10. Byeon, S.H., Lee, B.K. & Mohan, B.R. (2012). Removal of ammonia and particulate matter using a modified turbulent wet scrubbing system. Sep. Purif. Technol. 98, 221–229. DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2012.07.014.
11. Mohan, Jain, R. & Meikap, B. (2008). Comprehensive analysis for prediction of dust removal efficiency using twin-fluid atomization in a spray scrubber. Sep. Purif. Technol. 63 (2), 269–277. DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2008.05.006.
12. Kim, H., Jung, C., Oh, S. & Lee K. (2001). Particle removal efficiency of gravitational wet scrubber
Luwei Fang, Minglei Tian, Liangwen Lin and Kyung Ho Row
-fluorothiochroman-4-one in urine. J. Chromatogr. A 1474, 23–31. DOI.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.10.076.
17. Wang, X., Lin, L., Xie, J., Yan, X., Xiao, W. & Tian, M. (2018). Adsorption efficiency of pentafluorobenzene on ionic liquids-based silicas. Pol. J. Chem. Technol. 20, 47–52. DOI: 10.2478/pjct-2018-0037.
18. Fang, L., Tian, M., Yan, X. & Xiao, W. (2018). Isolation of aflatoxin B1 from moldy foods by solid-phase extraction combined with bifunctional ionic liquid-based silicas. J. Anal. Methods Chem. 2018, 8427580. DOI: org/10.1155/2018/8427580.
Thirugnanasambandham Karchiyappan, Roberta D. Delcolle, Gustavo L. Goncalves, Daniel T. Vareschini and Marcelino L. Gimenes
In this present work, vinasse, a by-product of sugarcane industry, was examined using combined treatment methods to purify it. Electrocoagulation/flocculation, ultrafiltration were applied as pre-treatment and post-treatment, respectively. The effectiveness of combined process was evaluated based on colour, turbidity and chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal. The efficiency of electrochemical reactor was investigated according to process variables such as retention time, electrode distance and electrolyte dose. From the results, the price to treat unit vinasse is found to be 2.5 US$/m3 under optimum conditions. FT-IR analysis of sludge obtained shows the results of electro-coagulation process. Ultrafiltration as post treatment experiments showed the enhanced removal efficiency of colour (91%), turbidity (88%) and COD (85%). The results showed that electrocoagulation followed by ultrafiltration is a suitable combined technique to reduce the colour, turbidity and COD from vinasse liquid.
Fly ash and slag were examined for the removal processes of Pb(II) ions from water in batch experiments under different conditions of adsorbent dosage, initial concentration, pH and contact time. The materials are industrial waste generated from the high temperature treatment of sewage sludge by the circulating fluidized bed combustion (CFBC) technology. Physical and chemical properties, as well as adsorption efficiency and calculated maximum adsorption capacity of Pb(II) ions were determined using a variety of methods. The kinetic analysis revealed that the adsorption process is better described by the pseudo-second order equation and it is well fitted to the Freundlich model.
Ishaq F. E. Ahmed, Ahmed I. El-Shenawy and Moamen S. Refat
Herein, the photocatalytic degradation of the Congo Red (CR) and Crystal Violet (CV) dyes in an aqueous solution were discussed in the presence of an indium(III) oxide (In2O3) as optical catalyst efficiency. The caproate bidentate indium(III) precursor complex has been synthesized and well interpreted by elemental analysis, molar conductivity, Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR), UV-Vis, and thermogravimetric (TGA) with its differential thermogravimetric (DTG) studies. The microanalytical and spectroscopic assignments suggested that the associated of mononuclear complex with 1:3 molar ratio (M3+:ligand). Octahedral structure is speculated for this parent complex of the caproate anion, CH3(CH2)4COO− ligand. The In2O3 NPs with nanoscale range within 10–20 nm was synthesized by a simple, low cost and eco-friendly method using indium(III) caproate complex. Indium oxide nanoparticles were formed after calcination of precursor in static air at 600°C for 3 hrs. The structural, grain size, morphological and decolorization efficiency of the synthesized NPs were characterized using the FT-IR, X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive X-ray analysis (EDX) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) analyses. It was worthy mentioned that the prepared In2O3 NPs showed a good photodegradation properties against CR and CV organic dyes during 90 min.
Łukasz P. Szwed, Ewa Tomaszewska-Ciosk and Józef Błażewicz
Malt extracts and malt concentrates have a broad range of application in food industry. Those products are obtained by methods similar to brewing worts. The possible reduction of cost can be achieved by application of malt substitutes likewise in brewing industry. As the malt concentrates for food industry do not have to fulfill strict norms for beer production it is possible to produce much cheaper products. It was proved that by means of mathematic optimization it is possible to determine the optimal share of unmalted material for cheap yet effective production of wort.
To examine the efficiency of La and Ce recycling processes from the sludge, two major methods were used, namely leaching and precipitation. The findings suggest that 12% of La and 24.2% of Ce were contained in the sludge. The sludge was leached in an optimum condition of 6N HCl at a temperature of 70°C with a 3g/50 mL solid/liquid ratio for 3 h to obtain a 100% leaching recovery of La and Ce. After pH adjustment of the obtained La and Ce optimum leaching solution to 6 with NH4OH and a simultaneous addition of H2O2 in a ratio of 1:1, Ce precipitated out with 65.9% recovery. On the other hand, La was not precipitated. The results obtained in this study reveal that leaching and pH adjustment method could be used to recover the valuable REE of La and Ce from glass polishing sludge in order to reach the goals of resource recycling.
Mohammadjavad Seghatoleslami, Hassan Feizi, Gholamreza Mousavi and Aliasghar Berahmand
residue. J. Microbiol. Antimicrob. 3(2), 23-28.
6. Farahza, K.S., Farahi, A.S. & Sharifi, A. (2002). The effect of drought stress on yield components of Cuminum cyminum. Res. Manuf. J. 54, 42-45.
7. Ucan, K., Killi, F., Gencoglan, C. & Merdun, H. (2007). Effect of irrigation frequency and amount on water use efficiency and yield of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) under field conditions. Field Crops Res. 101, 249-258. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2006.11.011
8. Turner, N.C. (2004). Agronomic option for improving rainfall