Shahinul Alam, Mohammad Jahid Hasan, Md. Abdullah Saeed Khan, Mahabubul Alam and Nazmul Hasan
Hardy T Anstee QM Day CP Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: New treatments Curr Opin Gastroenterol 2015 31 175 83
24 Hadi HE, Vettor R, Rossato M. Vitamin E as a Treatment for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Reality or Myth? Antioxidants 2018;7:12. 10.3390/antiox7010012
Hadi HE Vettor R Rossato M Vitamin E as a Treatment for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Reality or Myth? Antioxidants 2018 7 12
25 Sanyal AJ, Chalasani N, Kowdley KV, McCullough A, Diehl AM, Bass NM, et al. Pioglitazone, Vitamin E, or
Ludovico Abenavoli, Natasa Milic, Francesco Luzza, Luigi Boccuto and Antonino De Lorenzo
protective effects are related to the high concentration of antioxidants in compounds of this diet. Since the 1950s, Ancel Keys and his co-workers have been studying the Mediterranean diet effects on health, and they found that Greek people, especially belonging to the island of Crete, had the longest life expectancy in the world until the 1960s, followed by the people of Southern Italy, Spain and France.[ 16 ] These data were confirmed by subsequent studies on the elderly population in Greece and other European Countries, and showed that the Mediterranean dietary pattern
strategies to manage the patients with CKD.
Green tea, originally cultivated in China, is considered as one of the healthiest beverages in the world. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), the major catechin of green tea extract, is known as a powerful antioxidant and reactive oxygen species scavenger [ 5 , 6 ] (chemical structure, Figure 1A ). During the past decade, the health-promoting effects of EGCG have been intensively investigated. It is shown to inhibit leukocyte chemotaxis, quench free radicals, chelate transition metals, and interrupt lipid peroxidation
An Verdoodt, Patrick M. Honore, Rita Jacobs, Elisabeth De Waele, Viola Van Gorp, Jouke De Regt and Herbert D. Spapen
dose-dependent beneficial effect on plasma cholesterol concentrations, and a comparable range and severity of adverse events. Atorvastatin and rosuvastatin are drugs with high cholesterol-lowering efficacy as compared with lovastatin, simvastatin, pravastatin, and fluvastatin, which have less cholesterol-lowering potency.
Apart from an intrinsic cholesterol-lowering effect, statins also exhibit anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and plaque-stabilizing capacities that act in concert to prevent other than cardiovascular damage.[ 1 , 2 ] In particular, statins may affect
presumed airway obstruction: the DIDASCO2 study. Prim Care Respir J 2009; 18:34-40.
6. Hogg JC, Chu F, Utokaparch S, Woods R, Elliott WM, Buzatu L, et al . The nature of small-airway obstruction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N Engl J Med 2004; 350: 2645-53.
7. Malhotra D, Thimmulappa R, Navas-Acien A, Sandford A, Elliott M, Singh A, et al . Expression of concern: decline in NRF2-regulated anti-oxidants in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease lungs due to loss of its positive regulator, DJ-1. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008; 178: 592-604.
Morteza Qaribi, Ali Abdolrazaghnejad, Reza Shahmirzaei and Abdolghader Pakniyat
20. Sezgin G, Ozturk G, Guney S, et al. Protective effect of melatonin and 1, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 on renal ischemiareperfusion injury in rats. Renal failure 2012; 35(3): 374-379.
21. Hara M, Yoshida M, Nishijima H, et al. Melatonin, a pineal secretory product with antioxidant properties, protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Journal of pineal research 2001; 30(3): 129-138.
22. Nasri H, Tavakoli M, Ahmadi A, et al. Ameliorative effect of melatonin against contrast media induced renal tubular cell injury
Shahinul Alam, SKM Nazmul Hasan, Golam Mustafa, Mahabubul Alam, Mohammad Kamal and Nooruddin Ahmad
steatohepatitis induced by the methionine choline deficient diet J Hepatol 2004 41 592 8
11 Bhat VB, Madyastha KM. Antioxidant and radical scavenging properties of 8-oxo derivatives of xanthine drugs pentoxifylline and lisofylline. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2001;288:1212-7. 10.1006/bbrc.2001.5922 Bhat VB Madyastha KM. Antioxidant and radical scavenging properties of 8-oxo derivatives of xanthine drugs pentoxifylline and lisofylline Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2001 288 1212 7
12 Radfar M, Larijani B, Hadjibabaie M, Rajabipour B, Mojtahedi A, Abdollahi M