Patrick M. Honore, David De Bels, Luc Kugener, Sebastien Redant, Rachid Attou, Andrea Gallerani and Herbert D. Spapen
To the editor
Pharmacokinetic and dose-response data suggest a vitaminC (vit C) dose largely exceeding 3 g daily in critically ill patients. We recently proposed higher vit C dosing in cardiac arrest patients who require continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).[ 1 ] In a reaction, Spoelstra-de Man et al . rebutted that increasing the vit C dose above 2 g/day during continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH) was unnecessary when normal plasma vit C concentrations are targeted. They based their standpoint on calculating less vit C removal during CVVH
syndrome without an established genetic background. It is well known that malignant neoplasms occur in some families more often than it would be expected by chance and reasons for this phenomenon have mostly remained unknown.
In addition, it is possible that findings about suppressive activities of vitaminC in carcinogenesis might mainly reflect the restrictive effects of this natural compound on the activity and expression of MMPs, thereby suppressing invasion, migration and metastasis, as it is well known that vitaminC is a strong inhibitor for both MMP-2 and MMP-9
Simona Roxana Georgescu, Alina Musetescu, Corina Daniela Ene, Cosmin Ene, Mădălina Mitran, Cristina Mitran, Mircea Tampa and Ilinca Nicolae
7. Wagner G, Rose C, Sachse MM. Clinical variants of lichen planus. JDDG: Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft. 2013;11(4):309-19.
8. Nogueira PA, Carneiro S, Ramos-e-Silva M. Oral lichen planus: an update on its pathogenesis. International journal of dermatology. 2015;54(9):1005-10.
9. Tampa M, Nicolae I, Ene CD, Sirbu I, Matei C, Georgescu SR. VitaminC and TBARS in psoriasis vulgaris related to PASI, Rev. Chim. Buc. 2017;68(1):43-47.
10. Battino M, Greabu M, Totan A, et al. Oxidative stress markers in oral lichen
Maria-Isabela Sârbu, Simona-Roxana Georgescu, Mircea Tampa, Alexandra-Elena Sârbu and Olga Simionescu
, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2016.
5. TAMPA M, NICOLAE IL, ENE CD, et al . VitaminC and Thiobarbituric Acid Reactive Substances (TBARS) in Psoriasis Vulgaris Related to Psoriasis Area Severity Index (PASI). REVISTA DE CHIMIE. 2017; 68 (1):43-7.
6. ŁAKUTA P, MARCINKIEWICZ K, BERGLER-CZOP B, et al . How does stigma affect people with psoriasis? Advances in Dermatology and Allergology/Postẹpy Dermatologii i Alergologii. 2017; 34 (1):36.
7. OWCZAREK K, JAWORSKI M. Quality of life and severity of skin changes in the dynamics of psoriasis . Advances in
Compared with other types of tea, green tea is unfermented and contains the highest concentration of catechins, in which EGCG accounts for as much as 50% of its total polyphenols and has been reported to possess antioxidative, antiinflammatory, and anticarcinogenic effects [6, 16] . EGCG is estimated to be 25 times more potent than vitamin E and 100 times more potent than vitaminC [ 17 ] .
The kidney is essential in blood filtration, excretion of waste products, regulating the balance of electrolytes, along with maintaining homeostatic conditions, and thus at high
There is a close association between hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus that could be attributed to the involvement of free radicals, nitric oxide (NO), eicosanoids, pro- and antiinflammatory cytokines, long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and their metabolites, folic acid, and vitaminC in the pathogenesis of both hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus. For example, under physiological conditions, a balance is maintained between endothelial vasoconstrictors and vasodilators such that normal blood pressure is maintained. When this