Massimo Vincenzi, Irene Del Ciondolo, Elisa Pasquini, Katia Gennai and Barbara Paolini
] so they try different exclusion diets. Recently, many different dietetic approaches have been tried for IBS treatment, but there are only few clinical trials. [ 7 - 10 ] Different exclusion diets or diets with low content of fat have been tried with controversial and inconsistent results. [ 11 , 12 ] A diet with increasing evidence of efficacy for the management of IBS is the low fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols (FODMAP) diet. [ 13 - 15 ] FODMAPs can pass unabsorbed to the colon, where they increase the luminal water
treatment of diabetes from district Attock (pakistan). Pak J Bot 41: 2777-2782, 2009.
31. Kahleova H, Hrachovinova T, Hill M, Pelikanova T. Vegetarian diet in type 2 diabetes- Improvement in quality of life, mood and eating behavior. Diabet Med 30: 127-9, 2013.
32. Wiwanitkit V. A noted for study on the prevalence of diabetes mellitus in a sample of vegetarians. Diabetol Croat 36: 11-3, 2007.
33. Kahleova H, Matoulek M, Malinska H et al. Vegetarian diet improves insulin resistance and oxidative stress markers more than
Neveen El-Soud, Manal Mohsen, Mai Joussef and Yusr Kazem
lead exposure relates to temporal changes in IQ, violent crime and unwed pregnancy. Environ Res. 2000; 83(1):1-22.
Bremner I. Cadmium toxicity: nutritional influences and the role of metallothionein. World Rev Nutr Diet. 1978;32:165-197.
Hayter J. Trace elements: implications for nursing. J Adv Nurs. 1980;5:91-101.
ASTDR (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry). Reports, 2002.
Martyn CN, Barker DJ, Osmond C, Harris EC, Edwardson JA, Lacey RF. Geographical
Ana B. Segarra, Isabel Prieto, Magdalena Martinez-Canamero, Jose-Ignacio Ruiz-Sanz, M. Begona Ruiz-Larrea, Marc De Gasparo, Inmaculada Banegas, Stefan Zorad and Manuel Ramirez-Sanchez
-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72, 248–254, 1976.
Chang GQ, Karatayev O, Ahsan R, Gaysinskaya V, Marwil Z, Leibowitz SF. Dietary fat stimulates endogenous enkephalin and dynorphin in the paraventricular nucleus: role of circulating triglycerides. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292, E561–E570, 2007.
Chang GQ, Karatayev O, Barson JR, Chang SY, Leibowitz SF. Increased encephalin in brain of rats prone to overconsuming a fat-rich diet. Physiol Behav 101, 360–369, 2010.
Corder G, Castro DC, Bruchas MR, Scherrer G. Endogenous and exogenous opioids in pain. Annu Rev
cardiovascular health. J Am Coll Cardio 51: 249-255, 2008.
5. Turpeinen O. Effect of cholesterol-lowering diet on mortality from coronary heart disease and other causes. Circulation 59: 1-7, 1979.
6. Ross R, Hudson R, Stotz PJ, Lam M. Effects of Exercise Amount and Intensity on Abdominal Obesity and Glucose Tolerance in Obese Adults: A Randomized Trial. Ann Intern Med 162: 325-334, 2015.
7. Veitch J, Abbott G, Kaczynski AT et al. Park availability and physical activity, TV time, and overweight and obesity among women: Findings
Margareta Dobrenic, Drazen Huic, Marijan Zuvic, Darko Grosev, Ratimir Petrovic and Tatjana Samardzic
Endocrinol Metab 1980; 51: 513-9.
Ladenson PW, Bravermann LE, Mazzaferi ME, Brucker-Davis F. Comparison of administration of recombinant human thyrotropin with withdrawal of thyroide hormone for radioactive scanning in patients with thyroid cancer. N Engl J Med 1997; 337: 888-96.
Park JT, Hennessey JV. Two-week low iodine diet is necessary for adequate outpatient preparation for radioiodine rhTSH scanning in patients taking levothyroxine. Thyroid 2004; 14: 57-63.
Pluijmen M, Eustatia
Victoria Ancuța Rus, Florina Ruța, Maria Sălcudean, Monica Tarcea, Costela Șerban, Călin Avram, Iustinian Simion and Theodora Benedek
European Region. Available at: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/185903/e96816.pdf .
4. World Health Organization. Global Health Observatory (GHO) data: Raised blood pressure. Available at: http://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/blood_pressure_prevalence_text/en .
5. Blumenthal JA, Babyak, MA, Hinderliter, A et al. Effects of the DASH diet alone and in combination with exercise and weight loss on blood pressure and cardiovascular biomarkers in men and women with high blood pressure: the ENCORE study. Arch Intern Med . 2010
Nayera Hassan, Safaa Zaki, Sahar El-masry, Manal Mohsen and Eman Elashmawy
. 2002;11 (3S):S524-8.
Lobstein T, Baur L, Uauy R; IASO International Obesity Task Force. Obesity in children and young people: a crisis in public health. Obes Rev. 2004;5(1S):4-104.
WHO. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser. 2003;916(i-viii):1-149.
Ebbeling CB, Pawlak DB, Ludwig DS. Childhood obesity: public-health crisis, common sense cure. Lancet. 2002; 360(9331):473-82.
National Survey for Diet, nutrition and non
, Ghoneim MAM . A possible inhibitory effect of Physalis (physalis pubescens L.) on diabetes in male rats. World Appl Sci J 21(5): 681–688, 2013.
14. Sathyadevi M, Suchithra ER, Subramanian S . Physalis peruviana Linn. fruit extract improves insulin sensitivity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in high-fat diet low dose STZ-induced type 2 diabetic rats. J Pharm Res 8(4): 625–632, 2014.
15. Al-Olayan EM, El-Khadragy MF, Aref AM, Othman MS, Kassab RB, Abdel Moneim AE . The potential protective effect of physalis peruviana L. against carbon tetrachloride
Ratih Kurniasari, Muhammad Sulchan, Diana Nur Afifah, Gemala Anjani and Ninik Rustanti
, Kendall CW, Jackson CJ et al . Effects of high- and low-isoflavonee soyfoods on blood lipids, oxidized LDL, homocysteine, and blood pressure in hyperlipidemic men and women. Am J Clin Nutr 76: 365–372, 2002.
18. Mennen LI, de Courcy GP, Guilland JC et al. Homocysteine, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and habitual diet in the French supplementation with antioxidant vitamins and minerals study. Am J Clin Nutr 76: 1279–1289, 2002.
19. Jensen MK, Koh-Banerjee P, Franz M, Sampson L, Grønbæk M, Rimm EB . Whole grains, bran, and germ in relation to