. Diabetes Educ 17: 114–118, 1991.
4. Silverstein J, Klingensmith G, Copeland K et al. Care of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a statement of the American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care 28: 186–212, 2005.
5. Jacobson AM, Hauser ST, Lavori P et al. Family environment and glycemic control: a four-year prospective study of children and adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetesmellitus. Psychosom Med 56: 401–409, 1994.
6. Miller-Johnson S, Emery RE, Marvin RS, Clarke W, Lovinger R, Martin M . Parent-child relationships and the
1. International Diabetes Federation . IDF Diabetes Atlas - 8th Edition. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation. 2017. Accessed on 9th March 2019 at http://www.diabetesatlas.org .
2. Mota M, Popa SG, Mota E et al . Prevalence of diabetesmellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes 8(3): 336-344, 2016.
3. World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis report 2018. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. 2018. Accessed on 9th March 2019 at https
Karlsen AE, Sparre T, Nielsen K, Nerup J, Pociot F. Proteome analysis - a novel approach to understand the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetesmellitus. Dis Markers 17: 205-216, 2001.
Redondo MJ, Rewers M, Yu L, Garg S, Pilcher CC, Elliott RB, Eisenbarth GS. Genetic determination of islet cell autoimmunity in monozygotic twin, dizygotic twin, and non-twin siblings of patients with type 1 diabetes: prospective twin study. BMJ 318: 698-702, 1999.
Karavanaki K, Tsoka E
Rucsandra Dănciulescu Miulescu, Marius Cristian Neamțu, Suzana Dănoiu, Mirela Culman, Diana Loreta Păun and Cătalina Poiană
therapy and the prevalence and incidence of diabetesmellitus in the multicenter AIDS cohort study. Arch Intern Med 165: 1179-1184, 2005.
6. Shen Y, Wang Z, Liu L, Zhang R, Zheng Y, Lu H. Prevalence of hyperglycemia among adults with newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS in China. BMC Infect Dis 13: 79, 2013.
7. Behrens GM, Boerner AR, Weber K et al. Impaired glucose phosphorylation and transport in skeletal muscle cause insulin resistance in HIV-1-infected patients with lipodystrophy. J Clin Invest 110: 1319-1327, 2002.
8. Shao J
1. International Diabetes Federation . IDF Diabetes Atlas -8th Edition. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation, 2017. Accessed on 8th February 2019 at http://www.diabetesatlas.org .
2. Mota M, Popa SG, Mota E et al . Prevalence of diabetesmellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes 8: 336-344, 2016.
3. World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis report 2018. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2018. Accessed on 8th February 2019 at https
Olivia Georgescu, Cătălin Nica, Silvia Crăciun, Cristina Toader, Sorin Ioacără and Simona Fica
1. Norhammar A, Schenck-Gustafsson K. Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in women. Diabetologia 56: 1-9, 2013.
2. Van Popele NM, Grobbee DE, Bots ML et al. Association between arterial stiffness and atherosclerosis: the Rotterdam Study. Stroke 32: 454- 460, 2001.
3. Djaberi R, Beishuizen ED, Pereira AM. Noninvasive cardiac imaging techniques and vascular tools for the assessment of cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetesmellitus. Diabetologia 51: 1581-1593, 2008.
Corina Marcela Hogea, Alexandra Sima, Alin Albai, Mihaela Rosu and Viorel Serban
1. Dale AC, Vatten LJ, Nilsen TI, Midthjell K, Wiseth R . Secular decline in mortality from coronary heart disease in adults with diabetesmellitus: cohort study. BMJ 337: a236, 2008.
2. Eliasson M, Tabäck M, Rosen M . Improved survival in both men and women with diabetes between 1980 and 2004 - a cohort study in Sweden. Cardiovasc Diabetol 7: 32, 2008.
3. Preis SR, Hwang SJ, Coady S et al. Trends in all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality among women and men with and without diabetes in
Gabriela Mut-Vitcu, Iuliana-Claudia Hudrea, Svetlana Moşteoru, Laura Gaiţă and Dan Gaiţă
1. Bae JP, Lage MJ, Mo D, Nelson DR, Hoogwerf BJ. Obesity and Glycemic Control in Patients With DiabetesMellitus: Analysis of Physician Electronic Health Records in the US From 2009-2011. J Diabetes Complications 30: 212-20, 2016.
2. Ganz ML, Wintfeld N, Li Q, Alas V, Langer J, Hammer M. The association of body mass index with the risk of type 2 diabetes: A case-control study nested in an electronic health records system in the United States. Diabetol Metab Syndr 6: 50, 2014.
3. Conway B, Miller RG
Alphonsus N. Onyiriuka, Abiola O. Oduwole, Elizabeth E. Oyenusi, Isaac O. Oluwayemi, Moustafa Kouyate, Olubunmi Fakaye, Chiedozie J. Achonwa and Mohammad Abdullahi
1. Brink SJ. Hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesmellitus. Diabetes Nutr Metab 12: 108-121, 1999.
2. Clarke WL, Gonder-Frederick L, Kovatchev B, Cox D. Hypoglycemia. In: Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes, Revised Edition. Brink SJ, Serban V (eds). Brumar, Timisoara, pp. 53-70, 2004.
3. Polychronakos C, Voulgaropoulos C, Punthakee Z. Diabetesmellitus. In: Pediatric Endocrinology and Inborn Errors of Metabolism. Sarafoglou K (ed). McGraw Hill Companies, Inc, New York, pp. 235
Mihaela Panduru, Nicolae Mircea Panduru and Daniela Adriana Ion
EURODIAB Substudy 2 Study Group. Decreased prevalence of atopic diseases in children with diabetes. J Pediatr 137, 470-474, 2000.
7. Olesen AB, Juul S, Birkebaek N, Thestrup-Pedersen K. Association between atopic dermatitis and insulin-dependent diabetesmellitus: a case-control study. Lancet 357, 1749-1752, 2001.
8. Meerwaldt R, Odink RJ, Landaeta R, Aarts F, Brunekreef B, Gerritsen J, Van Aalderen W M, Hoekstra MO . A lower prevalence of atopy symptoms in children with type 1 diabetesmellitus. Clin Exp Allergy 32, 254-255 (2002