1. Bourey RE, Koranyi L, James DE, Mueckler M, Permutt MA. Effects of altered glucose homeostasis on glucose transporter expression in skeletal muscle of the rat. J Clin Invest 86: 542-547, 1990.
2. Bernroider E, Brehm A, Krssak M et al. The role of intramyocellular lipids during hypoglycemia in patients with intensively treated type 1 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90: 5559-5565, 2005.
3. Russell ST, Rajani S, Dhadda RS, Tisdale MJ. Mechanism of induction of muscle protein loss by
in type 1 diabetes. Bone 82, 50–55, 2016.
Neve A, Corrado A, Cantatore FP. Osteocalcin: skeletal and extra-skeletal effects. J Cell Physiol 228, 1149–1153, 2013.
Palmiter RD. Physiology: Bone-derived hormone suppresses appetite. Nature 543, 320–322, 2017.
Pi M, Wu Y, Quarles LD. GPRC6A mediates responses to osteocalcin in β-cells in vitro and pancreas in vivo. J Bone Miner Res 26, 1680–1683, 2011.
Pi M, Kapoor K, Ye R, Nishimoto SK, Smith JC, Baudry J, Quarles LD. Evidence for osteocalcin binding and activation of GPRC6A in β
1. Gosselink R, Troosters T, Decramer M. Peripheral muscle weakness contributes to exercise limitation in COPD. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996;153:976-80.
2. Clark CJ, Cochrane LM, Mackay E, Paton B. Skeletal muscle strength and endurance in patients with mild COPD and the effects of weight training. Eur Respir J 2000;15:92-7.
3. Debigaré R, Maltais F. The major limitation to exercise performance in COPD is lower limb muscle dysfunction. J Appl Physiol 2008; 105: 751-3.
4. Donaldson AV, Maddocks M, Martolini D, Polkey MI, Man WD
, fasting triglycerides, body mass index, and waist-to-hip ratio [ 27 ] . In a recent paper, it has been demonstrated that FGF-21 mRNA expression is increased in skeletal muscle in patients with HIV-related lipodystrophy and that FGF-21 mRNA expression in muscle is associated with decreased limb fat mass, increased waist-to-hip ratio, and increased triglycerides [ 28 ] .
Another well-conducted study found highly significant correlation between FGF21 levels and indicators of altered fat distribution in lipodystrophy and a positive relationship between FGF21 levels and
Isabela Popa, Diana Protasiewicz, Cristina Muntean, Simona Georgiana Popa and Maria Mota
Glucose Transporter (GLUT) 12 Parallels That of GLUT4 in Normal Muscle. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 94 (9) 3535-3542, 2009.
9. Doege H, Bocianski A, Scheepers A, Axer H, Eckel J, Joost HG and Schürmann A. Characterization of human glucose transporter (GLUT) 11 (encoded by SLC2A11), a novel sugar-transport facilitator specifically expressed in heart and skeletal muscle. Biochem J 359, 443±449 (Printed in Great Britain), 2001.
10. Suzanne Rogers, Maria L Macheda, Susan E Docherty, Maynard D Carty, Michael A
Ayodele Olufemi Morakinyo, Bolanle Olubusola Iranloye and Oluseyi Abimbola Ogunsola
stress. Neuroendocrinology 70, 160–167, 1999.
Maxfield FR, Tabas I. Role of cholesterol and lipid organization in disease. Nature 438, 612–621, 2005.
Morakinyo AO, Iranloye BO, Samuel TA, Mofolorunso AM, Adegoke OA. Insulin receptor and glucose transporter-4 expression in the skeletal muscle of chronically stressed rats. J Afr Ass Physiol Sci 4, 25–31, 2016.
Mustafa T, Jiang SZ, Eiden AM, Weihe E, Thistlethwait I, Eiden LE. Impact of PACAP and PAC1 receptor deficiency on the neurochemical and behavioral effects of acute and chronic restraint stress in
Tetiana Ashcheulova, Oksana Kochubiei, Ganna Demydenko, Nina Gerasimchuk and Alla Maliy
, Koistinen HA, Krook A. Signaling specificity of interleukin-6 action on glucose and lipid metabolism in skeletal muscle. Mol Endocrinol 20: 3364-3375, 2006.
8. Mancia G, Fagard R, Narkiewicz K et al. 2013 ESH/ESC guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the Task Force for the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J 34: 2159-2219, 2013.
9. World Health Organization. Definition and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and intermediate
Nutr 84 (5): 737-745, 2000.
11. Kotronen A, Seppänen-Laakso T, Westerbacka J, et al . Comparison of lipid and fatty acid composition of the liver, subcutaneous and intra-abdominal adipose tissue, and serum. Obesity 18(5): 937-944, 2010.
12. Sumida T. Clinical and experimental study on fatty acid composition of bone marrow lipid in hematologic disorders. Acta Med Nagasaki 9(3): 222-241, 1965.
13. Andersson A, Nälsén C, Tengblad S, Vessby B. Fatty acid composition of skeletal muscle reflects dietary fat composition in humans. Am J Clin Nutr
Rucsandra Dănciulescu Miulescu, Marius Cristian Neamțu, Suzana Dănoiu, Mirela Culman, Diana Loreta Păun and Cătalina Poiană
therapy and the prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus in the multicenter AIDS cohort study. Arch Intern Med 165: 1179-1184, 2005.
6. Shen Y, Wang Z, Liu L, Zhang R, Zheng Y, Lu H. Prevalence of hyperglycemia among adults with newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS in China. BMC Infect Dis 13: 79, 2013.
7. Behrens GM, Boerner AR, Weber K et al. Impaired glucose phosphorylation and transport in skeletal muscle cause insulin resistance in HIV-1-infected patients with lipodystrophy. J Clin Invest 110: 1319-1327, 2002.
8. Shao J