15. Martinez V, Cymerman A, Ben Ammar S, Fiaud JF, Rapon C, Poindessous F, et al. The analgesic efficiency of combined pregabalin and ketamine for total hip arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study. Anaesthesia 2014; 69: 46-52. doi: 10.1111/anae.12495
16. Adam F, Chauvin M, Du Manoir B, Langlois M, Sessler DI, Fletcher D. Small-dose ketamine infusion improves postoperative analgesia and rehabilitation after total knee arthroplasty. Anesth Analg 2005; 100: 475-480. doi: 10.1213/01.ANE.0000142117.82241.DC
Anesthesiol 2017;17: 1. doi: 10.1186/s12871-016-0295-x
45. Zhou C, Zhu Y, Liu Z, Ruan L. 5-HT3 receptor antagonists for the prevention of postoperative shivering: a meta-analysis. J Int Med Res 2016; 44: 1174-1181. doi: 10.1177/0300060516668776
46. He K, Zhao H, Zhou HC. Efficiency and safety of ondansetron in preventing postanaesthesia shivering. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2016; 98: 358-366. doi: 10.1308/rcsann.2016.0152
47. Li M, Hu X, Tan Y, Yang B, Li K, Tang Z . Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on the efficacy
Ionuț Ferenț, István Benedek, Alina Corduneanu, András Mester, Theodora Benedek and Imre Benedek
Background: Myocardial revascularization procedures have undergone important developments over the last decades, which led to a major shift in current clinical practice and therapeutic guidelines across the world. Bare metal and drug-eluting stents present several limitations, all centered on the concept of disturbed coronary hemodynamics after implantation, which can be surpassed by bioresorbable vascular scaffolds (BVS). BVSs are fourth-generation stents used in coronary revascularization procedures, but despite all the promising initial results published on their efficiency, several clinical trials have reported unsatisfactory results, and the main explanation was accredited to improper implantation method. Shear stress is a central element of intravascular homeostasis; it controls vascular remodeling, as well as the development, progression, and destabilization of atheromatous plaques. This study aims to assess the role of in-stent flow hemodynamics (evaluated by computational determination of shear stress via coronary CT imaging) in predicting the clinical evolution following BVS implantation.
Material and methods: This case-control observational study will include patients with BVSs implanted at least 12 months prior to randomization. Each patient will undergo a complete evaluation of the demographic and clinical characteristics, cardiovascular risk factors, and imaging acquisitions via coronary CT angiography, based on which the endothelial shear stress will be calculated before and after BVS implantation. Post-processing of CT imaging data will evaluate the shear stress and the composition of the coronary plaques along the entire coronary tree. The primary endpoint will be the major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) in patients with altered vs. non-altered BVS-related shear stress, and the secondary endpoints will comprise evaluating the rate of progression of stent resorption and progression of shear stress alteration.
Conclusions: The findings of the STAFF study can be extremely useful in clinical practice for providing an answer to a key question that is still under debate: why do BVSs fail and how can we prevent this?.
Eszter Mild, Erzsébet Lázár, Judit-Beáta Köpeczi, Enikő Kakucs, Marius Găzdac, Annamária Pakucs, Cezara Tudor and István Benedek
. Pozotrigo M, Adel N, Landau L, et al. Factors impacting stem cell mobilization failure rate and efficiency in multiple myeloma in the area of novel therapies: experience at Memorial Sloan Kattering Cancer Center. Bone Marrow Transplantation . 2013;48:1033-1039.
9. Worel N, Rosskopf K, Neumeister P, et al. Plerixafor and granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in patients with lymphoma and multiple myeloma previously failing mobilization with G-CSF with or without chemotherapy for autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilization: the Austrian experience on a
Alexandru Vlasa, Lia Yero Eremie, Luminița Lazăr, Anamaria Bud, Mariana Păcurar, Eugen Bud and Carmen Biriș
FG, Diedrich PR. Efficiency of a pendulum appliance for molar distalization related to second and third molar eruption stage. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop . 2004;125:8-23.
13. Wahab MA, Dasor R, Senafi M, et al. Crevicular alkaline phosphatase activity and rate of tooth movement of female orthodontic subjects under different continuous force applications. International Journal of Dentistry . 2013;.
14. McFadden WM, Engstrom C, Engstrom H, Anholm JM. A study of the relationship between incisor intrusion and root shortening. Am J Orthod
Transplantation medicine, one of the emerging major medical disciplines, encompasses a wide variety of clinical subspecialties.
The concept of replacing organs which are failing or showing insufficiency, with single or multiple organs, either artificial or from donors, is accepted in literally every clinical field
There is explosive growth in the transplant sector driven by an ever-increasing patient demand fuelled by the already well-proven efficiency of organ transplantation as an ultimate treatment for end-stage organs failure and the ever