Mina Ebrahimi-Rad, Shohreh Khatami, Shahla Ansari, Shohreh Jalylfar, Shirin Valadbeigi and Reza Saghiri
. Pui CH, Relling MV, Downing JR. Acutelymphoblasticleukemia. The New England Journal of Medicine 2004; 350: 1535–48.
5. Pui CH, Robison LL, Look AT. Acutelymphoblasticleukaemia. Lancet 2008; 371: 1030–43.
6. Collinson P. Laboratory Medicine is faced with the evolution of medical practice. J Med Biochem 2017; 36: 211–5.
7. Skarar DN, Hossain I, Shoab AKM, Amin R. Adenosine Deaminase (ADA) in Tuberculous Meningitis. Bangladesh J Medicine 2014; 25: 61–71.
8. Mishra SK, Sah JP, Awasthi G, Sharma R. Adenosine Deaminase activity in Plasma of
Goran Milosevic, Nikola Kotur, Nada Krstovski, Jelena Lazic, Branka Zukic, Biljana Stankovic, Dragana Janic, Theodora Katsila, George P. Patrinos, Sonja Pavlovic and Lidija Dokmanovic
1. Pui C, Mullighan CG, Evans WE, Relling MV. Pediatric acutelymphoblasticleukemia: where are we going and how do we get there? Blood 2012; 120(6): 1-3.
2. Kim H, Kang HJ, Kim HJ, Jang MK, Kim NH, Oh Y, et al. Pharmacogenetic Analysis of Pediatric Patients with AcuteLymphoblasticLeukemia: A Possible Association between Survival Rate and ITPA Polymorphism. PLoS One 2012; 7(9): 1-10.
3. Paugh SW, Stocco G, Evans WE. Pharmacogenomics in pediatric leukemia. Curr Opin Pediatr 2010; 22: 703
Letiția Elena Radu, Andra Beldiman, Ioana Ghiorghiu, Alina Oprescu, Constantin Arion and Anca Coliță
The international standard protocol for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL), the most common haemato-oncological pathology at paediatric age, uses anthracyclines as antitumor agents, potentially associated with early or late onset cardiac damage. Currently, echocardiography is the gold standard in the diagnosis of cardiotoxicity, but several biomarkers are evaluated as a possible replacement, pending more extensive clinical studies. We started a prospective study in order to determine the role of two biomarkers, troponin and heart-type fatty acid binding protein, in the evaluation of cardiotoxicity in children over one year of age, diagnosed with ALL. Between February 2015 and April 2016, 20 patients were enrolled and monitored at diagnosis, during chemotherapy and four months after the end of reinduction, through cardiac evaluation and dosing of those two markers in five different points of the treatment protocol. During the first year of follow-up, the patients did not develop clinical signs of cardiac damage, but the study showed a slight increase in troponin levels during chemotherapy, with the return to baseline value after treatment cessation, and also a correlation with the total dose of anthracyclines given to the patient. On the other hand, the second biomarker, heart-type fatty acid binding protein, did not seem to be useful in detecting subclinical cardiac damage in these patients.
Vladimir Gasic, Biljana Stankovic, Branka Zukic, Dragana Janic, Lidija Dokmanovic, Nada Krstovski, Jelena Lazic, Goran Milosevic, Marianna Lucafò, Gabriele Stocco, Giuliana Decorti, Sonja Pavlovic and Nikola Kotur
Among pediatric malignancies, acutelymphoblasticleukemia (ALL) is the most common hematological and overall malignancy, contributing to 30% of diagnosed cancers and around 80% of all pediatric leukemias. Pediatric ALL is a malignancy with one of the highest cure rates, achieved by treating the patients with the internationally recognised treatment protocols like the Berlin-Frankfurt-Munster (BFM) protocol ( 1 , 2 , 3 ). Risk stratification of ALL is para mount in choosing the effective treatment strategy. Hence, risk stratification is already
Laurenţiu Lucaci, Ștefana Maria Moisă, Marin Burlea and Lucian Miron
. Long-term results of NOPHO ALL-92 and ALL-2000 studies of childhood acutelymphoblasticleukemia. Leukemia. 2010;24(2):345-54. DOI: 10.1038/leu.2009.251
12. Mitchell C, Richards S, Harrison CJ, Eden T. Long-term follow-up of the United Kingdom medical research council protocols for childhood acutelymphoblasticleukaemia, 1980-2001. Leukemia. 2010;24(2):406-18. DOI: 10.1038/leu.2009.256
13. Evans WE, Relling MV, Rodman JH, Crom WR, Boyett JM, Pui CH. Conventional compared with individualized chemotherapy for childhood acute
Patrycja Sujka-Kordowska, Agnieszka Malińska and Maciej Zabel
and myelodysplastic syndromes. Blood 2000; 96(6): 2240-2245.
 AVRAMIS IA, PANOSYAN EH, DOREY F, HOLCENBERG JS, AVRAMIS VI. Children's Oncology Group., Correlation between high vascular endothelial growth factor-A serum levels and treatment outcome in patients with standard-risk acutelymphoblasticleukemia: a report from Children's Oncology Group Study CCG-1962. Clin Cancer Res 2006; 12(23): 6978-6984.
 BACHELDER RE, CRAGO A, CHUNG J, WENDT MA, SHAW LM, ROBINSON G, MERCURIO AM. Vascular endothelial growth factor is an autocrine
Walker RW, Allen JC, Rosen G, Caparros B. Transient cerebral dysfunction secondary to high-dose methotrexate. J Clin Oncol 1986; 4: 1845-50.
García-Tena J, López-Andreu JA, Ferrís J, Menor F, Mulas F, Millet E, et al. Intrathecal chemotherapy-related myeloencephalopathy in a young child with acutelymphoblasticleukemia. Pediatr Hematol Oncol 1995; 12: 377-85.
Oka M, Terae S, Kobayashi R, Sawamura Y, Kudoh K, Tha KK, et al. MRI in methotrexate
Iuliu C. Ivanov, Daniela Jitam, Georgiana E. Grigore, Mihaela Zlei, Anca V. Ivanov, Silvia Dumitraş, Eugen Carasevici and Ingritli C. Miron
1. De Braekeleer E, Douet-Guilbert N, Le Bris MJ, Basinko A, Morel F, De Braekeleer M. Gene expression profiling of adult t(4;11)(q21;q23)-associated acutelymphoblasticleukemia reveals a different signature from pediatric cases. Anticancer Res. 2012 Sep;32(9):3893-9
2. De Braekeleer M, Morel F, Le Bris MJ, Herry A, Douet-Guilbert N. The MLL gene and translocations involving chromosomal band 11q23 in acute leukemia. Anticancer Res. 2005 May-Jun;25(3B):1931-44
3. Drexler HG, Quentmeier H