Vincent K. Omachonu NGE. Innovation in Healthcare Delivery Systems: A Conceptual Framework. The Public Sector Innovation Journal. 2010; 15(1):1-20.
 Lansisalmi H, M. Kivimaki, P. Aalto, and R. Ruoranen. Innovation in Healthcare: A Systematic Review of Recent Research. Nursing Science Quarterly. 2006; 19:66-72.
 Hult KJ. Incremental Innovation and Pharmaceutical Productivity. 2014.
 Varkey P, Horne A, Bennet KE. Innovation in health care: a primer. American journal of medical quality : the official journal of the
1. Tabak LA. Point-of-Care Diagnostics Enter the Mouth. Ann NY Acad Sci, 2007;1098:7-14.
2. Richard L, Furler J, Densley K, Haggerty J, Russell G, Levesque JF, Gunn J. Equity of access to primary healthcare for vulnerable populations: the IMPACT international online survey of innovations. Int J Equity Health, 2016;15:64.
3. Bersell CH. Access to Oral Health Care: A National Crisis and Call for Reform. J Dent Hyg, 2017;91:6-14.
4. Petrovic B, Markovic D, Peric T. Evaluating the population with intellectual disability unable to
1. Khan BZ. Looking Backward: Founding Choices in Innovation and Intellectual Property Protection. Available at: http://www.nber.org/chapters/c11741.pdf .
2. Mumford L. Technics and Civilization. Available at: https://monoskop.org/images/f/fa/Mumford_Lewis_Technics_and_Civilization.pdf
3. Patents And Innovation: Trends And Policy Challenges. Available at: https://www.oecd.org/sti/sci-tech/24508541.pdf
4. Giugni D, Giugni V. Intellectual Property: a powerful tool to develop biotech research. Microb Biotechnol . 2010;3:493-506.
Introduction. The introduction of sodium glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors in the management of diabetes was an innovation in the treatment of this disease, considering the protective cardiovascular effect not only the ability of decreasing the plasma glucose. In Europe, this class of medication is approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and some of them (dapagliflozin and sotagliflozin) are also approved for use in certain patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. These patients must have inadequate control of their blood glucose levels despite optimal insulin therapy. One of the adverse effects is diabetic ketoacidosis.
Case report. This case report presents a diabetic patient whose treatment was changed from insulin therapy to oral therapy. Within 10 days after the initiation of the new treatment her condition gradually worsened and she arrived at the emergency room with nausea, vomiting and altered general condition. She was admitted for euglycemic ketoacidosis and treated according to the protocol.
Conclusions. This case reveals the importance of continuing the insulin therapy when adding a sodium glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor in type 1 diabetes patients.
Daphne Kaitelidou, Maria Kalogeropoulou, Theofanis Katostaras, Olympia Konstantakopoulou, Panagiotis Minogiannis, Alexandra Skitsou, Olga Siskou, Georgios Charalampous, Alexandros Ardavanis and Lykourgos Liaropoulos
Agency (2005). Process mapping, analysis and redesign. London: Department of Health, pp 1-40.
 Kelly M.J., Lloyd T.D.R., Marshall D., Garcea G.,. Sutton C. D, Beach M. A snapshot of MDT working and patient mapping in the UK colorectal cancer centres in 2002. Colorectal Disease, 2003, 5.6: 577-581.
 NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Process mapping, analysis and redesign. London: Department of Health, 2007, pp 1-43.
 NHS Scotland Event. Reducing the length of stay for patients with Fractured hip. NHS Scotland, Edinburgh, 2008
Spiroski M, Gogusev J. Macedonian Medical Journals Have Very Limited Scientific Influence. Maced J Med Sci. 2008;1(2):10-16.
Chaifetz S, Chokshi DA, Rajkumar R, Scales D, Benkler Y. Closing the access gap for health innovations: an open licensing proposal for universities. Global Health. 2007;3:1. doi:10.1186/1744-8603-3-1 PMID:17270051
Macklin R. The Declaration of Helsinki: another revision. Indian J Med Ethics
numerous treatment planning studies comparing different modalities ( i.e . 3D-CRT vs . IMRT vs . VMAT) and usually depends on the available equipment, technical innovations, irradiated volume, treatment planning system with dose calculation algorithm, and skills of the planner.
There are numerous publications comparing the dosimetric parameters of radiotherapy plans, mostly for patients with left-sided early BC. Some of them have been summarised in a review of treatment planning options by Balaji et al . where most authors favoured hybrid planning techniques (3D CRT