Jacek Kijowski, Celina Marciszewska, Renata Cegielska-Radziejewska and Anna Popiół
.T.: Vacuum or modified atmosphere packaging and EDTA - nisin treatment to increase poultry product shelf-life. J Appl Poult Res 1999, 8 , 185-190.
5. Duszkiewicz-Reinhard W., Grzybowski R., Sobczak E.: Theory and exercises in general and technical microbiology. Edition of SGGW, Warszawa, 1999, pp. 95-106.
6. Fehlhaber K.: Microbiological problems in slaughter poultry. Med Weter 1996, 52 , 758-762.
7. Gill, A.O., Holley R.A.: Inhibition of bacterial growth on ham and bologna by lysozyme, nisin and EDTA. Food Res Int 2000
Natalia Mazur-Panasiuk, Jacek Żmudzki and Grzegorz Woźniakowski
than in raw pork ( 12 ). The studies regarding ASFV survival in dry-cured processed meat are limited to ham, Spanish and Italian shoulder, loin, smoked pepperoni and salami, pork belly, and corned meat ( 26 , 27 , 28 40 , 46 ). Salami and pepperoni might remain infectious up to 30 days ( 26 ). Pork belly and loin were demonstrated to still contain viable ASFV after 60 and 83 days, which is longer than the duration of their commercial curing processes (14–21 and 60 days, respectively) but still within the shelf-life of the products. These pork products pose a low
typing of Clostridium perfringens isolates from some poultry products in Egypt. J Appl Sci Res 2007, 3, 1804–1808.
24. Nowell V.J., Poppe C., Parreira V.R., Jiang Y.F., Reid-Smith R.: Clostridium perfringens in retail chicken. Anaerobe 2010, 16, 314–315.
25. Okolocha E.C., Ellerbroek L.: The influence of acid and alkaline treatments on pathogens and the shelflife of poultry meat. Food Control 2005, 16, 217–225.
26. Osman K.M., Elhariri M.: Antibiotic resistance of Clostridium perfringens isolates from broiler chickens in Egypt. Rev Sci Tech Off
storage (0º–2ºC). In the four examined fish species, the numbers of psychrophilic bacteria were close to the numbers of aerobic bacteria, which could indicate poor sanitary conditions in the handling process. A higher content of psychrophilic bacteria in the muscles of fresh fish may result in shorter shelflife.
Enterobacteriaceae serve as an indicator of the hygiene of food acquisition or production ( 5 ). The Enterobacteriaceae count was higher by 1.5 log in the muscle tissues of grass carp and bighead carp (herbivorous species) than in Siberian sturgeon and
Jacek Szczawiński, Małgorzata Ewa Szczawińska, Adriana Łobacz, Michał Tracz and Agnieszka Jackowska-Tracz
Listeria monocytogenes in fermented milk products - prediction on the basis of experiments with real food products and Pathogen Modeling Program V. 4.0. In: Shelflife prediction for improved safety and quality of foods . Copernicus Project CIPA-CT94-0120. Copi-Print Library Building University College Dublin 1998, pp. 187–192.
35. Szczawiński J., Szczawińska M.E., Łobacz A., Jackowska-Tracz A.: Modeling the effect of temperature on survival rate of Listeria monocytogenes in yogurt. Pol J Vet Sci 2016, 19, 317–324.
Andrzej Półtorak, Małgorzata Moczkowska, Jarosław Wyrwisz and Agnieszka Wierzbicka
force measurements and consumer characteristics. Meat Sci 2014, 97, 310–315.
38. Vargas D.N., Down A.E., Webb D.S., Han H., Morgan J.B., Dolezal H.G.: Effects of dietary supplementation of feedlot steers with vitamins E and D 3 on live performance, carcass traits, shelf-life attributes and longissimus muscle tenderness. Anim Sci Res Rep 1999, 59–66. http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/research/research-reports-1/1999/1999-1%20Vargas%20Research%20Report.pdf .
39. Wheeler T.L., Koohmaraie M., Shackelford S.D.: Effect of postmortem injection time and post
Florentina Glodde, Mevlüt Günal, Mary E. Kinsel and Amer AbuGhazaleh
., Gülçin I., Gören A.C.: Antioxidant activity and polyphenol content of cranberries ( Vaccinium macrocarpon ). Rec Nat Prod 2015, 9, 496–502. Kalin P. Gülçin I. Gören A.C. Antioxidant activity and polyphenol content of cranberries ( Vaccinium macrocarpon ) Rec Nat Prod 2015 9 496 502
16 Kanatt S.R., Chander R., Sharma A.: Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of pomegranate peel extract improves the shelflife of chicken products. Int J Food Sci Technol 2009, 45, 216–222. Kanatt S.R. Chander R. Sharma A. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of pomegranate peel
situation is often due to the lack of sufficient knowledge about the risk of infection, both on the part of consumers and food manufacturers.
In the European Union the criteria on the presence of L . monocytogenes in RTE food are the same as in the Codex and they are specified in Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2073/2005 as later amended. It has been established that food business operators are responsible for application of the relevant criteria for different kinds of food. The number of L . monocytogenes must not exceed the limit of 100 cfu/g during the shelf