Nataliia Makieieva, Yuriy Odinets, Yuliia Vasylchenko and Maryna Biriukova
in asthma and allergic diseases. World Allergy Organization Journal 2016;9: 1–15.
Metcalfe DD Pawankar R Ackerman SJ Akin C Clayton F Falcone FH et al Biomarkers of the involvement of mast cells, basophils and eosinophils in asthma and allergic diseases World Allergy Organization Journal 2016 9 1 15
7 Suruki RY, Boudiaf N, Ortega HG. Retrospective cohort analysis of healthcare claims in the United States characterising asthma exacerbations in paediatric patients. World Allergy Organization Journal 2016;9: 1–9.
= vertebral sympathetic ganglion
The exact location of CTG/SG had been studied in detail on cadavers 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 6 , 7 to find reliable anatomic landmarks for the needs of their therapeutic block or ablation to relieve pain, in different diseases including cardio-vascular and post-traumatic stress disorder 8 , 9 , 10 or to assist avoiding their iatrogenic damage during surgery.
For a long time CTG/SG were not possible to be detected on any imaging because of their relatively small size. The first imaging study claims to be the magnetic resonance (MR) one
cytokines, tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFα) and interleukins, patients claim weight loss, asthenia and exercise dyspnoea. Thus, inclusion of patients with TB in PR programmes is indicated due to high degree of physical and mental deconditioning. The medical recovery of these patients is complex, aiming to reach the maximum level of independence and community reintegration after hospital discharge.
Typically, prolonged bed rest and avoidance of the exercise are recommended for patients in the active phase of TB. Although avoidance of intense exercise may be
Igor Spiroski, Dragan Gjorgjev, Jasna Milosevic, Vladimir Kendrovski, Daniela Naunova-Spiroska and Dominique Barjolle
. Eur Heart J. 2012; 33(4):538-45.
4. Hu FB. Do functional foods have a role in the prevention of cardiovascular disease? Circulation. 2011; 124(5):538-40.
5. Jones B. Prepared Foods Exclusive: No Functional Fad. http://www.preparedfoods.com/articles/prepared-foodsexclusive-no-functional-fad. Accessed September 6, 2010.
6. Binns N, Howlett J. Functional foods in Europe - international developments in science and health claims. Brussels: ILSI, 2008.
7. Korzen-Bohr S, O'Doherty Jensen K. Heart disease among
M. Koray, I. Ozcan, B. Alkan, O. Kesmez and H. Tanyeri
Objective: The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcome of immediate postextraction implant placement. Immediate placement of dental implants have been claimed of the potential advantages such as reductions in the number of surgical interventions, a shorter treatment time, an ideal 3-dimensional implant positioning, the presumptive preservation of alveolar bone at the site of the tooth extraction and soft tissue aesthetics.
Method: In this case series we reported to extract 15 teeth in 12 patients (8 males; 4 females, mean age: 46.08 years) and replace the teeth with implants immediately.
Results: There were no signs of inflammation or infection and none of the patients had complaints subsequently. All implants were osseointegrated at the time of abutment connection. Postoperative healing was uneventful in all of the patients. No complications were observed.
Conclusion: Within the limits of the present study, immediate implant placement was a predictable treatment.
of TRA has lagged overall and now is estimated at 30% of all diagnostic and PCI procedures performed. [ 11 ]
Medical malpractice litigation cases constitute an important aspect of physician daily practice with their incidence correlating to the frequency of procedures. Characteristics of medical professional liability claims in the field of cardiac catheterization have been previously described, offering invaluable advice to practicing physicians and subsequently improved patient care. [ 12 ] As TRA completely obviates the possibility of access
Marie-Christine Shakib, Shreef Gabrial and Gamal Gabrial
69. Chang CH, Kusama M, Ono S, et al. Assessment of statinassociated muscle toxicity in Japan: a cohort study conducted using claims database and laboratory information. BMJ Open. 2013; 3(4): 1-9.
70. Barakat L, Jayyousi A, Bener A, Zuby B, Zirie M. Comparison of Efficacy and Safety of Rosuvastatin, Atorvastatin and Pravastatin among Dyslipidemic Diabetic Patients. ISRN Pharmacology. 2013; 2013:1-7.
71. Athyros VG, Mikhailidis DP, Liberopoulos EN. et al. Effect of statin treatment on renal function and serum
49. Rupnik M, Wilcox MH. and Gerding DN. Clostridium difficile infection: new developments in epidemiology and pathogenesis. Nature. 2009;7:526-36.
50. Yaeger, M, Funk, N, Hoffman, L. A survey of agents associated with neonatal diarrhea in Iowa swine including Clostridium difficile and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2002;14:281-87.
51. Neutkens D. New Clostridium Claiming Baby Pigs. National Hog Farmer Magazine, 2001:15.
52. Weese JS, Wakeford R, Reid-Smith R, Rousseau J
Wei-Wei Zhang, Qing Wang, Xiang-Jun Xie and Jun-Li Si
We report a case of a 78-year-old male was admitted for 2 years of blood CA19-9 >1000 kU/L found at physical examination. Abdominal computed tomography, barium meal and gastrointestinal endoscopy did not find any malignancy. Position emission tomography indicated interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) (severe) accompanied with reactive hyperplasia of mediastinal lymph node and bilateral pleural thickening. The patient also claimed to have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for more than 40 years. Then final diagnosis was RA with IPF. The patient’s blood CA19-9 was improved after 5-day treatment of hormone inhalation.
Ebada Said, Waleed El Agawy, Rehab Ahmed, Mohamed Hassany, Amal Ahmed, Hanan Fouad and Hosam Baiumy
Background and Objectives
According to the demographic health survey conducted in 2015, Egypt had 10% documented prevalence of anti-HBc positive patients aged 1-59 and 1% viremic patients amongst the population in the same age group, with a domination of genotype D. Several studies claimed the possible role of vitamin D deficiency in hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication and disease progression.
Patients and Methods
Serum vitamin D levels [25(OH D3] were assessed in 96 HBeAg negative non-cirrhotic chronic HBV patients and 25 healthy subjects classified as following: Group I: 48 chronic HBV patients with persistently normal ALT levels and HBV DNA level < 2000 IU/mL for ≥ 6 months; Group II: 48 chronic HBV patients with CHB with persistently elevated ALT and HBV DNA level ≥ 2000 IU/mL for ≥ 6 months; and Group III: 25 apparently healthy subjects with normal liver enzymes and negative hepatitis viral markers were taken as the control group.
Vitamin D was much more deficient in group II than in group I and group III being 11.55 ± 3.97 ng/mL, 15.03 ± 3.45, 27.00 ± 6.76 ng/mL (P < 0.001), respectively, and a strong negative correlation was observed between vitamin D levels and HBV DNA levels (P = 0.043) in groups I and II.
The current study showed high HBV DNA replication in patients with vitamin D deficiency suggesting the antimicrobial immunomodulatory role of vitamin D.