5. United States Senate. HR 3590: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, P.L. 111-148, 124 Stat. 353, Sec. 3001.
6. Lindenauer PK, Remus D, et al. Public reporting and pay for performance in hospital qualityimprovement. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:486-96.
7. Petersen LA, Woodard LD, Urech T, Daw C, Sookanan S. Does pay-for-performance improve the quality of health care? Ann Intern Med. 2006;145:265-72.
8. Epstein A. Pay for Performance at the Tipping Point. N Engl J Med. 2007
Carmen Bogeanu, Cristiana David, Ileana Peride, Ionel Alexandru Checheriţă and Alexandru Ciocâlteu
postoperative respiratory failure in men after major noncardiac surgery. The National Veterans Administration Surgical QualityImprovement Program. Ann Surg 232: 242-253, 2000.
11. Mira LT. Perioperative management of the diabetic patient. Medscape, Accessed on 6 October 2013 at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/284451- overview.
Manju Ceylony, Jahan Porhomayon, Leili Pourafkari and Nader D. Nader
19. WONG BM, ETCHELLS EE, KUPER A, LEVINSON W, SHOJANIA KG. Teaching qualityimprovement and patient safety to trainees: a systematic review. Acad Med 2010; 85 (9):1425-1439.
20. KASSIRER JP. Teaching clinical reasoning: case-based and coached. Acad Med 2010; 85 (7):1118-1124.
Gabriel Ungureanu, Ioana-Dana Alexa and Maria-Christina Ungureanu
. Reduction of unnecessary intravenous catheter use. Internal medicine house staff participate in a successful qualityimprovement project. Postgrad Med J 2004 80(939);
6. Lederle FA, Parenti CM, Berskow LC, Ellingson KJ. The idle intravenous catheter-Arch Intern Med. 1994, 22;154(16):1829-32. Ann Intern Med. 1992 May 1;116(9):737-8
7. Herrero GS, Martinez de Albornoz Torrente P, et al. Use and abuse of intravenous catheters in conventional hospital-An Med Interna. 2006 Oct;23(10):475-7
8. Miron S-D, Labar A, Gutu M, Astarastoae V: Ethical issues of
Vishal Sehgal, Sukhminder Jit Singh Bajwa, John A. Consalvo and Anurag Bajaj
emergency laparotomy? Analysis of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical QualityImprovement Program database. J Am Coll Surg 2012;215:503-11.
26. Andriescu L, Patraşcanu E, Dănilă R, Bădic B, Rădulescu C. [Acute surgical pathology in elderly patients]. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 2005;109:286-9.
27. Baldwin MR, Narain WR, Wunsch H, Schluger NW, Cooke JT, Maurer MS, et al. A prognostic model for 6-month mortality in elderly survivors of critical illness. Chest 2013;143:910-9.
28. Liu YJ, Du P, Rao J
Amoah Yeboah-Korang, Mohammad I. Beig, Mohammad Q. Khan, Jay L. Goldstein, Don M. Macapinlac, Darryck Maurer, Amnon Sonnenberg and Claus J. Fimmel
patients enrolled in the Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic States’ (KPMAS) health system revealed that 14.4% had been HCV antibody-tested between 2003 and 2012.[ 12 ] More recent qualityimprovement studies reported testing rates of 11% to 47.2%.[ 13 , 14 ]
Although HCV testing rates among U.S. birth-cohort patients have been studied extensively, limited data exists to differentiate birth-cohort screening from risk- or liver disease-based testing.The aims of our study were to analyze factors associated with overall HCV-Ab testing in a large birth-cohort population, to
cardiologists and cardiac care team members delivered through WeChat—one of the most widely used social media platforms in China.
The College is also committed to helping China monitor national data on cardiovascular health to identify trends over time and track improvements in care. Integrated registries have the potential to be used as powerful tools for identifying education and qualityimprovement opportunities both globally and at country-specific levels. The ACC’s National Cardiovascular Data Registry has made considerable contributions toward improving the quality of
Zsolt Parajkó, András Mester, Dan Păsăroiu, Theodora Benedek and Imre Benedek
, et al. Characterization and Outcomes of Women and Men with Non-ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease: Results from the Can Rapid Risk Stratification of Unstable Angina Patients Suppress Adverse Outcomes with Early Implementation of the ACC/AHA Guidelines (CRUSADE) QualityImprovement Initiative. Am Heart J . 2009;158:688-694.
4. Larsen AI, Galbraith PD, Ghali WA, et al. Characteristics and Outcomes of Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction and Angiographically Normal Coronary Arteries. Am J Cardiol . 2005
. Ventilator-induced Lung Injury Eur Respir J 2003 22 Suppl 42 2 9
5 Sutherasan Y, Vargas M, Pelosi P. Protective mechanical ventilation in the non-injured lung: review and meta-analysis. Crit Care. 2014;18:211. 10.1186/cc13778
Sutherasan Y Vargas M Pelosi P Protective mechanical ventilation in the non-injured lung: review and meta-analysis Crit Care 2014 18 211
6 Yang CK, Teng A, Lee DY, Rose K. Pulmonary complications after major abdominal surgery: National Surgical QualityImprovement Program analysis. J Surg Res. 2015;198(2):441-49. 10.1016/j
Mariana Tilinca, Tudor Sorin Pop, Tiberiu Bățagă, Ancuța Zazgyva and Marius Niculescu
for postoperative renal dysfunction in young adults: a review of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical QualityImprovement Program database. Am J Surg. 2016;211:772-777.
41. Wooten C, Curtin B. Morbid Obesity and Total Joint Replacement: Is It Okay to Say No? Orthopedics. 2016;39:207-209.
42. Hussan H, Gray DM, Hinton A, Krishna SG, Conwell DL, Stanich PP.Morbid Obesity is Associated with Increased Mortality, Surgical Complications, and Incremental Health Care Utilization in the Peri-Operative Period of Colorectal Cancer