1. Gosselink R, Troosters T, Decramer M. Peripheral muscle weakness contributes to exercise limitation in COPD. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996;153:976-80.
2. Clark CJ, Cochrane LM, Mackay E, Paton B. Skeletal muscle strength and endurance in patients with mild COPD and the effects of weight training. Eur Respir J 2000;15:92-7.
3. Debigaré R, Maltais F. The major limitation to exercise performance in COPD is lower limb muscle dysfunction. J Appl Physiol 2008; 105: 751-3.
4. Donaldson AV, Maddocks M, Martolini D, Polkey MI, Man WD
, fasting triglycerides, body mass index, and waist-to-hip ratio [ 27 ] . In a recent paper, it has been demonstrated that FGF-21 mRNA expression is increased in skeletal muscle in patients with HIV-related lipodystrophy and that FGF-21 mRNA expression in muscle is associated with decreased limb fat mass, increased waist-to-hip ratio, and increased triglycerides [ 28 ] .
Another well-conducted study found highly significant correlation between FGF21 levels and indicators of altered fat distribution in lipodystrophy and a positive relationship between FGF21 levels and
Gulay Gok, Ibrahım Ilhan, Ibrahim Beydili, Tolga Sinan Guvenc, Adnan Kaya and Kemal Magden
6. Hadimeri H, Caidahl K, Bech-Hanssen O, Nyberg G. Echocardiographic findings in kidney transplant patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2009; 43(5): 416-419.
7. Catapano F, Pancaldi S, Pace Napoleone C, et al . An unusual cardiac manifestation in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Case Rep Nephrol 2012; 2012: 978170.
8. Boulter C, Mulroy S, Webb S, et al . Cardiovascular, skeletal, and renal defects in mice with a targeted disruption of the Pkd1 gene. Proceed Nat Acad SciUSA 2001; 98
Alexis Valenzuela Espinoza, Robbert-Jan Van Hooff, Ann De Smedt, Maarten Moens, Laetitia Yperzeele, Koenraad Nieboer, Ives Hubloue, Jacques De Keyser, Alain Dupont, Liesbet De Wit, Koen Putman and Raf Brouns
financing of musculo skeletal and neuro rehabilitation in Belgium]. 2007.
27. De Wit L, Putman K, Devos H, Brinkmann N, Dejaeger E, De Weerdt W, et al. Five-year mortality and related prognostic factors after inpatient stroke rehabilitation: A European multi-centre study. J Rehabil Med 2012;44:547-52.
28. Putman K, De Wit L, Schupp W, Baert I, Brinkmann N, Dejaeger E, et al. Variations in follow-up services after inpatient stroke rehabilitation: A multicentre study. J Rehabil Med 2009;41:646-53.
29. De Wit L, Putman K, Schuback B, Komarek A, Angst F, Baert I, et al
Sebastien Redant, Hamda Hussein, Aude Mugisha, Rachid Attou, David De Bels, Patrick M. Honore and Corinne C. De Laet
activity in rat skeletal muscle: effects on plasma lactate. Shock 1996; 6: 89-94. 8856841 10.1097/00024382-199608000-00002
Vary TC Sepsis-induced alterations in pyruvate dehydrogenase complex activity in rat skeletal muscle: effects on plasma lactate Shock 1996 6 89 – 94
12 Levy B, Gibot S, Franck P, Cravoisy A, Bollaert PE. Relation between muscle Na+K+ ATPase activity and raised lactate concentrations in septic shock : a prospective study. Lancet 2005; 365: 871-5. 10.1016/S0140-6736(05)71045-X 15752531
Levy B Gibot S Franck P Cravoisy A
Bulent Ergin, Coert J. Zuurbier, Rick Bezemer, Asli Kandil, Emre Almac, Cihan Demirci and Can Ince
37. Karaman A, Turkmen E, Gursul C, Tas E, Fadillioglu E. Prevention of renal ischemia/reperfusion-induced injury in rats by leflunomide. Int J Urol 2006; 13: 1434-41.
38. Tyml K, Li F, Wilson JX. Delayed ascorbate bolus protects against maldistribution of microvascular blood flow in septic rat skeletal muscle. Crit Care Med 2005; 33: 1823-8.
39. Wang P, Zhu Q, Wu N, Siow YL, Aukema HOK. Tyrosol attenuates ischemia-reperfusion-induced kidney injury via inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase. J Agric Food Chem 2013; 17; 61
HSP 72 stress response of monocytes from patients on hemodialysis in impaired Nephrol Dial Transplant 2009 24 2838 46
19 Gowe AV, McArdle A, Mc Ardle F, Pattwell DM, Bell GM, Kemp GJ, et al . Markers of oxidative stress in the skeletal muscle of patients on hemodialysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2007; 22: 1177-83. 10.1093/ndt/gfl721 Gowe AV McArdle A Mc Ardle F Pattwell DM Bell GM Kemp GJ et al. Markers of oxidative stress in the skeletal muscle of patients on hemodialysis Nephrol Dial Transplant 2007 22 1177 83
20 Arbriter K, Bidmon B, Endenmann M
Hisashi Sawada, Jeff Z. Chen, Bradley C. Wright, Mary B. Sheppard, Hong S. Lu and Alan Daugherty
Lyle JS Hoechstetter L Rose PS Levy HP et al Prevalence of aortic root dilation in the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Genet Med 2002 4 112 – 7
7 Loeys BL, Chen J, Neptune ER, Judge DP, Podowski M, Holm T, et al . A syndrome of altered cardiovascular, craniofacial, neurocognitive and skeletal development caused by mutations in tgfbr1 or tgfbr2. Nat Genet 2005; 37: 275-81. 10.1038/ng1511 Loeys BL Chen J Neptune ER Judge DP Podowski M Holm T et al A syndrome of altered cardiovascular, craniofacial, neurocognitive and skeletal development
failure, arrythmia, stroke, and impaired glucose tolerance.[ 2 ] Therefore, accurate diagnosis and treatment of OSA is strongly recommended so as to improve quality of life and reduce the associated morbidity and mortality.
Many factors can give rise to OSA, such as skeletal malformations, soft tissue crowding, and respiratory instability. Sometimes these factors are interacting. Thus, from a clinical point of view, the patient-directed therapeutic approaches should be individually scheduled based on personalized situation. The current treatment of OSA in China