The article presents the analysis of roundabouts design aspects including the location of underground and overground infrastructure. Authors also undertake an attempt to assess the existing situation with planning conditions. Many differences depended on the roundabout size, location, surroundings, natural conditions, landform technology used were noted. Roundabouts design should include both the natural arrangements and art installations, increasing the area of urban green areas in parallel using the area as a place for works of art exposure. For Zielona Góra urban area this is of particular importance because of the multitude of roundabouts and their good position in the city structure.
resolution No. XX / 110/91 of Wrocław City Council concerning dividing Wrocław into settlements
11. "Conditional studies and urban planning of Wroclaw" resolution No. LIV / 3249/06 of Wrocław City Council of 6 July 2006.
12. Ordinance No. 9 of the Minister of Land Development and Environment of 29 January 1974 on the indicators and urban guidelines for residential areas in cities.
Assia Abdelouahed, Houria Hebhoub, Leila Kherraf and Mouloud Belachia
This paper studies the use of cockle shell as supplementary cementitious materials SCMs as substitute for cement. The cockle shells generally have a high CaO content which can alter the behavior and the properties of mortars and concrete. Cockle shell is used with weight ratios of 5, 10, 15 and 20% to formulate a mortar with cockle shell and a control mortar CM with 0% of cockle shell. The properties in the fresh state, the mechanical strength and the weight loss test as well as the depth of penetration of each mixture were carried out through the conducted experiments. Consistency and density of fresh mortars were determined, the results obtained showed that cockle shell have a significant influence on the properties of mortars in the fresh state.
The different results of hardened mortars show that the introduction of cockle shell tends to accelerate the development kinetics of strength at the young age but its ratio cannot be above of 5%. Mortar with 10% presented the lower depth penetration, the loss weight increased proportionally with the increasing of cockle shell amount.
Ahmed Mohsen, Rania Farouq, Hassan A. Farag and Mostapha Salem
12. Meserole, FB, Chang, R, Carey, TR, Machac, J and Richardson, CF 1999. Modeling mercury removal by sorbent injection. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 49(6) , 694-704.
13. Flora, JR, Hargis, RA, O’Dowd, WJ, Pennline, HW and Vidic, RD 2003. Modeling sorbent injection for mercury control in baghouse filters: I— model development and sensitivity analysis. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 53(4) , 478-488.
14. Flora, JR, Hargis, RA, O’Dowd, WJ, Pennline, HW and Vidic, RD 2003. Modeling sorbent injection for mercury
52. Lee, D and Taylor, DP 2001. Viscous damper development and future trends. The Structural Design of Tall Buildings 10 , 311-320.
53. Constantinou, MC, Symans, M D, Tsopelas, P and Taylor, DP et al 1993. Fluid Viscous Dampers in Applications of Seismic Energy Disipation and Seismic Isolation. Proceedings of ATC-17-1 Seminar on Seismic Isolation, Passive Energy Dissipation, and Active Control, Applied Technology Council, San Francisco California. 2 , 581-592.
54. Niwa, N, Kobori, T, Takahashi, M, Hatada, T, Kurino, H and Tagami, J 1995. Passive
Andrzej Łączak, Anna Bazan-Krzywoszańska, Maria Mrówczyńska and Marta Skiba
1. Barbacki A.: Classification of geothermal resources in Poland by exergy analysis Comparative study , Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 16 , (2012) 123-128.
2. Bazan-Krzywoszańska A., Mrówczyńska M., Skiba M., Łączak A.: Economic conditions for the development of energy efficient civil engineering using RES in the policy of cohesion of the European Union (2014-2020). Case study: the town of Zielona Góra , Energy and Buildings 118 (2016) 170-180.
3. Brzeźińska-Rawa A., Goździewska-Biechońska J.: Recent development in the
infrastructure . Brussels.
6. Polish Ministry of Energy. Package for Clean Transport [Pakiet na Rzecz Czystego Transportu] . Warsaw.
7. Polish Ministry of Energy 2016. The national policy framework for the development of alternative fuels infrastructure [Krajowe ramy polityki rozwoju infrastruktury paliw alternatywnych] . Warsaw.
8. Polish Ministry of Energy 2016. Electromobility Development Plan in Poland [Plan Rozwoju Elektromobilności w Polsce] . Warsaw.
9. Polish Ministry of Energy 2016. The draft law on electromobility and alternative fuels
Network communication links is an indispensable element of development shaping. Any change in the way of using area should be preceded by an analysis of future impact taking into account the transport capacity. The development of buildings without adequate communication links leads to restrictions on object access, consequently it may lead to dangerous mishaps. Avoiding this type of situation is possible by carrying out sustainable development.
The paper describes the relationship between the road system and urban layout on the example of Nowogród Bobrzański part of the city. One presented existing changes in the transportation system and its impact on local residents.
Roman Jaszczak, Piotr Gołojuch, Sandra Wajchman-Świtalska and Mariusz Miotke
The implementation of goals of modern forestry requires a simultaneous consideration of sustainable development of forests, protection, needs of the environment development, as well as maintaining a balance between functions of forests. In the current multifunctional forest model, rational forest management assumes all of its tasks as equally important. Moreover, its effects are important factors in the nature and environment protection. The paper presents legal conditions related to the definitions of forest management concepts and sustainable forest management. Authors present a historical outline of human’s impact on the forest and its consequences for the environment. The selected aspects of forest management (eg. forest utilization, afforestation, tourism and recreation) and their role in the forest environment have been discussed.