Massimo Vincenzi, Irene Del Ciondolo, Elisa Pasquini, Katia Gennai and Barbara Paolini
] so they try different exclusion diets. Recently, many different dietetic approaches have been tried for IBS treatment, but there are only few clinical trials. [ 7 - 10 ] Different exclusion diets or diets with low content of fat have been tried with controversial and inconsistent results. [ 11 , 12 ] A diet with increasing evidence of efficacy for the management of IBS is the low fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols (FODMAP) diet. [ 13 - 15 ] FODMAPs can pass unabsorbed to the colon, where they increase the luminal water
treatment of diabetes from district Attock (pakistan). Pak J Bot 41: 2777-2782, 2009.
31. Kahleova H, Hrachovinova T, Hill M, Pelikanova T. Vegetarian diet in type 2 diabetes- Improvement in quality of life, mood and eating behavior. Diabet Med 30: 127-9, 2013.
32. Wiwanitkit V. A noted for study on the prevalence of diabetes mellitus in a sample of vegetarians. Diabetol Croat 36: 11-3, 2007.
33. Kahleova H, Matoulek M, Malinska H et al. Vegetarian diet improves insulin resistance and oxidative stress markers more than
cardiovascular health. J Am Coll Cardio 51: 249-255, 2008.
5. Turpeinen O. Effect of cholesterol-lowering diet on mortality from coronary heart disease and other causes. Circulation 59: 1-7, 1979.
6. Ross R, Hudson R, Stotz PJ, Lam M. Effects of Exercise Amount and Intensity on Abdominal Obesity and Glucose Tolerance in Obese Adults: A Randomized Trial. Ann Intern Med 162: 325-334, 2015.
7. Veitch J, Abbott G, Kaczynski AT et al. Park availability and physical activity, TV time, and overweight and obesity among women: Findings
Ana B. Segarra, Isabel Prieto, Magdalena Martinez-Canamero, Jose-Ignacio Ruiz-Sanz, M. Begona Ruiz-Larrea, Marc De Gasparo, Inmaculada Banegas, Stefan Zorad and Manuel Ramirez-Sanchez
-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72, 248–254, 1976.
Chang GQ, Karatayev O, Ahsan R, Gaysinskaya V, Marwil Z, Leibowitz SF. Dietary fat stimulates endogenous enkephalin and dynorphin in the paraventricular nucleus: role of circulating triglycerides. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292, E561–E570, 2007.
Chang GQ, Karatayev O, Barson JR, Chang SY, Leibowitz SF. Increased encephalin in brain of rats prone to overconsuming a fat-rich diet. Physiol Behav 101, 360–369, 2010.
Corder G, Castro DC, Bruchas MR, Scherrer G. Endogenous and exogenous opioids in pain. Annu Rev
, Ghoneim MAM . A possible inhibitory effect of Physalis (physalis pubescens L.) on diabetes in male rats. World Appl Sci J 21(5): 681–688, 2013.
14. Sathyadevi M, Suchithra ER, Subramanian S . Physalis peruviana Linn. fruit extract improves insulin sensitivity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in high-fat diet low dose STZ-induced type 2 diabetic rats. J Pharm Res 8(4): 625–632, 2014.
15. Al-Olayan EM, El-Khadragy MF, Aref AM, Othman MS, Kassab RB, Abdel Moneim AE . The potential protective effect of physalis peruviana L. against carbon tetrachloride
Ratih Kurniasari, Muhammad Sulchan, Diana Nur Afifah, Gemala Anjani and Ninik Rustanti
, Kendall CW, Jackson CJ et al . Effects of high- and low-isoflavonee soyfoods on blood lipids, oxidized LDL, homocysteine, and blood pressure in hyperlipidemic men and women. Am J Clin Nutr 76: 365–372, 2002.
18. Mennen LI, de Courcy GP, Guilland JC et al. Homocysteine, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and habitual diet in the French supplementation with antioxidant vitamins and minerals study. Am J Clin Nutr 76: 1279–1289, 2002.
19. Jensen MK, Koh-Banerjee P, Franz M, Sampson L, Grønbæk M, Rimm EB . Whole grains, bran, and germ in relation to
intolerance: Founder mutation in a community from India. JIMD Rep 19: 85-93, 2015.
13. Gamblin SJ, Davies GJ, Grimes JM, Jackson RM, Littlechild JA, Watson HC. Activity and specificity of human aldolases. J Mol Biol 219: 573-576, 1991.
14. Cox TM. Fructose intolerance: heredity and the environment. In Genetics and Human Nutrition . Randle PJ, Bell JI, Scott J (ed). John Libbey, London, pp 81-92, 1990
15. Hamilton Health Sciences , McMaster Children’s Hospital . Your child’s diet with Dietary Fructose Intolerance (DFI). Available online at : http
cholesterol. The half-truth is the slogan “eggs can be part of a healthy diet for healthy people.”
Dietary Cholesterol and Cardiovascular Risk
There are good reasons for the longstanding recommendation [ 1 , 2 ] that patients at risk of vascular disease should reduce dietary cholesterol below 200 mg/day. The 2011 European guideline on dyslipidemia [ 3 ] recommends egg whites in place of whole eggs. In both the Ireland-Boston Diet-Heart Study [ 4 ] and the Western Electric study [ 5 ] , dietary cholesterol increased cardiovascular risk. In a British study of health
Ludovico Abenavoli, Natasa Milic, Francesco Luzza, Luigi Boccuto and Antonino De Lorenzo
treatments have been proposed for the treatment of NAFLD, but the reported results are inconclusive.[ 7 ] International recommendations indicate that the first therapeutic step for the treatment of NAFLD is to reduce the intake of total fat, saturated fatty acids, trans fatty acids and fructose, along with undergoing physical activity[ 8 ]
The profile of NAFLD patients is characterized by higher dietary energy and higher simple carbohydrate intake, as compared with the healthy controls[ 3 , 9 ] The standard care to treat NAFLD patients is focused
Ileana Teodoru, Iulian Mincu and Gabriela Radulian
1. Giovanetti S, Maggiore Q. A low-nitrogen diet with proteins of high biological value for severe chronic uraemia. Lancet 1: 1000-1003, 1964.
2. Sakaguchi T, Kobayashi S, Yano T, Yoshimoto W. How long does it take from CKD estimated GFR 10ml/min/1,73 m2 to the initiation of haemodialysis?-The comparison of diabetic nephropathy and other CKDs. Nephrol Dial Transplant 29 (Suppl.3):iii386,2014.
3. Marx S, Petrilla A, Filipovic I, Lee WC. Resource and cost burden of chronic kidney disease (CKD) stage 3