mutation and hearing loss [ 9 ]. Distinguishing the polymorphisms and disease associated mtDNA mutations is important, both for clinical physician and genetic scientists.
In the current investigation, we evaluated the association between a recent reported mt-tRNA Gly T10003C mutation and DM. First of all, we performed a systematic database search for the frequency of this mutation; second, we also reassessed the conservation index (CI) of the T10003C mutation, and finally, we performed a case-control study to screen this mutation in 500 unrelated DM patients and 300
F Lv, G Qian, W You, H Lin, XF Wang, GS Qiu, YS Jiang, LX Pang, YM Kang, BF Jia, JZ Xu and Y Yu
, because failure to do so will inevitably lead to poor diagnosis and genetic advice.
In this study, we reassess seven reported mttRNA variants: tRNA Asp G7521A, tRNA Arg T10411C and T10463C, tRNA Leu(CUN) A12308G, tRNA Ile G4292C and C4312T, tRNA Ala T5655C, in clinical manifestation of thyroid cancer. First, we carried out database searches for the allele frequencies of these variants, and then the genotype to phenotype association of these variants. Moreover, we performed the phylogenetic conservation analysis of these variants. We further utilized the
A Todorova, V Guergueltcheva, J Genova, V Mihaylova, T Todorov, T Tchamova, B Georgieva, I Kremensky, I Tournev and V Mitev
Network, advancing diagnosis, care and treatment for people with neuromuscular diseases around the world ( http://www.treat-nmd.eu
Todorova A, Todorov T, Georgieva B, Lukova M, Guergueltcheva, V, Kremensky I, Mitev V. MLPA analysis/complete sequencing of the DMD gene in a group of Bulgarian Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy patients. Neuromuscul Disord 2008; 18(8): 667-670.
Greener MJ, Sewry CA, Muntoni F, Roberts RG. The 3'-untranslated region of the dystrophin gene - conservation and consequences of loss. Eur J
Nikola Unković, Ivica Dimkić, Slaviša Stanković, Aleksa Jelikic, Dragan Stanojević, Slađana Popović, Miloš Stupar, Jelena Vukojević and Milica Ljaljević Grbić
M. Biodegradative potential of fungal isolates from sacral ambient: In vitro study as risk assessment implication for the conservation of wall paintings. PLoS ONE 2018;13(1):e0190922. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190922
30. Martens MHJ. Climate risk assessment in museums: degradation risks determined from temperature and relative humidity data. [PhD thesis]. Eindhoven: Eindhoven University of Technology; 2012.
31. Verdier T, Coutand M, Bertron A, Roques C. A review of indoor microbial growth across building materials and sampling and
BE, Rodrigues ASL, Fischman DL, Waller RW. Status and trends of amphibian declines and extinctions worldwide. Science 2004;306:1783-6. doi: 10.1126/science.1103538
5. Beebee TJC, Griffiths RA. The amphibian decline crisis: A watershed for conservation biology? Biol Conserv 2005;125:271-85. doi: 10.1016/j.biocon.2005.04.009
6. Wyman RL. What’s happening to the amphibians. Conserv Biol 1990;4:350-2. doi: 10.1111/j.1523-1739.1990.tb00307.x
7. Edwards IR, Ferry DG, Temples WA. Fungicides and related compounds. In: Hayes
Cycle sequencing reaction kit (Applied Biosystems; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Waltham, MA, USA). The sequence data were compared with the reversed consensus Cambridge sequence to screen the mutations (GenBank Accession No. NC_012920) [ 9 ].
Characterization of lung cancer associated mt-tRNA mutations.
Conservation Index (%)
1. Halliday T. Diverse phenomena influencing amphibian population declines. In: Lannoo MJ, editor. Amphibian declines - The conservation status of United State species. Berkeley (CA): University of California Press; 2005. p. 3-6.
2. Barnum TR, Verburg P, Kilham SS, Whiles MR, Lips KR, Colon-Gaud C, Pringle CM. Use of stable isotope ratios to characterize potential shifts in the isotopic niches of grazing insects following an amphibian decline in a Neotropical stream. J Trop Ecol 2013;29:291-9. doi: 10.1017/ S026646741300028X
3. Collins JP
5. Terzic S, Senta I, Ahel M. Illicit drugs in wastewater of the city of Zagreb (Croatia) - Estimation of drug abuse in a transition country. Environ Pollut 2010;158:2686-93. doi: 10.1016/j.envpol.2010.04.020
6. Vincenti M, Salomone A, Gerace E, Pirro V. Application of mass spectrometry to hair analysis for forensic toxicological investigations. Mass Spectrom Rev 2013;32:312-32. doi: 10.1002/mas.21364
7. Pötsch L. A discourse on human hair fibers and reflections on the conservation of drug
a university hospital, the 28-day mortality of ARDS in patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) is high. It was also found that the average tidal volume and fluid balance are greater than the protective limits. Data elsewhere suggest that a conservative fluid management strategy that aims to minimize or eliminate positive fluid balance is desirable. Conservation of fluid management in adults with respiratory distress syndrome can improve cognitive outcomes and long-term neuropsychological function in survivors of acute lung injury [ 8 ].