10. Byeon, S.H., Lee, B.K. & Mohan, B.R. (2012). Removal of ammonia and particulate matter using a modified turbulent wet scrubbing system. Sep. Purif. Technol. 98, 221–229. DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2012.07.014.
11. Mohan, Jain, R. & Meikap, B. (2008). Comprehensive analysis for prediction of dust removal efficiency using twin-fluid atomization in a spray scrubber. Sep. Purif. Technol. 63 (2), 269–277. DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2008.05.006.
12. Kim, H., Jung, C., Oh, S. & Lee K. (2001). Particle removal efficiency of gravitational wet scrubber
Luwei Fang, Minglei Tian, Liangwen Lin and Kyung Ho Row
-fluorothiochroman-4-one in urine. J. Chromatogr. A 1474, 23–31. DOI.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.10.076.
17. Wang, X., Lin, L., Xie, J., Yan, X., Xiao, W. & Tian, M. (2018). Adsorption efficiency of pentafluorobenzene on ionic liquids-based silicas. Pol. J. Chem. Technol. 20, 47–52. DOI: 10.2478/pjct-2018-0037.
18. Fang, L., Tian, M., Yan, X. & Xiao, W. (2018). Isolation of aflatoxin B1 from moldy foods by solid-phase extraction combined with bifunctional ionic liquid-based silicas. J. Anal. Methods Chem. 2018, 8427580. DOI: org/10.1155/2018/8427580.
Thirugnanasambandham Karchiyappan, Roberta D. Delcolle, Gustavo L. Goncalves, Daniel T. Vareschini and Marcelino L. Gimenes
In this present work, vinasse, a by-product of sugarcane industry, was examined using combined treatment methods to purify it. Electrocoagulation/flocculation, ultrafiltration were applied as pre-treatment and post-treatment, respectively. The effectiveness of combined process was evaluated based on colour, turbidity and chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal. The efficiency of electrochemical reactor was investigated according to process variables such as retention time, electrode distance and electrolyte dose. From the results, the price to treat unit vinasse is found to be 2.5 US$/m3 under optimum conditions. FT-IR analysis of sludge obtained shows the results of electrocoagulation process. Ultrafiltration as post treatment experiments showed the enhanced removal efficiency of colour (91%), turbidity (88%) and COD (85%). The results showed that electrocoagulation followed by ultrafiltration is a suitable combined technique to reduce the colour, turbidity and COD from vinasse liquid.
Łukasz P. Szwed, Ewa Tomaszewska-Ciosk and Józef Błażewicz
Malt extracts and malt concentrates have a broad range of application in food industry. Those products are obtained by methods similar to brewing worts. The possible reduction of cost can be achieved by application of malt substitutes likewise in brewing industry. As the malt concentrates for food industry do not have to fulfill strict norms for beer production it is possible to produce much cheaper products. It was proved that by means of mathematic optimization it is possible to determine the optimal share of unmalted material for cheap yet effective production of wort.
To examine the efficiency of La and Ce recycling processes from the sludge, two major methods were used, namely leaching and precipitation. The findings suggest that 12% of La and 24.2% of Ce were contained in the sludge. The sludge was leached in an optimum condition of 6N HCl at a temperature of 70°C with a 3g/50 mL solid/liquid ratio for 3 h to obtain a 100% leaching recovery of La and Ce. After pH adjustment of the obtained La and Ce optimum leaching solution to 6 with NH4OH and a simultaneous addition of H2O2 in a ratio of 1:1, Ce precipitated out with 65.9% recovery. On the other hand, La was not precipitated. The results obtained in this study reveal that leaching and pH adjustment method could be used to recover the valuable REE of La and Ce from glass polishing sludge in order to reach the goals of resource recycling.
Mohammadjavad Seghatoleslami, Hassan Feizi, Gholamreza Mousavi and Aliasghar Berahmand
residue. J. Microbiol. Antimicrob. 3(2), 23-28.
6. Farahza, K.S., Farahi, A.S. & Sharifi, A. (2002). The effect of drought stress on yield components of Cuminum cyminum. Res. Manuf. J. 54, 42-45.
7. Ucan, K., Killi, F., Gencoglan, C. & Merdun, H. (2007). Effect of irrigation frequency and amount on water use efficiency and yield of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) under field conditions. Field Crops Res. 101, 249-258. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2006.11.011
8. Turner, N.C. (2004). Agronomic option for improving rainfall
.W. Norton & Company.
4. United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division, (2013). World Population Prospects: The 2012 Revision , DVD Edition.
5. International Fertilizer Industry Association, Statistics, Market Outlooks; http://www.fertilizer.org/MarketOutlooks.html (accessed Aug 26, 2015).
6. van Cleemput, O., Zapata, F. & Vanlauwe, B. (2008). Use of tracer technology in mineral fertilizer management. In: Guide. Nitr. Managem. Agric. Syst. , Vienna: IAEA.
7. Dobermann, A. (2005). Nitrogen use efficiency - state
Andrzej Noworyta, Anna Trusek and Maciej Wajsprych
The efficiency of enzymatic depolymerization in a membrane reactor was investigated. The model analysis was performed on bovine serum albumin hydrolysis reaction led by three different enzymes, for which kinetic equations have different forms. Comparing to a classic reactor, the reaction yield turns out to be distinctly higher for all types of kinetics. The effect arises from increasing (thanks to the proper selectivity of the applied membrane) the concentration of reagents in the reaction volume. The investigations indicated the importance of membrane selectivity election, residence time and at non-competitive inhibition the substrate (biopolymer) concentration in feed stream. Presented analysis is helpful in these parameters choice for enzymatic hydrolysis of different biopolymers.