Adina Maria Roman, Daniela Dobru, Crina Fofiu and Alina Boeriu
1. Liu J, Wang D, Li H, et al - Clinical value of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in diagnosis of hyperechoic liver lesions. Med Sci Monit. 2015; 21:2845
2. Casali PG, Blay JY - ESMO/CONTICANET/EUROBONET Consensus Panel of Experts. Gastrointestinalstromaltumours: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol. 2010; 21:98-102
3. Søreide K, Sandvik OM, Søreide JA, Giljaca V, Jureckova A, Bulusu VR - Global epidemiology of gastrointestinalstromaltumours (GIST): A systematic review of population
Gabos Gabriella, Friciu Adina, Diac Raluca, Magdas Annamaria, C Crăciun, M Coroş and Dobru Daniela
Surg Oncol 2011, 9:13
8. Unalp HR, Erdinc K HD, AliB, Ercument T, Mehmet O. Gastrointestinalstromaltumours: outcomes of surgical management and analysis of prognostic variables. Can J Surg, 52
9. Pleşea IE, Chiuţu L, Bordu SI, Georgescu I, Georgescu EF, Ciobanu D, Mărgăritescu ND, Comănescu V, Nemeş R. Gastrointestinalstromaltumors- a clinical-morphological study on 15 cases. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2014;55:513-523.
10. Zhen H, Yuan Li, Hong Z, Jian Z, Jian C. Prognostic factors and clinicopathological characteristics of small gastrointestinal
Elizabeta Trajkovska, Vesna Janevska, Liljana Spasevska, Vlado Janevski, Julija Zhivadinovik, Gordana Petrushevska and Blagica Dukova
1. Hsiao H. H, Sheau-Fang Yang S. F, Liu Y. C, Yang M. J, Lin S. F. Synchronous gastrointestinalstromaltumor and adenocarcinoma at the gastroesophageal junction. Med Sci. 2009; 25(6): 338-41.
2. Nakamura S, Aoyagi K, Iwanaga S, et al. Synchronous and metachronous primary gastric lymphoma and adenocarcinoma: a clinicopathological study of 12 patients. Cancer. 1997; 79(6): 1077-85.
3. Liu S. W, Chen G. H, Hsieh P. P. Collision tumor of the stomach. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2002; 35(4): 332
1. Demetri GD, von Mehren M, Blanke CD, Van den Abbeele AD, Eisenberg B, Roberts PJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of imatinib mesylate in advanced gastrointestinalstromaltumors. N Engl J Med. 2002; 347:472-80.
2. Schwetz BA. New Treatment for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. JAMA. 2001; 286:35.
3. Cohen MH, Williams G, Johnson JR, Duan J, Gobburu J, Rahman A, et al. Approval summary for imatinib mesylate capsules in the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2002; 8: 935
Ayper Kaçar, Hacı Ahmet Demir, Haydar Durak and Sergülen Dervişoğlu
Spindle cell rhabdomyosarcoma is a rare subtype of rhabdomyosarcoma mainly seen in children. Occasional aberrant staining with a variety of immunohistochemical markers has been noted. The aberrantly expressed markers include alpha-smooth muscle actin, cytokeratin, S100, neurofilaments, CD20, immunoglobins, and CD117. We report herein two pediatric cases displaying strong CD34 positivity and one with additional focal CD117 positivity, causing considerable difficulty in distinction from solitary fibrous tumor and extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumor. To our knowledge, CD34 staining has been merely reported in rhabdomyosarcoma. Spindle cell rhabdomyosarcoma has to be considered in the differential diagnosis of childhood spindle cell tumors. Post-chemotherapy specimens should be evaluated in caution, since chemotherapy can cause considerable changes in tumor antigen expression. Since CD117 and CD34 are stem cell markers, their positivity in pediatric tumors should be interpreted with caution. Even if the morphology is not supportive, a wide immunohistochemical panel should be applied in childhood malignant solid tumors
Aleksandra S Orlova, Karina M Shkurlatovskaia, Ekaterina V Silina, Polina M Pyatilova, Natalya P Teplyuk, Evgeniya A Kogan, Sergej I Vorobyev, Stefani S Bolevich, Valida A Dadaeva, Bella I Tachieva and Sergej B Bolevich
and determining aggressive course of the disease ( 32 , 37 ). In fact, several other somatic mutations in TET2, SRSF2, ASXL1, CBL, RUNX1 and RAS in patients with SM-AHN, ASM, MCL were detected ( 5 , 24 ).
Non-KIT mutations in SM-AHN are found not only in MCs, but also in other myeloid cells, CD34-progenitor cells and sometimes in monocytes and B-lymphocytes ( 1 , 38 , 39 ).
However, KIT mutations are found in other neoplasms, including gastrointestinalstromaltumors, acute myeloblastosis, lymphomas and seminomas ( 1 , 2 , 20 ).
In addition to the