1. Haller H. Epidermiology and associated risk factors of hyperlipoproteinemia, Z Gesamte Inn Med 32(8): 124–28, 1977
2. Reaven GM . Banting lecture 1988. Role of insulin resistance in human disease". Diabetes 37(12): 1595–607, 1988
3. Travison TG, Araujo AB, O’Donnell AB, Kupelian V, McKnlay JB . A population-level decline in serum testosterone levels in American men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92(1): 196-202, 2007
4. Lopez DS, Canfield S, Wang R. Testosterone replacement therapy and the heart: friend, foe or bystander
ER, Bloom DA, McGuire EJ. A brief history of testosterone. J Urol 165: 371-73, 2001.
8. Feldman HA, Longcope C, Derby CA et al. Age trends in the level of serum testosterone and other hormones in middle-aged men: longitudinal results from the Massachusetts male aging study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87: 589-598, 2002.
9. Brand JS, van der Tweel I, Grobbee DE, Emmelot-Vonk MH, van der Schouw YT . Testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin and the metabolic syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observation studies. Int J Epidmiol 40
Delyan P. Delev, Delyana P. Davcheva, Ilia D. Kostadinov and Ivanka I. Kostadinova
1. Werner A. The Male Climacteric. JAMA 1939; 112(15):1441-3.
2. Kumanov Ph. The Male Climacteric? Sofi a: AB Studio, 2002 (Bulgarian).
3. Chen H, Zirkin BR. Long-term suppression of Leydig cell steroidogenesis prevents Leydig cell aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1999;96(26):14877-81.
4. Luo L, Chen H, Zirkin BR. Temporal relationships among testosterone production, steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), and P450 side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) during Leydig cell
Sandro Souza, Rodrigo Vale, Adriana Kauffmann, Nelson Pacobahyba, Humberto Miranda, Rover Lima and Estélio Dantas
Andrade N. V. S., R. N. Gonçalves (2008) Uma revisão sobre treinamento concorrente. Ensaios e Ciěncia 12:17-33.
Bosco C., J. Tihanyi, A. Viru (1996) Relationships between field fitness test and basal serum testosterone and cortisol levels in soccer players. Clin. Physiol. 16:317-322.
Brown L. E., G. E. Bradley-Popovich, G. G. Haff (2001) Non-linear versus linear periodization models. J. Strength Cond. Res. 23:42-44.
Brown L., M. Greenwood
4. Hak AE, Witteman JCM, De Jong FH et al. Low levels of Endogenous Androgens Increase the Risk of Atherosclerosis in Elderly Men: The Rotterdam Study. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2002;87(8):3632-3639.
5. Freeman BM, Mountain DJ, Brock TC et al. Low testosterone elevates interleukin family cytokines in a rodent model: a possible mechanism for the potentiation of vascular disease in androgen-deficient males. J Surg Res. 2014;190(1):319-27.
6. Haring R, Travison TG, Bhasin S et al. Relation between sex hormone concentrations
, Zitzmann M, Cunningham G. Low testosterone associated with obesity and the metabolic syndrome contributes to sexual dysfunction and cardiovascular disease risk in men with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2011;34(7):1669-75.
5. Oh JY, Barrett CE, Wedick NM, Wingard DL. Endogenous sex hormones and the development of type 2 diabetes in older men and women: the Rancho Bernardo Study. Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 55-60.
6. Kapoor D, Malkin CJ, Channer KS, Jones TH. Androgens, insulin resistance and vascular disease in men. Clin Endocrinol. 2005; 63: 239-250.
7. Simon D
. Stanworth RD, Jones TH. Testosterone in obesity, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Front Horm Res 37: 74-90, 2009.
8. Stanworth RD, Kapoor D, Channer KS, Jones TH . Statin therapy is associated with lower total but not bioavailable or free testosterone in men with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 32: 541-546, 2009
9. Curran MJ, Bihrle W 3rd . Dramatic rise in prostate-specific antigen after androgen replacement in a hypogonadal man with occult adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Urology 53: 423-424, 1999.
David Bellar, Cory Etheredge and Lawrence W. Judge
. Additionally, this information is also important for coaches to understand the bioenergetic demands of training. Furthermore, it has been noted that understanding the training responses for testosterone and cortisol can be important for modulating adaptation to resistance type exercise ( Beaven et al., 2008 ). Several recent studies have been successful in monitoring this through the measurement of salivary testosterone and cortisol ( Beaven et al., 2008 ; Klentrou et al., 2016 ). Currently this information is not available for suspension based resistance exercise in the
Evren Fidan, Bulent Yildiz, Feyyaz Ozdemir, Utku Ucar, Halil Kavgaci, Asım Orem and Fazil Aydin
colorectal carcinogenesis. J Nutr. 2002; 132:2413-8.
6. Kim YI. Folate and carcinogenesis: evidence, mechanisms, and implications. J Nutr Biochem.1999; 10:66-88.
7. Graham S, Hellmann R, Marshall J, Freudenheim J, Vena J, Swanson M, et al. Nutritional epidemiology of postmenopausal breast cancer in western New York. Am J Epidemiol. 1991; 134:552-66.
8. Hankinson SE, Eliassen AH. Endogenous estrogen, testosterone and progesterone levels in relation to breast cancer risk. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007; 106
1. Zhang LP, Cui S. Effects of daidzein on testosterone synthesis and secretion in cultured mouse Leydig cells. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci. 2009; 22:618-25.
2. Wang G, Zhang X, Han Z, Liu Z, Liu W. Effects of daidzein on body weight gain, serum IGF-I level and cellular immune function in intact male piglets. Asian- Aust J Anim Sci. 2002; 15:1066-70.
3. Han D, Tachibana H, Yamada K. Inhibition of environmental estrogen-induced proliferation of human breast carcinoma MCF-7 cells by flavonoids. In Vitro Cell