Population of Indonesian around 265,015,300 people, so they need a huge amount of food. Rice is the most important food staple, but it is still imported around 500,000 t to stabilize the price in Indonesia. However, the country’s import of wheat is approximately >10,000,000 t. Hunger reduction and poverty eradication are the top priorities under SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Production of food based on cereals and grains was inert. Thus to meet the global claims root-crops, particularly cassava, has the potential to be explored. Cassava originated from tropical Latin America; it was distributed to Asia and Africa after Columbus discovered America in the 15th century. Early distribution of cassava was only across the longitude, recently its distribution is athwart the latitude. Literature review as well as arena reflection were used to gather information to meet the methodology in this research. Increasing productivity to meet the demand of food, feed, and other industrial needs with prosperous communities is considered an endless charity which requires a solid global cooperation. Price fluctuation was a factor affecting cassava progress; however, it was neglected by the government.
Meinarda Keinsa kritika Jana Tinbergena pētījumiem šodienas skatījumā (John Maynard Keyne’s objections to the Jan Tinbergen’s research from the nowadays view). Sabiedrība un kultūra . Rakstu krājums, XVII / Sastād. Arturs Medveckis. Liepāja: LiePA, pp. 226–235 (in Latvian).
8. Keynes, J. M. (1939). Professor Tinbergen’s Method. The Economic Journal , 49 (195), pp. 558–568.
9. Keynes, J. M. (1940). Comment. The Economic Journal , 50 (197), pp. 154–156.
10. Syll, L. P. (2012, April). Randomization, experiments and claims of causality in economics
claims made on foods, 20/12/2006, Official Journal of the European Union, L 404/09.
8. European Union, Commission Regulation (EU) No 432/2012. Establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods, other than those referring to the reduction of disease risk and to children’s development and health. 25/05/2012 Official Journal of the European Union. L 136/1-40.
9. FAO/WHO Expert Consultation on Fats and Fatty Acids in Human Nutrition, Interim Summary of Conclusions and Dietary Recommendations on Total Fat & Fatty Acids 10
). Tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals. Retrieved December 8, 2015, from http://www.efsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/efsarep/blobserver_assets/ndatolerableuil.pdf.
4. European Food Safety Authority (2012). Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to cocoa flavonols and maintenance of normal endothelium-dependent vasodilatation pursuant to Article 13(5) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. Retrieved December 8, 2015, from http://www.acticoa.com/uploads/EFSA_opinion.pdf.
5. Erickson, M.C. (2002
Michaela Havrlentová, Zuzana Petruláková, Alena Burgárová, Soňa Gavurníková, Viera Červená, Ernest Šturdík, Ján Kraic and Alžbeta Žofajová
5. Cui S.W., Wang Q., Cell wall polysaccharides in cereals: chemical structure and functional properties. Struct. Chem., 2009, 20, 291-297.
6. Dongowski G., Drzikova B., Senge B., Blochwitz R., Gebhardt E., Habel A., Rheological behaviour of β-glucan preparations from oat products. Food Chem., 2005, 93, 279-291.
7. EFSA, Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to oat beta-glucan and lowering blood cholesterol and reduced risk of coronary heart disease pursuant to Article 14 of
A. Lauková, V. Strompfová, R. Szabóová, A. Slottová, M. Tomáška, V. Kmeť and M. Kološta
characterization of bacteriocins produced by environmental strain Enterococcus faecium EK13. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 94, 523–530. doi: 10.1007/S12602.
Piskoríková M (2010): Quality and characterization of existing and new probiotics (EFSA QPS). In: Proc. Regulatory Framework Workshop Health Claim Approval of Probiotics in the European Union. Issues, Barriers, Success Drivers. Košice, Slovak Republic. p.18.
Pogány Simonová M, Lauková A, Žitňan R, Chrastinová Ľ (2015): Effect of rabbit- origin enterocin-producing probiotic strain Enterococcus faecium CCM
44. Urala N., Lahteenmaki L., Attitudes behind consumers’ willingness to use functional foods. Food Qual. Pref., 2004, 15, 793-803.
45. Van Kleef E., Van Trijp H.C.M., Luning P., Functional foods: health claim - food product compatibility and the impact of health claim framing on consumer evaluation. Appetite, 2005, 44, 299-308.
46. Vassallo M., Saba A., Arvola A., Dean M., Messina F., Winkelmann M., Claupen E., Lähteenmäki L., Shepherd R., Willingness to use functional breads. Applying the Health Belief Model across four European
Ali Haimoud-Lekal D, Lescoat P, Bayourthe C, Moncoulon R (1999): Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Aspergillus oryzae seffects on zootechnics performance of dairy cows: bibliographic study. In: 6 th Rencontres Recherches Ruminants, Paris, 157. (in French)
AOAC (1984): Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International. 14th Ed. AOAC International, Washington, USA.
Arvanitoyannis IS, Van Houwelingen-Koukaliaroglou M (2005): Functional foods: a survey of health claims, pros and cons, and current
Algirdas Liutkevičius, Vilma Speičienė, Lina Vaičiulytė-Funk, Aldona Mieželienė, Gitana Alenčikienė, Algis Abaravičius, Loreta Bagdonaitė, Valerija Jablonskienė and Arvydas Kaminskas
status and antioxidant defense system in healthy young men at rest but do not ameliorate oxidative stress induced by 80% VO2pk exercise. Ann. Nutr. Metab., 2005, 49, 33–41.
7. Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2073/2005 of 15 November 2005 on microbiological criteria for foodstuffs.
8. EFSA Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to isolated soy protein and reduction of blood LDL-cholesterol concentrations pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, 2012, 10(2):2555, p. 17.
9. Gibson G.R., Dietary
for nutrition labeling and health claim: an update of nutrient profiling in the European Union and US. Nutr. Today, 2007, 42, 206-214.
7. Drewnowski A., Defining nutrient density: development and validation of the nutrient rich foods index. J. Am. Coll. Nutr., 2009, 28, 421.
8. Drewnowski A., Fulgoni V.L., Nutrient profiling of foods: creating a nutrient-rich food index. Nutr. Rev., 2008, 66, 23-39.
9. Drewnowski A., Maillot M., Darmon N., Testing nutrient profile models in relation to energy density and energy cost