Jindřiška Kouřilová, Jana Lososová and Andrea Dohnalová
Baker, P. J., Boitani, L., Harris, S., Saunders, G., & White, P. C. L. (2008). Terrestrial carnivores and human food production: Impact and management. Mammal Review , 38(2-3), 123-166. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2907.2008.00122.x
Boitani, L. (2003). Wolf conservation and recovery. Wolves: behavior, ecology, and conservation .
Bradley, E. H., Robinson, H. S., Bangs, E. E., Kunkel, K., Jimenez, M. D., Gude, J. A., & Grimm, T. (2015). Effects of wolf removal on livestock depredation recurrence and wolf recovery in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming
, “Decline in Relative Abundance of Bottlenose Dolphins Exposed to Long-Term Disturbance,” Conservation Biology, Vol.20, No.6 (2006), pp.1791-8.
Besio, Kathryn, Lynda Johnston and Robyn Longhurst, “Sexy Beasts and Devoted Mums: Narrating Nature through Dolphin Tourism,” Environment and Planning A: Economy and Space, Vol.40, No.5 (2008), pp.1219-34.
Blackstock, Kirsty, “A Critical Look at Community Based Tourism,” Community Development Journal, Vol.40, No.1 (2005), pp.39-49.
CEIC, “Myanmar Tourism Statistics” (n.d.), available at: https
39. Sustainable Energy for ALL. (2012). Energy Rapid Assessment and Gap Analysis - Uganda Final Draft . Kampala: Minitry of Environment and Mineral Development.
40. Raza, S.A., Shahbaz, M. and Nguyen, D.K. (2015). Energy Conservation Policies, Growth and Trade Performance: Evidence of Feedback Hypothesis in Pakistan. Energy Policy , 80, 1-10.
41. Tang, C.F. (2008). A Re-examination of the Relationship between Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth in Malaysia. Energy Policy , 36:3077-3085.
42. Tumwesigye, R., Twebaze, P
1. Abrahamse, W., Steg, L., Vlek., C., and Rothengatter, T. (2005). A review of intervention studies aimed at household energy conservation. Journal of Environment Psychology , 25, pp. 273-291.
2. Bartram, L., Rodgers, J., and Muise, K. (2010) Chasing the Megawatt: Visualization for Sustainable Living. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications , 30 (3), 8-12.
3. Bc Hydro (2008). Residential Inclining Block Application. February 2008
4. Benders, RMJ, Kok, R, Moll, HC, Wiersma, G, and Noorman, HC (2006) New approaches for
Botswana’s electricity supply is overwhelmed by the growing energy demands with the peak electric power deficits being met through imports. This study seeks to understand the key drivers of this increasing electricity demand. Using the Autoregressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) bounds testing and Error Correction Model (ECM), it examines the role played by financial development, industrialisation and urbanization in Botswana’s energy (or more specifically electricity)-growth nexus between 1981 and 2011. The findings reveal that economic growth, financial development and industrialization positively affect electricity consumption in the short-run and long-run. However, urbanization increases electricity consumption only in the long-term. These finding not only support conservation hypothesis but also imply that policy-makers should take into account the increase in electricity demand arising from financial development, urbanization and industrialisation in energy (electricity) consumption planning in the economy to avoid energy crisis. In addition, policy-makers should search and invests in renewable energy sources such as solar to increase access to cheap energy source.
Iulia Monica Dumitrescu, Nuno Crespo and Nadia Simões
Berthelon M., Freund C. (2008) On the conservation of distance in international trade, Journal of International Economics, 75(2), 310-320
Crespo N., Fontoura M. (2007) Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?, World Development, 35(3), 410-425
Crespo N., Simoes N. (2012) Competition in Tourism Arrivals – A Multidimensional Index of Geographical Structural Similarity, Tourism Analysis 13-5(1), 4-30
Head K., Mayer T. (2013) What separates us?, Sources of resistance to globalization, Canadian Journal of
1. Barbier, Edward B. 2005. “The Concept of Sustainable economic Development”. Environmental Conservation, Vol 14(02), pp: 101-110.
2. Florczak, Waldemar 2009. “Concepts of endogenous growth and of knowledge-based economies in the economics”. Lodz Scientific Society, Vol.80, pp. 215-239.
3. Jelonek, Adam.W. and, Tyszka, Krzysztof. 2001. “Concepts of social development”. Warsaw: Scholar Scientific Publisher.
4. Kronenberg, Jakub. and Bergier, Tomasz. 2010. “ Relations of economy
Sustainable Development (2015). Retrieved September 21, 2015, from http://www.iisd.org/.
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (1980). World Conservation Strategy: Living Resource Conservation for Sustainable Development. Retrieved November 7, 2015, from https://portals.iucn.org/library/efiles/documents/WCS-004.pdf.
IUCN, UNDP & WWF, International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, United Nations Environmental Programme & World Wildlife Fund (1991). Caring for the Earth. A Strategy for
and stock-dependent costs, Marine Resource Economics, 27 (1), 43-63
Mourmouras A. (1991) Competitive equilibria and sustainable growth in a life-cycle model with natural resources, Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 93 (4), 585-591
Olson L. J., Knapp K. C. (1997) Exhaustible resource allocation in an overlapping generations economy, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 32, 277-292
Olson L. J., Roy, S. (1996) On conservation of renewable resources with stock-dependent return and non-concave production, Journal of Economic Theory 70, 133