, Muelas L, Viñas MJ. Comparative study of nasopharyngeal soft-tissue characteristics in patients with Class III malocclusion. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, 2011;139:242-251.
13. Jacobson A, Evans WG, Preston CB, Sadowsky PW. Mandibular prognathism. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, 1974;66:140-171.
14. Saborn RT. Differences between the facial skeletal patterns of Class III malocclusion and normal occlusion. Angle Orthod, 1955;25:208-222.
15. Singh GD. Morphologic determinants in the etiology of class III malocclusions: a review. Clin Anat, 1999
Justin P. Hardee, Melissa J. Puppa, Dennis K. Fix, Song Gao, Kimbell L. Hetzler, Ted A. Bateman and James A. Carson
1. Wolfe RR. The underappreciated role of muscle in health and disease. Am J Clin Nutr 2006; 84: 475-82.
2. Gulati AK. The effect of X-irradiation on skeletal muscle regeneration in the adult rat. J Neurol Sci 1987; 78: 111-120.
3. Rosenblatt JD, Parry DJ. Gamma irradiation prevents compensatory hypertrophy of overloaded mouse extensor digitorum longus muscle. J Appl Physiol 1992; 73: 2538-43.
4. Rosenblatt JD, Parry DJ. Adaptation of rat extensor digitorum longus muscle to gamma
Matej Podbregar, Ana Ursula Gavric, Eva Podbregar, Hugon Mozina and Sebastian Stefanovic
Anaemia is state of decreased blood oxygen carrying capacity. 1 Acute anaemia is associated with increased tissue oxygen extraction. 2 On the other hand, with chronic anaemia human body has time to at least partially adapt to decreased blood oxygen carrying capacity. 3 , 4
Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) is non-invasive method to assess tissue oxygenation (StO 2 ) and estimate tissue haemoglobin (THb) levels. 5 We have studied skeletal muscle StO 2 in critically ill patients with preserved oxygen ( i.e ., cardiogenic shock) and with
Călin Molnar, Octavian-Sabin Tătaru, Lucian Mărginean and Angela Borda
1. Togral G, Arıkan M, Gungor S. Rare skeletal muscle metastasis after radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma: evaluation of two cases. J Surg Case Rep . 2014;2014(10):rju101.
2. Sountoulides P, Metaxa L, Cindolo L. Atypical presentations and rare metastatic sites of renal cell carcinoma: a review of case reports. J Med Case Reports . 2011;5:429.
3. Shuch B1, Bratslavsky G, Linehan WM, Srinivasan R. Sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma: a comprehensive review of the biology and current treatment strategies. Oncologist . 2012
Irinel Panainte, Victor Suciu and Krisztina-Ildikó Mártha
1. Gupta SK, Saxena P, Jain S, Jain D. Prevalence and distribution of selected developmental dental anomalies in an Indian population. J Oral Sci. 2011;53:231-238.
2. Mack KB, Phillips C, Jain N, Koroluk LD. Relationship between body mass index percentile and skeletal maturation and dental development in orthodontic patients. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013;143:228-234.
3. Dorobăț V, Stanciu D. Ortodonție și ortopedie dento-facială. București: Editura Medicală, 2009; p. 153-438.
ageing. New York: Academic Press; 1963. p. 496-506.
Mauro A. Satellite cell of skeletal muscle fibers. J Biophys Biochem Cytol 1961; 9: 493-8.
Collins CA, Olsen I, Zammit PS, Heslop I, Petrie A, Partridge TA, Morgan JE. Steam cell function, self-renewal and behavioral heterogeneity of cells from the adult muscle satellite cell niche. Cell 2005; 122: 289-301.
Charge SB, Rudnicki MA. Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle regeneration. Physiol Rev 2004; 84: 209
Mihaela Jurdana, Maja Cemazar, Katarina Pegan and Tomaz Mars
1. Chargé SB, Rudnicki MA. Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle regeneration. Physiol Rev 2004; 84: 209-38.
2. Austin L, Bower J, Kurek J, Vakakis N. Effects of leukaemia inhibitory factor and other cytokines on murine and human myoblast proliferation. J Neurol Sci 1992; 112: 185-91 .
3. Serrano AL, Baeza-Raja B, Perdiguero E, Jardí M, Muñoz-Cánoves P. Interleukin-6 is an essential regulator of satellite cell-mediated skeletal muscle hypertrophy. Cell Metab 2008; 7: 33
1. Bourey RE, Koranyi L, James DE, Mueckler M, Permutt MA. Effects of altered glucose homeostasis on glucose transporter expression in skeletal muscle of the rat. J Clin Invest 86: 542-547, 1990.
2. Bernroider E, Brehm A, Krssak M et al. The role of intramyocellular lipids during hypoglycemia in patients with intensively treated type 1 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90: 5559-5565, 2005.
3. Russell ST, Rajani S, Dhadda RS, Tisdale MJ. Mechanism of induction of muscle protein loss by
1. Kapust AJ, Sinclair PM, Turley PK. Cephalometric effects of facemask/expansion therapy in Class III children: a comparison of three age groups. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, 1998;113:204-212.
2. Baik HS. Clinical results of the maxillary protraction in Korean children. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, 1995;108:583-592.
3. Baccetti T, McGill JS, Franchi L, McNamara JA Jr, Tollaro I. Skeletal effects of early treatment of Class III malocclusion with maxillary expansion and face-mask therapy. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop, 1998