Pavel Šmela, Petra Pačesová, Stanislav Kraček and Nina Halačová
1. ABRAMENKOVÁ, V. et al., 1987. Stručný psychologický slovník . Bratislava: Pravda. SPS 075-036-87.
2. ALI, J., 2010. A study of achievement motivation in relation to performance of badminton players. In: Vyayam-Vidnyan. 43 (3), 41-44.
3. BEDRNOVÁ, E., I. NOVÝ et al., 2007. Psychologie a sociologie řízení . Praha: Management press. ISBN 8072610643.
4. CASTILLO, I., J. DUDA, I. BALAGUER & I. TOMAS, 2009. Cross-domain generality of achievement motivation across sport and the classroom: the case of Spanish adolescents. In
4. FRY, A. C., B. K. SCHILLING & L. W. WEISS, 2006. β2- Adrenergic Receptor Downregulation and Performance Decrements during High-intensity Resistance Exercise Overtraining. In: Journal of Applied Physiology. 101(6): 1664-1672.
5. HALAŠOVÁ, N., 2011. Teória kanoistickej disciplíny kajak freestyle a didaktika jej základných figúr. Bratislava. Comenius University in Bratislava. Master thesis. Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Department of Outdoor sports and Swimming.
6. ICF, 2015. What is Canoe
Pavel Šmela, Petra Pačesová, Stanislav Kraček and Dan Hájovský
The aim of the paper is to widen knowledge about motivation of elite, recreational athletes and non-athletes. Participants from the elite athletes group (n = 35, 16.7 ± .70 years old) were football players of the Slovak national team. Recreational athletes (n = 31, 16.8 ± .80 years old) and non-athletes (n = 29, 15.7 ± .60 years old) are visiting Grammar School in Zvolen. D-M-V standardized questionnaire was used to determine performance motivation. The Kolmogorov-Smirnov's test disconfirmed the null hypothesis on the normality of data. We used the non-parametric Kruskal-Wallis and Mann-Whitney U tests to determine the statistical significance of the differences. The results showed that there were significant (p .0.01) differences with large effect size (η2 ≥ .14) in all the three (the performance motives scale, the anxiety inhibiting performance scale and the anxiety supporting performance scale) dimensions among the research groups. The motivation of elite athletes is significantly higher (p = .048; r = .25) compared to the recreational athletes. Also, compared to the non-athletes, the level of performance motivation is significantly higher (p = .002; r = .51) in the elite athletes. Based on the results of the study we can formulate the statement that the level of performance motivation is contingent on the level of sport activity.
1. ALEMDAROROGLU, U., 2012.The relationship between muscle strength, anaerobic performance, agility, sprint ability and vertical jump performance in Professional basketball players. Journal of Human Kinetics. 31, p. 99-106.
2. BOMPA, T.O., 2000. Total Training for Young Champions. Proven conditioning programs for athletes ages 6 to 18. USA, Champaign: Human Kinetics. ISBN 13:978-0-7360-0212-7.
3. BUZGÓ, G. et al., 2010. Zmeny vybraných parametrov oporného systému mladých vzpieračov. In: Telesná
Ladislava Doležajová, Anton Lednický and Martin Vaváček
The authors have evaluated the combined track-and-field events performed by the female students of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport of Comenius University in Bratislava (CU FPES) in the years 2013 – 2017. The combined track-and-field events are an obligatory part of the final Athletics examination in the teacher-training study program. The selected disciplines reflect the first day of the men’s decathlon with the exception of the last one, which is replaced by 800 m. The number of points in the combined event enters into the overall assessment of the subject Didactics of Athletics II together with an oral examination. The authors analysed not only the total number of points in the pentathlon but also in the individual disciplines and their percentage share in the final result. They have discovered that the shot put and high jump are among the most stable disciplines. The greatest variance of the percentage share in the overall number of points was observed in the 100 m dash, 800 m and in the long jump. The performance of a high number of students (almost two-thirds) came below the average performance in the particular year as expressed in points.
1. ANTALA, B., 2012. Legislatívna podpora rozvoja pohybových aktivít v školskom prostredí. In: B. ANTALA et. al. Telesná a športová výchova v názoroch žiakov základných a stredných škôl. 1. vyd. Bratislava: END, spol. s. r. o, Topoľčianky, s. 6-21. ISBN 978-80-89324-09-5.
2. BLOMQVIST, M., 2001. Game Understanding and Game Performance in Badminton: Development and validation of assessment instruments and their application to games teaching and coaching. Jyväskylä. Diplomová práca. University of Jyväskylä.
3. DALTON, W., 2009
and Amateur Male Handball Players. Int J Sports Med, 26: 225-232.
4. Granados, C., M. Izquierdo, J. Ibanez, H. Bonnabau & E. M. Gorostiaga, 2007. Differences in Physical Fitness and Throwing Velocity Among Elite and Amateur Female Handball Players. International Journal of Sports Medicine , 28: 860-867.
5. Hermassi, S., T. J. Gabbett, J. Ingebrigtsen, R. Van Den Tillaar, M. S. Chelly & K. Chamari, 2014. Effects of a Short-term in-season Plyometric Training Program on Repeated-sprint Ability, Leg Power and Jump Performance of Elite
Matej Šmída, Michal Clementis, Dušan Hamar and Yvetta Macejková
1. BOURDIN, M. et al., 2004. Peak power output predicts rowing ergometer performance in elite male rowers. International journal of sports medicine. 25: 368-373.
2. FIKERSTRAND, A. & K. SEILER, 2004. Training and performance characteristics among Norwegian international rowers from 1970 - 2001. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. 14: 303-310.
3. INGHAM, S. A., G. P. WHYTE, K. JONES et al., 2002. Determinants of 2,000 m rowing ergometer performance in elite rowers. European Journal
1. ALEXANDRE, D., 2012. Heart Rate Monitoring in Soccer: Interest and Limits During Competitive Match Play and Training, Practical Application. In: Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research . 26(10), pp. 2890-2906.
2. BARNES, CH. et al., 2014. The Evolution of Physical and Technical Performance Parameters in the English Premier League. In: International Journal of Sports Medicine . 35 (1-6).
3. BOYLE, M., 2004. Functional Training for Sports: Superior Conditioning for Today's Athlete . USA: Rodale. ISBN 9780736046817.