The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most competitive businesses in the world. Supply chain in this industry has been directed towards the production of large batches to avoid lack of supplies, and the achievement of regulatory requirements, at the cost of high level of inventory, higher costs and inventory write-off due to expiration or other reasons. In recent years this industry is facing major changes and challenges such as intense globalization processes, increased competition and innovations in technologies, which has broadened and deepened risks in supply chain.
The paper reports the results of the study of the risk in distribution processes of Slovenian pharmaceutical companies, which was conducted among five companies and aims to draw attention to risks that arise in supply chain, to emphasize the importance of their management and to present a model for an effective assessment of risk in companies, developed at the Faculty of Logistics.
1. Barney, J., (1991). Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage. Journal of Management. 17 (1), 99-121.
2. Coase, R., (1937). The nature of the firm. Economics. 4, 386-405.
3. Dabhilkar, M., Bengtsson, L., (2008). Invest or divest? On the relative improvement potential in outsourcing manufacturing. Production Planning & Control. 19 (3), 212-228.
4. Dankbaar, B., (2007). Global sourcing and innovation: the consequences of losing both organizational and geographical proximity
1. B. Williams, “Ethics and the Limits of Philosophy”, London, 1985, p. 36.
2. http://urbnews.pl/raport-onz-world-urbanization-prospects-2014/; www.statista.com
4. “Urban World: Cities and the Rise of the Consuming Class”, McKinsey Global Institute, 2013.
5. “Future of the Cities - Cities of the Future. Strategies and Challenges. Social and technological innovations”, Report by ThinkTank and RWE, 2013.
6. R. D. Putnam, „Bowling Alone
1. K. Gotzamani, P. Longinidis, and F. Vouzas, “The logistics services outsourcing dilemma: quality management and financial performance perspectives”, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal , vol. 15, no. 6 pp. 438–453, September 2010.
2. S. J. Grawe, P. J. Daugherty, and P. M. Ralston, “Enhancing dyadic performance through boundary spanners and innovation: An assessment of service provider–customer relationships”, Journal of Business Logistics , vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 88–101, March. 2015.
3. P. R. Murphy and R. Poist
Francesca R. Lugeri, Piero Farabollini, Nicola Lugeri, Vittorio Amadio and Fabio Baiocco
paesaggi del vino, La Cartografia, anno V, n.14, 2007, pp. 14-29. Trevi, Italy: Dipartimento Scienze della Terra, Università di Perugia. (in Italian)
Gregori, L. (2004). Percorsi geoturistici ed enografici in Umbria. Atti 2° Convegno Geologia & Turismo “Opportunità nell’economia del paesaggio”, Bologna 3-4 novembre, pp. 58-60. (in Italian)
Lugeri, F.R. and Farabollini, P. (2015). Science and society: new proposals for an unconventional scientific communication. In Innovation in Ugolini F., Raschi A., Papageorgiou F., Environmental
Katariina Koistinen, Ville Uusitalo and Anna Huostila
., Kellner, J., Lietke, B., Toporowski, W. & Zielke, S. (2012a). Sustainability in retailing - a summative content analysis. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 40(4), 318-335. DOI: 10.1108/09590551211211792
22. Coombs, R., Harvey, M. & Tether, B. (2003). Analysing distributed processes of provision and innovation. Industrial and Corporate Change, 12(6), 1125-1155. DOI: 10.1093/icc/12.6.1125
23. Lehner, M. 2015. Translating sustainability: the role of the retail store. International Journal of Retail & Distribution
Eftihia Nathanail, Lambros Mitropoulos, Ioannis Karakikes and Giannis Adamos
paper - Towards a new culture for urban mobility . COM(2007) 0551 final. European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
5. European Commission. (2009). Action plan of urban mobility . European Communities, COM(2009) 490 final. Brussels, Belgium.
6. European Center for Government Transformation. (2015). Boosting innovation in cities to deliver better public services – A view from tomorrow’s leaders . College of Europe student case studies, Final report.
7. Figliozzi M.A. (2010). The impacts of congestion on commercial vehicle tour characteristics and costs
, Eva. (2005). Logistics-production, logistics-marketing and external integration. Int Jrnl of Op & Prod Mnagemnt, 25 (1), 20-38. doi: 10.1108/01443570510572222
Griffin, Abbie, & Hauser, John R. (1996). Integrating R&D and Marketing: A Review and Analysis of the Literature. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 13 (3), 191-215. doi: 10.1111/1540-5885.1330191
Group, European People’s Party. (2012). Building Europe 2020 in Partnership: Tourism as a driver for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. Brussels: EPP Group in the Committee of Regions