Ioan Tomuţă, Dana Dudaş, Andreea Loredana Vonica and Sorin E. Leucuţa
The paper proposes a near infrared method able to directly and simultaneously quantify ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate in powder blends for tableting and in vitamin C chewable tablets without any sample preparation. In the first step, calibration models for the quantification of ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate in powder blends for tableting and subsequently in chewable vitamin C tablets (corresponding to 80-120 % active substance) were developed according to an experimental design with 2 variables and 5 levels. Then, using the best calibration models, the methods were fully validated in terms of recovery, precision and accuracy for both powder blends and vitamin C chewable tablets. The validated concentration range was 15.14-18.51 % for ascorbic acid and 12.06-14.49 % for sodium ascorbate in powder blends and 91.85-111.03 mg per tablet for ascorbic acid and 71.01-84.50 mg per tablet for sodium ascorbate in tablets. Validation results showed good precision and accuracy.
Vesna Vrca, Ljiljana Mayer, Franjo Škreb, Dario Rahelić and Srećko Marušić
A. Seven, E. Taşan, F. Inci, H. Hatemi and G. Burçak, Biochemical evaluation of oxidative stress in propylthiouracil treated hyperthyroid patients. Effects of vitaminC supplementation, Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 6 (1998) 767-770; DOI: 10.1515/CCLM.1998.136.
V. B. Vrca, F. Skreb, I. Cepelak, Z. Romic and Lj. Mayer, Supplementation with antioxidants in the treatment of Graves' disease; the effect on glutathione peroxidase activity and concentration of selenium, Clin. Chim. Acta 341 (2004) 55-63; DOI: 10.1016/j.cccn.2003
Mirza Bojić, Željan Maleš, Andrea Antolić, Ivana Babić and Maja Tomičić
. J. Health Syst. Pharm. 65 (2008) 1134–1143; https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp060662
6. A. Algra and J. van Gijn, Is clopidogrel superior to aspirin in secondary prevention of vascular disease? Curr. Control Trials Cardiovasc. Med. 1 (2000) 143–145; https://doi.org/10.1186/cvm-1-3-143
7. A. Grzybowski and K. Pietrzak, Albert Szent-Györgyi (1893-1986): the scientist who discovered vitaminC, Clin. Dermatol. 31 (2013) 327–331; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clindermatol.2012.08.001
8. B. Havsteen, Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high
endothelial nitric oxide synthase by apigenin. Life Sci.
 Chou TC. Theoretical basis, experimental design, and computerized
simulation of synergism and antagonism in drug
combination studies. Pharmacol Rev. 2006; 58:621–681.
 Edgell CJ, McDonald CC, Graham JB. Permanent cell line expressing
human factor VIII-related antigen established by
hybridization. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1983;80:3734–3737.
 Han D, Yi OS, Shin HK. Solubilization of vitaminC in fish oil
S. Jankyová, A. Adameová, J. Slažneva, J. Navarová, V. Drobná, J. Csollei and E. Račanská
HAMDEN, K. - BOUJBIHA, M. A. - MASMOUDI, H. - AYADI, F. M. - JAMOUSSI, K. - ELFEKI, A. Combined vitamins (C and E) and insulin improve oxidative stress and pancreatic and hepatic injury in alloxan diabetic rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 63, 2009, p. 95-109.
INOGUCHI, T. - SONTA, T. - TSUBOUCHI, H. - ETOH, T. - KAKIMOTO, M. - SONODA, N. a kol. Protein kinase C-dependent increase in reactive oxygen species (ROS) production in vascular tissues of diabetes role of vascular NAD(P)H oxidase. J Am Nephrol
Mircea Dumitru Croitoru, Hermina Iulia Petkes, Ibolya Fülöp, Remus Cotârlan, Oana Elena Şerban, Titica Maria Dogaru, Şerban Andrei Gâz Florea, Béla Tőkés and Cornelia Majdik
for cardioprotection, Heart Fail. Rev. 12 (2007) 217-234; DOI: 10.1007/s10741-007-9026-1.
7. R . Rodrigo, J. C. Prieto and R. Castillo, Cardioprotection against ischaemia/reperfusion by vitaminsC and E plus n-3 fatty acids: molecular mechanisms and potential clinical applications, Clin. Sci. (Lond). 124 (2013) 1-15; DOI : 10.1042/CS20110663.
8. R . Rodrigo, J. Vinay, R. Castillo, M. Cereceda, R. Asenjo and J. Zamorano, Use of vitaminsC and E as a prophylactic therapy to prevent postoperative atrial fibrillation, Int. J. Cardiol. 138
Aly H. Nada, Abdelazim A. Zaghloul, Mohsen M. Hedaya and Ibrahim S. Khattab
influence of colloidal silica on skin deposition of vitaminsC and E simultaneously incorporated in topical microemulsions, Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 36 (2010) 852-860; DOI: 10.3109/03639040903541187.
26. A. Nada, Y. S. R. Krishnaiah, A. Zaghloul and I. Khattab, Analysis of vitamin E in commercial cosmetic preparations by HPLC, J. Cosmet. Sci. 61 (2010) 353-365; PMID 20939975.
27. K. Zhao and J. Singh, In vitro percutaneous absorption enhancement of propranolol hydrochloride through porcine epidermis by terpenes/ethanol, J. Control. Release 62
S. Jankyova, L. Hlavackova, E. Kralova, J. Slazneva, V. Drobna, P. Zuzik, F. Drafi, P. Mucaji and Eva Racanska
. Combined vitamins (C and E) and insulin improve
oxidative stress and pancreatic and hepatic injury in alloxan diabetic
rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2009;63(2):95-9.
 Hlavačková L et al. The Effect of Indapamide on Development of
Myocardial Hypertrophy and Fibrosis in L-NAME-Induced Hypertension
in Rat. Physiol. Res. 2011;60:845-852.
 Jankyova S et al. Glucose and blood pressure lowering effects of
Pycnogenol® are inefficient to prevent prolongation of QT interval
in experimental diabetic cardiomyopathy. Pathol
21. Apak R, Güçlü K, Ozyürek M, Karademir SE. Novel total antioxidant capacity index for dietary polyphenols and vitaminsC and E, using their cupric ion reducing capability in the presence of neocuproine: CUPRAC method. J Agric Food Chem . 2004;52 (26):7970-81.
22. Marco GJ. A rapid method for evaluation of antioxidants. J Am Oil Chem Soc . 1968;45, 594-8.
23. Ellman GL, Courtney D, Andies V, Featherstone RM. A new and rapid colorimetric determination of acetylcholinesterase activity. Biochem Pharmacol . 1961;7, 88-95.
24. Xiaoyong S, Luming C
Wiss Technol . 1995;28:25-30.
9. Barkat M, Laib I. Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of the essential oil of dry flowers of Lavandula officinalis . Ind Eng J. 2011;6:46-54.
10. Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radic Bio Med . 1999;26:1231-7.
11. Apak R, Güçlü K, Özyürek M, Karademir SE. Novel total antioxidant capacity index for dietary polyphenols and vitaminsC and E, using their cupric ion reducing capability