Justin P. Hardee, Melissa J. Puppa, Dennis K. Fix, Song Gao, Kimbell L. Hetzler, Ted A. Bateman and James A. Carson
1. Wolfe RR. The underappreciated role of muscle in health and disease. Am J Clin Nutr 2006; 84: 475-82.
2. Gulati AK. The effect of X-irradiation on skeletal muscle regeneration in the adult rat. J Neurol Sci 1987; 78: 111-120.
3. Rosenblatt JD, Parry DJ. Gamma irradiation prevents compensatory hypertrophy of overloaded mouse extensor digitorum longus muscle. J Appl Physiol 1992; 73: 2538-43.
4. Rosenblatt JD, Parry DJ. Adaptation of rat extensor digitorum longus muscle to gamma
Matej Podbregar, Ana Ursula Gavric, Eva Podbregar, Hugon Mozina and Sebastian Stefanovic
Anaemia is state of decreased blood oxygen carrying capacity. 1 Acute anaemia is associated with increased tissue oxygen extraction. 2 On the other hand, with chronic anaemia human body has time to at least partially adapt to decreased blood oxygen carrying capacity. 3 , 4
Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) is non-invasive method to assess tissue oxygenation (StO 2 ) and estimate tissue haemoglobin (THb) levels. 5 We have studied skeletal muscle StO 2 in critically ill patients with preserved oxygen ( i.e ., cardiogenic shock) and with
ageing. New York: Academic Press; 1963. p. 496-506.
Mauro A. Satellite cell of skeletal muscle fibers. J Biophys Biochem Cytol 1961; 9: 493-8.
Collins CA, Olsen I, Zammit PS, Heslop I, Petrie A, Partridge TA, Morgan JE. Steam cell function, self-renewal and behavioral heterogeneity of cells from the adult muscle satellite cell niche. Cell 2005; 122: 289-301.
Charge SB, Rudnicki MA. Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle regeneration. Physiol Rev 2004; 84: 209
Mihaela Jurdana, Maja Cemazar, Katarina Pegan and Tomaz Mars
1. Chargé SB, Rudnicki MA. Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle regeneration. Physiol Rev 2004; 84: 209-38.
2. Austin L, Bower J, Kurek J, Vakakis N. Effects of leukaemia inhibitory factor and other cytokines on murine and human myoblast proliferation. J Neurol Sci 1992; 112: 185-91 .
3. Serrano AL, Baeza-Raja B, Perdiguero E, Jardí M, Muñoz-Cánoves P. Interleukin-6 is an essential regulator of satellite cell-mediated skeletal muscle hypertrophy. Cell Metab 2008; 7: 33
Alberto Stefano Tagliafico, Bianca Bignotti, Federica Rossi, Francesca Valdora and Carlo Martinoli
belonged to different classes. The majority of them belonged to the gray level co-occurrence matrix (GLCM) domain possibly reflecting underlying heterogeneity of voxel intensities. Although it is known that in soft-tissue tumors fluid-sensitive images should have a more favorable contrast between tumor and surrounding because skeletal muscle is of intermediate signal intensity, radiomics features were able to differentiate LR from normal tissues even on T1w sequences. This data reflects the great value of this application for STT survelliance. In addition, a very good
Bilal Mujtaba, Ahmed Taher, Matthew J. Fiala, Sameh Nassar, John E. Madewell, Abdelrahman K. Hanafy and Rizwan Aslam
DJ. Multipotent progenitors resident in the skeletal muscle interstitium exhibit robust BMP-dependent osteogenic activity and mediate heterotopic ossification. J Bone Miner Res 2012; 27: 1004-17. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.1562 22307978 10.1002/jbmr.1562
Wosczyna MN Biswas AA Cogswell CA Goldhamer DJ Multipotent progenitors resident in the skeletal muscle interstitium exhibit robust BMP-dependent osteogenic activity and mediate heterotopic ossification J Bone Miner Res 2012 27 1004 17 10.1002/jbmr.1562
17 Cairns DM, Liu R, Sen M, Canner JP
7. Saad F, Gleason DM, Murray R, Tchekmedyian S, Venner P, Lacombe L, et al. Long-term efficacy of zoledronic acid for the prevention of skeletal complications in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2004; 96: 879-82.
8. Aapro M, Saad F. Bone-modifying agents in the treatment of bone metastases in patients with advanced genitourinary malignancies: a focus on zoledronic acid. Ther Adv Urol 2012; 4: 85-101.
9. Mottet N, Bellmunt J, Bolla M, Joniau S, Mason M, Matveev V, et al. EAU