Larisa Pinte, Daniel Vasile Balaban, Cristian Băicuş and Mariana Jinga
. TAJIMA K, SHIRAKAWA J, OKUYAMA T, KYOHARA M, YAMAZAKI S, TOGASHI Y et al. Effects of metformin on compensatory pancreatic β-cell hyperplasia in mice fed a high-fat diet. Am. J. Physiol. Metab. 2017; 313 (3): E367-E380.
91. REIMER R.A., GROVER G.J., KOETZNER L., GAHLER R.J., LYON M.R., WOOD S. Combining sitagliptin/metformin with a functional fiber delays diabetes progression in Zucker rats . J. Endocrinol. 2014; 220 (3): 361-373.
92. LEBOVITZ H.E., BANERJI M.A. Insulin resistance and its treatment by thiazolidinediones. Recent Prog. Horm. Res.2001
Liudmyla G. Savchenko, Nataliia I. Digtiar, Liudmyla G. Selikhova, Elvira I. Kaidasheva, Oksana A. Shlykova, Liudmyla E. Vesnina and Igor P. Kaidashev
., Yuan M. Inflammation and the IKK beta/I kappa B/NF-kappa B axis in obesity and diet-induced insulin resistance . Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2003; 27 (Suppl 3):S49-52.
12. DEFRONZO RA., RATNER RE., HAN J., KIM DD., FINEMAN MS., BARON AD. Effects of exenatide (exendin-4) on glycemic control and weight over 30 weeks in metformin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes . Diabetes care 2005; 28 (5):1092-1100.
13. ROSENSTOCK J., BRAZG R., ANDRYUK PJ., LU K., STEIN P. Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin added to ongoing
therapies (e.g., chiropractic, massage, reflexology), mind-based interventions and spiritual medicine (e.g., prayer, hypnotherapy, yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong), biologically based therapy (e.g., diet supplement and Herbs), energy therapies (e.g., magnets, Reiki, pulsed electric field), procedures (e.g., acupuncture, colon cleansing, mineral baths, chelation, hydrotherapy), and miscellaneous (e.g., copper bracelets, snake oil, leech therapy, dimethyl sulfoxide, venoms, exercise). A few of them are based on evidence. The manuscript reviewed evidence on CAM in various rheumatic
Gastroenterological Association medical position statement: Guidelines on osteoporosis in gastrointestinal diseases . Gastroenterology. 2003; 124 (3):791–4.
13. VILPPULA A, KAUKINEN K, LUOSTARINEN L, KREKELÄ I, PATRIKAINEN H, VALVE R, et al. Clinical benefit of gluten-free diet in screen-detected older celiac disease patients . BMC Gastroenterol. 2011; 11 (1):136.
14. BIBBÒ S, PES GM, USAI-SATTA P, SALIS R, SORO S, QUARTA COLOSSO BM, et al. Chronic autoimmune disorders are increased in coeliac disease: A case-control study . Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96 (47):e
Mahmoud Arshad, Sara Jaberian, Abdolreza Pazouki, Sajedeh Riazi, Maryam Aghababa Rangraz and Somayyeh Mokhber
, BALFE A, MCMAHON C. Evaluation of serum transferring receptor assay in a centralized iron screening service . Clin Lab Haem. 2005; 27 : 190–4.
8. WISH JB. Assessing iron status: beyond serum ferritin and transferrin saturation . Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 1 (Suppl): S4–S8.
9. MENZIE CM, YANOFF LB, DENKINGER BI, et al. Obesity-related hypoferremia is not explained by differences in reported intake of heme and nonheme iron or intake of dietary factors that can affect iron absorption . J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108 :145–148.
10. YANOFF LB, MENZIE
generalized urticaria and facial angioedema around 30 minutes afterwards. Of note, he had tolerated the same type of bread before without any problems and was on an unrestricted diet previously.
Since then, he experienced similar episodes (>10 in the past 20 years) of variable severity after eating different types of foods. However, his reactions seemed to occur inconsistently and no consistent allergen was identified. He usually self-treated himself with over-the-counter anti-histamines. Most memorably, he recalled more severe reactions (generalized urticaria with wheeze
in their gut flora [ 4 ]. Feeding with breast-milk containing different milk microbiota and maternal antibodies is another way that may affect the development of their gut flora [ 4 ].
During growth, the composition of the gut microbiota are affected by individual’s lifestyle, diet, and medication use [ 4 ]. Westernized diet with high-saturated fatty acids and sucrose, and low fiber, promote epithelial inflammation and stimulate the pathogenic bacterial growth inside the gut [ 6 ]. Frequent use of the antibiotics further affects the healthy commensals growth and
Morteza Safi, Mohammad Parsa Mahjoob, Saeed Nateghi, Isa Khaheshi, Mohammad Ali Akbarzadeh and Mohammadreza Naderian
N., FROMENTIN G., et al . Metabolic evidence for adaptation to a high protein diet in rats. J Nutr. 2001; 131 (1):91-8.
12. JEREMY RW., MCCARRON H., SULLIVAN D. Effects of dietary L-arginine on atherosclerosis and endothelium-dependent vasodilatation in the hypercholesterolemic rabbit. Response according to treatment duration, anatomic site, and sex. Circulation. 1996; 94 (3):498-506.
13. SANCHEZ-GONZALEZ MA., KOUTNIK AP., RAMIREZ K., WONG A., FIGUEROA A. The effects of short term L-citrulline supplementation on wave reflection responses to