AJ. Obesity and type 2 diabetes: which patients are at risk? Diabetes
Jaspreet Kaur, Shailendra Kumar Singh and Jaspreet Singh Vij
1. International Diabetes federation . DMAtlas . 7, 2015. Accessed at: http://www.idf.org/sites/default/files/Atlas7e-poster.pdf .
2. Kaur J, Singh SK, Vij JS. Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in the management of DM: A Review. Indian J Sci Res 6(2): 171-181, 2015.
3. Fulk GD, Robinson CJ, Mondal S, Storey CM, Hollister AM. The effects of diabetes and/or peripheral neuropathy in detecting short Postural perturbations in mature adults. J Neuroeng Rehabil 7: 1-10, 2010.
4. Schwartz AV, Hillier RA, Sellmeyer DE et al
perspective. Diabetologia 38: 1061-1068, 1995.
9. Nguyen Q, Srinivasan S, Xu J, Chen W, Berenson G. Changes in risk variables of metabolic syndrome since childhood in pre-diabetic and type 2 diabetic subjects: the Bogalusa Heart Study. Diabetes Care 31: 2044-2049, 2008.
10. Eid M, Mafauzy M, Faridah AR. Dyslipidaemic pattern of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Malays J Med Sci 11: 44–51, 2004.
11. Chattanda S, Mgonda Y. Diabetic dyslipidemia among diabetic patients attending specialized clinics in Dar es Salaam. Tanzania Medical Journal
All the patients ( n = 125)
SVR patients ( n = 108)
non-SVR patients ( n = 11)
P -Value (SVR patients vs . non-SVR patients
Group A ( n = 64)
Group B ( n = 28)
Group C ( n = 16)
P -Value (A vs . B)
P -Value (A vs . C)
P -Value (B vs . C)
Gender (male : female)
55 : 70
48 : 60
3 : 8
68.1 ± 9.4
67.6 ± 8.9
70.7 ± 10.8
65.9 ± 9.4
68.3 ± 7.5
72.8 ± 6.8
History of past IFN-based therapy (none : relapse : breakthrough
Tingxue Song, Zhe Jia, Xiaozhong Guo, Haitao Zhao, Wenchun Bao, Dan Han, Xinmiao Zhou and Xingshun Qi
level cystatin C was an independent predictor of mortality and development of HRS-1.[ 8 ]
Serum β 2 microglobulin is another renal function parameter that correlates with glomerular filtration rate. A study showed that serum β 2 microglobulin concentration was significantly increased in patients with liver cirrhosis (especially non-alcoholic cirrhosis).[ 9 ] Serum β 2 microglobulin level was elevated in HCV-related chronic liver disease, and may also be used as a marker for progression towards liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.[ 10 ]
Des Crowley, Walter Cullen, Eamon Laird, John S. Lambert, Tina Mc Hugh, Carol Murphy and Marie Claire Van Hout
.0 (43.7, 90.0)
Alcohol /drug unstable (self-declared) % ( n )
Values are median (25 th –75 th percentile) or % ( n ). Continuous variables assessed by independent T -test; Categorical variables assessed by Chi-square analysis. MMT: methadone maintenance treatment. P <0.05 were considered statistically significant.
On an average, the study population was diagnosed with Hepatitis C for 10.5 years, with just less than half (47%) describing having symptoms related to HCV infection. Over half
Nutr 10: 5-11, 2014.
7. Maranon R, Reckelhoff JF. Sex and gender differences in control of blood pressure. Clin Sci (Lond) , 125: 311-318, 2013.
8. Medical College of Georgia. Cause of gender differences in blood pressure, kidney damage under study. [online]. Retrieved March 29, 2017, from https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070502111521.htm , 2007.
9. Akter SFU, Fauzi ARM, Nordin MS, et al. Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in a selected community at Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia. International Journal of Medicine and Medical