Maja Sereg-Bahar, Ales Jerin and Irena Hocevar-Boltezar
. Quadeer MA, Lopez R, Wood BG. Does acid suppresive therapy reduce the risk of laryngeal cancer recurrence? Laryngoscope 2005; 115: 1877-81.
8. Copper MP, Smit CF, Stanojcic LD, Devriese PP, Schouwenburg PF Mathus- Vliegen LM. High incidence of laryngeal reflux in patients with head and neck cancer. Laryngoscope 2000; 110: 1007-11.
9. Belafsky PC, Postma GN, Koufman JA. Validity and reliability of the reflux Symptom Index (RSI). J Voice 2002; 16: 274-7.
10. Samuels TL, Johnston N. Pepsin as a marker of extraesophageal
metallic dental materials. Comput Appl Electr Eng, 2015;13:143-152.
21. Hashizume N, Fukahori S, Asagiri K, Ishii S, Saikusa N, Higashidate N et al. The characteristics of salivary pepsin in patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities. Brain Dev, 2017;39:703-709.
22. Reddihough D. Management of drooling in neurological disabilities: more evidence is needed. DMCN, 2017;59:460-461.
23. Siqueira, WL, Bermejo PR, Mustacchi Z. Buffer capacity, pH, and flow rate in saliva of children aged 2–60 months with Down syndrome. Clin Oral Invest, 2005
Martina Pezdirec, Primoz Strojan and Irena Hocevar Boltezar
An interesting finding of the present study is a connection between dysphagia and the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux. Reflux of gastric acid and pepsin is well-recognized etiologic factor in dysphagia even in subjects without cancer, simply by causing inflammation of the laryngeal and hypopharyngeal mucosa. 24 , 25 Such inflammation can additionally aggravate pre-existing radiomucositis in irradiated patients, leading to scarring and impaired sensitivity of involved mucosa. Reflux to the level above the upper esophageal sphincter was found to impair the
Larysa B. Bondarenko, Ganna M. Shayakhmetova, Anatoliy V. Matvienko and Valentina M. Kovalenko
Biochem 71:114-118, 1976
12. Rubin AL, Drake MP, Davison PF et al. Effect of pepsin on the interaction properties of tropocollagen macromolecules. Biochemistry 4: 181-190, 1965.
13. Maurer G. The Disk-electrophoresis, Mir, Moscow, p. 247, 1971 (in Russian).
14. Deveni T, Gherghey J. The amino-acids, peptides and proteins, Mir, Moscow, p. 364, 1976 (in Russian).
15. Boekelheide K, Chapin R. Male reproductive toxicology . In Current Protocols in Toxicology , Costa LG, Hodgson E, Lawrence DA, Ozolins