Mousaab Beloudane, Mohamed Bouzit and Houari Ameur
-423. DOI: 10.1002/cjce.5450800409.
4. Nagata, S. (1975). Mixing Principals and Applications. John Wiley & sons Halstead Press Tokyo Japan.
5. Suzukawa, K., Mochizukib, S. & Osaka, H. (2006). Effect of the attack angle on the roll and trailing vortex structures in an agitated vessel with a paddle impeller. Chem. Engineer. Sci. 61, 2791-2798. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2005.10.063.
6. Kumaresan, T. & Joshi, J.B. (2006). Effect of impeller design on the flow pattern and mixing in stirred tanks. Chem. Eng. Sci. 1153
Godfrey, J. Static Mixers in the Process Industries, editors: Harnby N., Edwards M., Nienow A., Butterworth-Heinmann, USA, 1992, 225-249.
Jaworski, Z., Murasiewicz, H. & Pianko-Oprych, P. Large Eddy Simulation of turbulent liquid-liquid flow in Kenics static mixers, Proc. 10th Intern. Conf. Multiphase Flow in Ind. Plant, 2006, Tropea, Italy.
Jaworski, Z. & Murasiewicz, H. CFD of turbulent liquid-liquid flow in Kenics static mixers, Proc. 11th Intern. Conf. Multiphase Flow
van Wageningen, W.F.C., Mudde, R.F. & van den Akker, H.E.E., Numerical investigation into mixing of particle-laden flows in a Kenics static mixer, 11th Europ. Conf. on Mixing, Bamberg, Germany, 2003, 137-144.
Wadley, R. & Dawson, M.K., LIF measurements of blending in static mixers in the turbulent and transitional flow regimes, Chem. Eng. Sci. , 2005, 60, 2469-2478. DOI: 10.1016/j.ces.2004.11.021
Jaffer, A.A., Wood, P.E., Quantification of laminar mixing in the Kenics
Bottone, F. (2004). Investigation into the influence of solid concentration on solid-liquid mixing using PIV technique , Final year project thesis, University of Pisa, Italy.
Virdung, T. & Rasmuson, A. (2003). PIV measurements of solid-liquid mixing at elevated concentrations, 11 th European Conference on Mixing, 3-5 October 2003 (pp.129-136). Bamberg, Germany.
Liu, S., Hrymak, N. A. & Wood, P. E. (2005). Drop breakup in an SMX static mixer in laminar flow, Can. J Chem
Kiran D. Bhuyar, Sanvidhan G. Suke and S.D. Dawande
An up-flow anaerobic packed bed (UAPB) bioreactor has been designed on a laboratory-scale and used for treatment of domestic milk wastewater (MWW). The UAPB bioreactor was operated under mesophilic temperature (37-45°C) and reactor performance evaluated at various organic loading rates of MWW effluent at hydraulic retention times (HRT) of 1, 2, and 3 d based on the removal of organic matter COD, BOD, SS, pH changes and biogas production. The kinetic parameters were estimated using the experimental data to develop a reactor model. Empirical relations were generated for the characteristics like COD, BOD, and SS using modeling equations. This study proved that the UAPB reactor performance is excellent for treating domestic MWW and easily biodegradable dairy wastewater influent. Hence, this system can operate at low costs, making it suited for use in the developing countries and rural areas.
Kai Wang, Zixu Zhang, Qiong Liu, Xincheng Tu and Hyoung-Bum Kim
exchanger. Energy Conver. Managem . 51(5), 1004–1014. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2009.12.003.
4. Hosseini, R., Hosseini-Ghaffar, A. & Soltani M. (2007). Experimental determination of shell side heat transfer coefficient and pressure drop for an oil cooler shell-and-tube heat exchanger with three different tube bundles. Appl. Therm. Enginee . 27(5–6), 1001–1008. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.07.023.
5. Pacio, J.C. & Dorao, C.A. (2010). A study of the effect of flow maldistribution on heat transfer performance in evaporators. Nuc. Enginee. Design 240
Bartosz Moszowski, Tomasz Wajman, Krzysztof Sobczak, Marek Inger and Marcin Wilk
10. Abbasfard, H., Ghanbari, M., Ghasemi, A., Ghahraman, G., Jokar, S.M. & Rahimpour, M.R. (2014) CFD modelling of flow mal-distribution in an industrial ammonia oxidation reactor: A case study. Applied Thermal Engineering, 67, 223–229. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.03.035.
11. Wen, Z. & Petera, J. (2015) CFD Numerical Simulation of Hydrodynamics in a Rotor-Stator Reactor for Biodiesel Synthesis. J. Appl. Mathem. Physics , 3, 997–1002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jamp.2015.38122 .
12. Udaya Bhaskar, K., Rama Murthy, Y., Ravi Raju, M., Tiwari
microchannel flow. J. of Micromechanics and Microengineering. 3 (4), 206-208. DOI: 10.1088/0960-1317/3/4/009.
4. Mala, G.M. & Li, D. (1999). Flow characteristics of water in microtubes. Int. J. of Heat and Fluid Flow. 20 (2), 142-148. DOI: 10.1016/S0142-727X(98)10043-7.
5. Celata, G.P., Cumo, M., Guglielmi, M. & Zummo, G. (2002). Experimental investigation of hydraulic and single phase heat transfer in 0.130 mm capillary tube. Microscale Thermophysical Engineering. 6 (2), 85-97. DOI: 10.1080/1089395029005323 1.
6. Brutin, D
1. Olson, F.C.W. (1949). Flow through a pipe with a porous wall. J. Appl. Mech. 16(1), 53–54.
2. Cheng, Y.C. & Hwang, G.J. (1995). Experimental studies of laminar flow and heat transfer in a one-porous-wall square duct with wall injection. Int. J. Heat Mass Tran. 38(18), 3475–3484. DOI: 10.1016/0017-9310(95)00037-A.
3. Goosen, M.F.A., Sablani, S.S., Al-Hinai, H., Al-Obeidani, S., Al-Belushi, R. & Jackson, D. (2005). Fouling of reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration membranes: a critical review. Separ. Sci. Technol. 39(10), 2261
A series of thiazole derivatives were synthesized and structurally elucidated by IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, mass and elemental analyses. The prepared compounds were screened for their cytotoxic activity against Leukemia HL-60 cell line. Compound 4b was considered as the most promising antitumor candidate among the tested compounds. Mechanism of action of compound 4b evaluated by flow cytometric assay revealed cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase and pre-G1 apoptosis. The ratio of apoptosis was also determined. Moreover, compound 4b increased the concentration of caspase 3 by 4 fold more than untreated control.