Valer Mihai Pompilian, Ştefăniţă Tănăseanu, Camelia Badea, Sabina Zurac, Claudiu Socoliuc, Sorina Badelita, Elena Botez and Mihaela Antohe
1. A NERI, P RUBINO, C MACALUSO, SA GANDOLFI. Light chain amyloidosis mimicking giant cell arteritis in a bilateral anterior ischemic optic neuritis case. BMC Ophthalmol 2013; 20:13:82.
2. AA AZARI, MR KANAVI, D GIRGIS, N SAIPE, HD POTTER, DM ALBERT. Amyloid deposits in temporal artery mimicking temporal arteritis in a patient with multiple myeloma. JAMA Ophtalmol 2013; 131(11):1488.
3. A AUDEMARD, J BOUTEMY, F GALATEAU-SALLE, M MACRO, B BIENVENU. AL amyloidosis with temporal artery involvement
1.HUNDER GG., BLOCH DA., MICHEL BA., STEVENS MB., AREND WP., CALABRESE LH., et al. The American College of Rheumatology 1990 criteria for the classification of giant cell arteritis . Arthritis Rheum. 1990; 33 (8):1122.
2.ARIDA A., KYPRIANOU M., KANAKIS M., SFIKAKIS PP. The diagnostic value of ultrasonography-derived edema of the temporal artery wall in giant cell arteritis: a second meta-analysis. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010; 11 : 44.
3. SMETANA GW., SHMERLING RH. The rational clinical examination. Does this patient have
Inimioara Mihaela Cojocaru, V. Ştefănescu, Daniela Traşcă, Adelina Şerban-Pereţeanu, B. Chicoş and M. Cojocaru
A 78-year-old Caucasian man was admitted in the Department of Neurology for visual disturbances, started two days before. The next day the patient experienced headache, fever and gait disturbances. He had hypertension, diabetes mellitus, an ischemic stroke 13 years ago, longstanding seronegative rheumatoid arthritis (17 years), polynodular goiter, right ischio-pubian fracture and right femoral vein thrombosis a year ago due to a car accident, since he is treated with oral anticoagulants associated to antiaggregant, hypotensors, statin and oral antidiabetics. The neurologic examination had evidenced nuchal rigidity, left homonymous hemianopsia, left central facial palsy, ataxia of the inferior limbs with wide-based gait, achilean reflexes abolished bilaterally, bilaterally abolished plantar reflexes, ideomotor apraxia, dysarthria, hypoprosexia, and preserved consciousness patient. A non-contrast cerebral CT scan had shown right temporal and parieto-occipital intraparenchymatous hemorrhages, a right frontal sequelar lesion, multiple old lacunar infarcts, cortical atrophy. Laboratory findings included an inflammatory syndrome, absence of rheumatoid arthritis positive serology, normal coagulogram, an elevated proteinuria. The cerebral IRM performed on the seventh day of hospitalisation was suggestive for subacute right parietal hemorrhage, old cerebral infarction in the right anterior cerebral artery area, old lacunar infarcts and cerebral atrophy. The anticoagulant and antiaggregant treatment was stopped after a generalized tonic-clonic seizure occurred. Antiedematous, hypotensor, anticonvulsivant, beta-blocker, and symptomatic treatment was started, while the antidiabetic treatment was continued. All symptoms remitted. Arguments for amyloid angiopathy in our patient are previous non-cardioembolic ischemic stroke and a chronic inflammatory disease-rheumatoid arthritis in his personal medical history.
Polliana Mihaela Leru, Ana-Maria Eftimie and Michel Thibaudon
1. D’AMATO G, CECCHI L, BONINI S, NUNES C, ANNESI-MAESANO I, BEHRENDT H. van CAUWENBERGE P. Allergenic pollen and pollen allergy in Europe. Review article. Allergy. 2007; doi:10;1111/j.1398-9995.
