online at http://www.elearnspace.org/blog/2012/07/25/moocs-are-really-a-platform/
19. Siemens, G. (2012b). What is the theory that underpins our MOOCs? In ELEARNSPACE. Available online at http://www.elearnspace.org/blog/2012/06/03/what-is-the-theory-thatunderpins-our-moocs/
20. Yuan, L. and Powell, S. (2013). MOOCs and Open Education: Implications for Higher Education. JISC CETIS. Available online at http://publications.cetis.ac.uk/2013/667
/moocs-online-learning-digital-degrees.aspx [Accessed 14-1-2015].
4. Ayad, S. (2015a). A new Saudi healthcare app looks to solve the obesity epidemic. In Wamda Blog, February 2, 2015. Available: http://www.wamda.com/2015/02/can-app-tackle-diabetes-epidemic-saudi-arabia [Accessed 13-5-2015].
5. Ayad, S. (2015b). Saudi’s Rwaq team hope to create community of educators. In Wamda Blog, March 25, 2015. Available: http://www.wamda.com/2015/03/saudi-rwaq-introduces-new-education-platform [Accessed 13-5-2015].
6. Ba-Isa, M.Y. (2014). Saudi eLearning portal to bridge the gap between education and
17. Halic, O., Lee, D., Paulus, T., & Spence, M. (2010). To blog or not to blog: Student perceptions of blog effectiveness for learning in a college-level course. The Internet and higher education, 13(4), 206-213.
18. Hung, H. T., & Yuen, S. C. Y. (2010). Educational use of social networking technology in higher education. Teaching in higher education, 15(6), 703-714.
19. Kessler, G. (2009). Student-initiated attention to form in wiki
36. Wenger, E. (2010). Communities of practice and social learning systems: the career of a concept. In C. Blackmore(Ed.), Social learning systems and communities of practice (pp. 179-198). Springer.
37. Wenger, E., White, N., & Smith, J. D. (2009). Digital habitats: Stewarding technology for communities. CPsquare.
38. Wenger-Trayner, E., & Wenger-Trayner, B. (2015). Communities of practice a brief introduction. Retrieved from http://wenger-trayner.com/introduction-to-communities-of-practice/
39. White, G. (2015, January 25
Claude Müller, Michael Stahl, Mark Alder and Maximilian Müller
3. Chen, D.-T. (2003). Uncovering the provisos behind flexible learning. Educational Technology & Society, 6 (2), 25-30.
4. Deschacht, N., & Goeman, K. (2015). The effect of blended learning on course persistence and performance of adult learners. Comput. Educ., 87 (C), 83-89. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2015.03.020
5. Fraenkel, J. R., Wallen, N. E., & Hyun, H. H. (2015). How to design and evaluate research in education (9 th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
6. Graham, C. R. (2006). Blended learning systems: definition, current trends
. 69 -78).
68. Siemens, G. and Matheos, K. (2012). Systemic changes in higher education. In Education, 16(1).
69. Simons, J.; Vansteenkiste, M.; Lens, W. and Lacante, M. (2004). Placing motivation and future time perspective theory in a temporal perspective. In Educational Psychology Review, 16(2), (pp. 121-139).
70. Sullivan, P. (2001). Gender differences and the online classroom: Male and female college students evaluate their experiences. In Community College Journal of Research &Practice, 25(10), (pp. 805
technologies. In N.J. Smelser & P.B. Baltes (eds.), International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Oxford, United Kingdom: Pergamon. Retrieved August 25, 2014 from http://dspace.learningnetworks.org/handle/1820/5321
35. Koper, R. and Tattersall, C. (2004). New directions for lifelong learning using network technologies. In British Journal of Educational Technology, 35(6), (pp. 689–700). DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-8535.2004.00427.x
36. Kress, G. (2009). Multimodality: A social semiotic approach to contemporary communication. London: Routledge
Hanne Voldborg Andersen and Elsebeth Korsgaard Sorensen
., & Maras, A. (2015). Development and User Satisfaction of “Plan-It Commander”, a Serious Game for Children with ADHD. Games for Health Journal, 4(6), 502-512. https://doi.org/10.1089/g4h.2015.0021
13. Cihak, D. F., Kildare, L. K., Smith, C. C., McMahon, D. D., & Quinn-Brown, L. (2012). Using Video Social Stories to Increase Task Engagement for Middle School Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders. Behavior Modification, 36(3), 399-425. https://doi.org/10.1177/0145445512442683
14. Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2014). Applications of Flow in Human
Erman Yukselturk, Serhat Ozekes and Yalın Kılıç Türel
1. Allen, I.E. and Seaman, J. (2007). Online nation: Five years of growth in online learning. Needham, MA: Sloan Consortium.
2. Baker, R.S.J.D. (2010). Data Mining for Education. In B. McGaw, P. Peterson, E. Baker (eds.), International Encyclopaedia of Education (3rd edition), (pp. 112-118). Oxford, UK: Elsevier
3. Baker, R. and Siemens, G. (in press). Educational data mining and learning analytics. To appear in Sawyer, K. (ed.), Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences: 2nd Edition