Theodora Benedek, Monica Marton Popovici and Dietmar Glogar
, et al. Favourable survival of in-hospital compared to out-of-hospital refractory cardiac arrest patients treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: an Italian tertiary care centre experience. Resuscitation. 2012;83:579-83. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2011.10.013.
6. Dworschak M. Is extracorporeal cardiopulmonaryresuscitation for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest superior compared with conventional resuscitation? Crit Care Med. 2013;41:1365-6. doi: 10.1097/CCM.0b013e31828044c0.
7. Le Guen M, Nicolas-Robin A, Carreira S, et al. Extracorporeal life
A satisfactory neurologic outcome is the key factor for survival in patients with sudden cardiac death (SCD), however this is highly dependent on the haemodynamic status. Short term cardiopulmonary resuscitation and regained consciousness on the return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) is indicative of a better prognosis. The evaluation and treatment of SCD triggering factors and of underlying acute and chronic diseases will facilitate prevention and lower the risk of cardiac arrest. Long term CPR and a prolonged unconscious status after ROSC, in the Intensive Care Units or Coronary Care Units, indicates the need for specific treatment and supportive therapy including efforts to prevent hyperthermia. The prognosis of these patients is unpredictable within the first seventy two hours, due to unknown responses to therapeutic management and the lack of specific prognostic factors. Patients in these circumstances require the highest level of intensive care and aetiology driven treatment without any delay, independently of their coma state. Current guidelines sugest the use of multiple procedures in arriving at a diagnosis and prognosis of these critical cases.
: Bryant CD, ed.: Handbook of death and dying. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc, 2003; pp. 284-92.
12. Bael NA. Cardiopulmonaryresuscitation on television. Exaggeration and accusation. N Engl J Med. 1996;334:1604-5.
13. Diem SJ, Lantos JD, Tulsky JA. Cardiopulmonaryresuscitation on television. Miracles and misinformation. N Engl J Med. 1996;334:1578-82.
14. Paris JJ, Cummings BM, Moore MP Jr. “Brain death,” “dead,” and parental denial - the case of Jahi McMath. Camb Q. Healthc Ethics. 2014
Maria Livia Ognean, Silvia-Maria Stoicescu, Oana Boantă, Leonard Năstase, Carmen Gliga and Manuela Cucerea
resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CardiopulmonaryResuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation 2010;122:S909–19.
13. Sweet DG, Carnielli V, Greisen G, et al. European Association of Perinatal Medicine: European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants - 2010 update. Neonatology 2010;97:402–17.
14. Sweet DG, Carnielli V, Greisen G, et al. European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants - 2013 update
Raluca M. Tat, Adela Golea, Ştefan C. Vesa and Daniela Ionescu
. Brain biomarkers and management of uncertainty in predicting outcome of cardiopulmonaryresuscitation: a nomogram paints a thousand words. Resuscitation. 2013;84(8):1083-8. 23391666 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2013.01.031
Einav S Kaufman N Algur N Strauss-Liviatan N Kark JD Brain biomarkers and management of uncertainty in predicting outcome of cardiopulmonaryresuscitation: a nomogram paints a thousand words Resuscitation 2013 84 8 1083 – 8
3 Nolan JP, Soar J, Cariou A, et al. European Resuscitation Council and European Society of Intensive
Alina Mărginean, Claudia Bănescu, Alina Scridon and Minodora Dobreanu
64. Součková L, Opatřilová R, Suk P, et al. Impaired bioavailability and anti-platelet effect of high-dose clopidogrel in patients after cardiopulmonaryresuscitation (CPR). Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2013;69:309-17.
65. Ogu CC, Maxa JL. Drug interactions due to cytochrome P450. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2000;13:421-3.
66. Pascoe MC, Howells DW, Crewther DP, et al. Fish oil diet associated with acute reperfusion related hemorrhage, and with reduced stroke-related sickness behaviors and motor impairment. Front Neurol. 2014