3. SIKOPARIJA B, SKOJTH CA, CELENK S, TESTONI C, ABRAMIDZE T, ALMKUBLER K, et al . Spatial and temporal variations in airborne Ambrosia pollen in Europe. Aerobiologia. 2016;doi:10.1007/s10453-016-9463-1.
4. THIBAUDON M. Aerobiology in Europe : from pollen exposure to health impact . Presentation at Annual
level and Helicobacter pylori antibody test for predicting the histology of gastric neoplasm. Journal of Digestive Diseases 2014; 15:293-8.
15. TU H., SUN L., DONG X., GONG Y., XU O., JING J., et al. Temporal changes in serum biomarkers and risk for progression of gastric precancerous lesions: A longitudinal study. Int J Cancer. 2015; 136(2):425-34.
16. YEH J.M., HUR C., WARD Z., SCHRAG D., GOLDIE S.J. Gastric adenocarcinoma screening and prevention in the era of new biomarker and endoscopic technologies: A cost-effectiveness analysis
HOOGH K, BRIGGS DJ, TOLEDANO MB. Adult cancers near high-voltage overhead power lines.Epidemiology. 2013; 24(2):184-90.
8. KHEIFETS L, SWANSON J, GREENLAND S. Childhood leukemia, electric and magnetic fields, and temporal trends. Bioelectromagnetics. 2006; 27(7):545-52.
9. KROLL ME, SWANSON J, VINCENT TJ, DRAPER GJ. Childhood cancer and magnetic fields from high-voltage power lines in England and Wales: a case-control study. Br J Cancer. 2010; 103(7):1122-7.
10. PETRIDOU E, TRICHOPOULOS D, KRAVARITIS A, POURTSIDIS A
Metab Disord. 2000; 24 (1):38-48.
16. STUBBS RJ., HUGHES DA., JOHNSTONE AM., ROWLEY E., REID C., ELIA M., et al. The use of visual analog scales to assess motivation to eat in human subjects: a review of their reliability and validity with an evaluation of new hand-held computerized systems for temporal tracking of appetite ratings . Br J Nutr. 2000; 84 :405-15.
17. BATTERHAM RL., COHEN MA., ELLIS SM., LE ROUX CW., WITHERS DJ., FROST GS., et al. Inhibition on food intake in obese subject by peptide YY 3-36 . N Engl J Med. 2003; 349 :941-8.
Tin Lok Lai, Cheuk Wan Yim, Man Chi Leung, Pui Yan Wong and Woon Leung Ng
and extra-articular manifestations, i.e. uveitis and IBD.
Our collected data shows that PsO lesions could start at a wide range of ages from 8 to 79 years. For the age of onset of PsA, it demonstrated a unimodal distribution with a peak at 50 years ( figure 1 ). However, the temporal relationship between PsO and PsA was rather unpredictable, varying widely from -16 to 36 years. The majority of arthritis manifested in the first few years after skin lesions, with a median of 5 years (0, 14). Nearly a quarter of the patients (22%) had cutaneous and joint
presentations can be highly variable. Patients usually have negative autoimmune markers comparing to the primary autoimmune diseases. Coexisting infections/metastases/paraneoplastic syndrome is the major differential diagnoses. Overall, the diagnosis relies on detailed assessment and the temporal relationship to immunotherapy.
4 Treatment guidelines and evidence of rheumatic irAE
There is no solid evidence, but only case reports are available, on the treatment of rheumatic irAE. The ASCO published their guideline in June 2018 to provide guidance on the management of
in the HLA-B27-positive transgenic rats and demonstrated a temporal relationship between the bowel inflammation and the fecal microbiota changes, with a reduction in the Firmicutes population and an expansion in Proteobacteria species [ 19 ]. Animal studies highlighted that SpA disease development was somehow microbiota dependent, even in the presence of HLA-B27.
In human subjects with SpA, their gut was also found to have certain extent of gut dysbiosis, with a narrower spectrum of microbiome and reduction in the Firmicutes phylum bacteria [ 20 , 21 , 22