Magdalena Sobczyńska, Tadeusz Blicharski and Mirosław Tyra
performance. Proc. 20th International Symposium “Animal Science Days”, 19-21.09.2012, Kranjska Gora, Slovenia, pp. 199-203.
Gill P. (2007). Nutritional management of the gilt for lifetime productivity - feeding for fitness or fatness? Proc. London Swine Conference, 3-4.04.2007, London, Ontario, pp. 83-99.
Hoge M.D., Bates R.O. (2011). Developmental factors that influence sow longevity. J. Anim. Sci., 89: 1238-1245.
Holm B., Bakken M., Klemetsdal G., Vangen O. (2004). Genetic correlations between reproduction and production
Božo Važić, Biljana Rogić, Ivan Pihler, Milanka Drinić and Nebojša Savić
The purpose of this study is to determine the morphometric characterization of Dubska Pramenka sheep and to establish a relationship between the most important body measurements of ewes and rams within the strain. The Dubska Pramenka is one of the biggest strains within the Pramenka breed. The wither heights of ewes and rams were 73.37 cm and 79.92 cm respectively, whereas the body lengths were 74.66 cm (ewes) and 80.42 cm (rams), and the rump heights were 73.72 cm (female) and 80.16 cm (male). Based on the data presented, it is evident that the Dubska Pramenka sheep has almost a square body shape with the rump height slightly greater than the wither height. The chest depth and shoulder width of ewes were 34.50 cm and 22.72 cm respectively, whereas those of males were 36.17 cm and 23.75 cm. In both sheep genders, the hip width (ewes 21.92 cm, rams 22.91 cm) was lower than the shoulder width. The chest and shin perimeters of females were 98.72 cm and 9.31 cm respectively, whereas those of males were 103.25 cm and 10.91 cm. The most significant correlation and statistical significance were recorded in relation to the measured wither and rump heights (r = 0.856 for females, r = 0.856 for males) due to their constant increase during the growth and development of sheep. Conversely, the measurements of rump heights and chest perimeters did not indicate any correlation (r = −0.028 for ewes, r = 0.004 for rams).
Bahareh Eteqadi, Navid Ghavi Hossein-Zadeh and Abdol Ahad Shadparvar
Vatankhah M., Talebi M.A. (2008). Heritability estimates and correlations between production and reproductive traits in Lori-Bakhtiari sheep in Iran. S. Afr. J. Anim. Sci., 38: 110-118.
Vatankhah M., Talebi M.A., Edriss M.A. (2008). Estimation of genetic parameters for reproductive traits in Lori-Bakhtiari sheep. Small Rumin. Res., 74: 216-220.
Magdalena Szyndler-Nędza, Robert Eckert, Mirosław Tyra, Grzegorz Żak, Karolina Szulc and Tadeusz Blicharski
., Vangen O. (2004). Genetic correlations between re-production traits in swine. J. Anim. Sci., 82: 3458–3464.
Kim M.J., Cho K.H., Jeon G.J., Kim Y.H., Park J.C., Jung H.J., Kim I.C., Kwon O.S. (2007). Study on estimation of genetic parameters for the meat production traits and the standard growth curve in the inbred line of Korean Native pigs. J. Embryo Transf., 22: 143–147.
Rohrer G.A., Brown-Brandl T., Rempel L.A., Schneider J.F., Holl J. (2013). Genetic analysis of behavior traits in swine production. Livestock Sci., 157: 28–37.
Karim Hasanpur, Mohammadreza Nassiry, Ghasem Hosseini Salekdeh, Rasul Vaez Torshizi, Abbas Pakdel and Hasan Kermanshahi
., Kebreab E., Lopez S., France J. (2003). An evaluation of different growth functions for describing the profile of live weight with time (age) in meat and egg strains of chicken. Poultry Sci., 82: 1536-1543.
Decuypere E., Hassanzadeh M., Buys N., Buyse J. (2005). Further insights into the susceptibility of broilers to ascites. Vet. J., 169: 319-320.
De Greef K.H., Janss L.L.G., Vereijken A.L.J., Pit R., Gerritsen C.L.M. (2001). Disease-induced variability of genetic correlations: Ascites in broilers as a case study. J. Anim. Sci., 79
Ioannis Sakaridis, Theofilos Papadopoulos, Evridiki Boukouvala, Loukia Ekateriniadou, Georgios Samouris and Antonios Zdragas
, Uyttendaele M: Campylobacter contamination in broiler carcasses and correlation with slaughterhouses operational hygiene inspection. Food Microbiol 2012, 29(1):105-112.
26. Mezher Z, Saccares S, Marcianò R, De Santis P, Rodas EMF, De Angelis V, Condoleo R: Occurrence of Campylobacter spp. in Poultry Meat at Retail and Processing Plants Levels in Central Italy. Italian Journal of Food Safety 2016, 5(1):5495.
27. Nobile CGA, Costantino R, Bianco A, Pileggi C, Pavia M: Prevalence and pattern of antibiotic resistance of Campylobacter spp. in poultry meat in
José-Ramiro González-Montaña, Francisco Escalera-Valente, Marta E. Alonso, Juan M. Lomillos and Vicente Gaudioso
1. Hanna PE, Bellamy JE, Donald A: Postmortem eyefluid analysis in dogs, cats and cattle as an estimate of antemortem serum chemistry profiles. Can J Vet Res 1990, 54: 487-494.
2. Drolet R, D’Allaire S, Chagnon M: The evaluation of postmortem ocular fluid analysis as a diagnostic aid in sows. J Vet Diagn Invest 1990, 2: 9-13.
3. McLaughlin BG, McLaughlin PS: Equine vitreous humor chemical concentrations: correlation with serum concentrations, and postmortem changes with time and temperature. Can J Vet Res 1988, 52: 476-480.
Budzyńska Monika, Kamieniak Jarosław, Marciniak Beata and Sołtys Leszek
1. Koenen EPC, Algridge LI, Philipsson J: An overview of breeding objectives for warmblood sport horses. Livest Prod Sci 2004, 88:77-84.
2. Budzyńska M, Kamieniak J, Krupa W, Sołtys L: Behavioral and physiological reactivity of mares and stallions evaluated in performance tests. Acta Vet (Beograd) 2014, 64(3):327-337.
3. Thorén Hellsten E, Viklund A, Koenen EPC, Ricard A, Bruns E, Philipsson J: Review of genetic parameters estimated at stallion and young horse performance tests and their correlations
-cell lymphomas. Ann Hematol 2006,85:575-581.
16. Koshino A, Goto-Koshino Y, Setoguchi A, Ohno K, Tsujimoto H: Mutation of p53 Gene and Its Correlation with the Clinical Outcome in Dogs with Lymphoma. J Vet Intern Med 2016,30:223-229.
17. Meichner K, Fogle JE, English L, Suter SE: Expression of Apoptosis-regulating Proteins Bcl-2 and Bax in Lymph Node Aspirates from Dogs with Lymphoma. J Vet Intern Med 2016,30:819-826.
18. Sohn SK, Jung JT, Kim DH, Kim JG, Kwak EK, Park T, Shin DG, Sohn KR, Lee KB: Prognostic significance of bcl-2, bax, and p53 expression in