: 174-182, 2012.
17. Vladescu C, Scintee G, Olsavszky V, Allin S, Mladovsky P. Romania: Health system review. Health Systems in Transition 10: 1-172, 2008.
18. Erhmann D, Kultzer B, Haak T, Hermanns N. Longitudinal relationship of diabetes-related distress and depressive symptoms: analysing incidence and persistence. Diabet Med 32: 1264-1271, 2015.
19. Gonzales JS, Delahanty LM, Safren SA, Meigs JB, Grant RW. Differentiating symptoms of depression from diabetes-specific distress: relationship with self-care in type 2
Cătălina Iamandi-Cioinaru, Bogdan Corad, Monica Marin, Andreea Trocea, Anca Colda, Emilia Rusu and Gabriela Radulian
1. International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas. 7th ed. International Diabetes Federation, Brussels, Belgium, 2015. https://www.idf.org/our-network/regions-members/europe/members/154-romania.html
2. World Health Organization. Global Report on Diabetes. 2016. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/204871/1/9789241565257_eng.pdf
3. Moța M, Popa SG, Moța E et al. Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes 8: 336-344, 2016.
4. Moța M, Dinu IR. The
Background and Aims Diabetes mellitus (DM) represents a worldwide health problem and a major epidemic during the past decades. The exact number of people with diabetes in Romania is unknown. The aim of this paper was to determine the number of subjects registered with diabetes in Romania. Material and Method: The Romanian Society of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases (RSDNMD) asked the representatives in charge with DM in each county about the total number of subjects registered with DM, the number of subjects with newly diagnosed DM in 2011 and their treatment (insulin or oral drugs). Results: There are 803,489 persons registered with DM, with a national prevalence of 4.21%. The lowest prevalence was observed in Ilfov (0.9%) and the highest prevalence (7.83%) in Bucharest. A total of 125,574 diabetics (15.62%) are treated only with insulin while 81,910 (10.19%) with combined insulin and oral medication. In 2011 have been registered 68.294 new cases of diabetes, with an incidence of 358.63/100,000 persons. The lowest incidence was 91.15 in Giurgiu county and the highest incidence was 718.94 in Arad county. Conclusions: There are large and unexplained differences between counties for both diabetes prevalence and incidence. Consequently, RSDNMD decided to start a national epidemiological study (PREDATORR) that will be carried out in 2013.
for the management of arterial hypertension. Eur Heart J , 2018.
7. Kearney PM, Whelton M, Reynolds K, Muntner P, Whelton PK, He J . Global burden of hypertension: analysis of worldwide data. Lancet 365(9455): 217-223, 2005.
8. Chow CK, Teo KK, Rangarajan S et al . Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in rural and urban communities in high-, middle-, and low-income countries. JAMA 310(9): 959-968, 2013.
9. Rosu M . Cardiovascular Risk Assessment in the Adult (Aged 40-79 Years) Romanian Population. Acta Endocrinol
Cristian Serafinceanu, Viviana Elian, Doina Catrinoiu, Cristian Guja, Bogdan Mihai, Maria Mota, Gabriela Roman and Romulus Timar
1. International Diabetes Federation. The Global Picture in IDF Diabetes Atlas Eight Edition 2017; 40:65, 2017
2. Roman G, Bala C, Creteanu G et al. Obesity and health-related lifestyle factors in the general population in Romania: a cross sectional study. Acta Endocrinologica (Buc) 11(1): 64-71, 2015.
3. Mota M, Popa SG, Mota E et al. Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes 8(3):336-44, 2016.
4. KDIGO 2012 Clinical
with the doubly labeled water, urinary nitrogen, and repeated 24-h dietary recall methods. Am J Clin Nutr 70(4): 439-447, 1999.
6. Subar AF, Kipnis V, Troiano RP et al . Using intake biomarkers to evaluate the extent of dietary misreporting in a large sample of adults: the OPEN study. Am J Epidemiol 158(1): 1-13, 2003.
7. Gherasim A, Arhire LI, Nita O, et al . Can the EPIC food frequency questionnaire be applied to the population in Romania? Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 119: 856-863, 2015.
8. Roman G, Bala C, Creteanu G et al . Obesity and
Georgiana Enache, Emilia Rusu, Alexandra Ilinca, Florin Rusu, Adrian Costache and Gabriela Radulian
, Buckingham, pp. 24-42, 2004.
4. Center for Documentation and Information on Minorities in Europe-Southeast Europe (CEDIME-SE) . Minorities in Southeast Europe. Roma of Romania. 2001. Available at http://www.edrc.ro/resurse/rapoarte/Roma_of_Romania.pdf
5. Robertson A, Lobstein T, Knai C . Obesity and socio-economic groups in Europe: Evidence review and implications for action. 2007. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_determinants/life_style/nutrition/documents/ev20081028_rep_en.pdf , accessed 4 December 2013.
6. Babinska I, Veselska ZD, Bobakova
3. World Health Organization. Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2014. Attaining the nine global noncommunicable diseases targets; a shared responsibility. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2014.Accessed in September 2015 at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/148114/1/9789241564854_eng.pdf?ua=1.
4. Roman G, Bala C, Creteanu G, et al. Obesity and Health-Related Lifestyle Factors in the General Population in Romania: a Cross Sectional Study. Acta Endo (Buc) 11: 64-72, 2015.
5. Moța M
1. Ionescu-Tîrgovişte C. Diabetul în România. Editura Briliant, Bucharest, 2001.
2. Ionescu-Tîrgovişte C. Istoricul diabetului zaharat. In: Ionescu-Tîrgovişte C (Ed). Tratat de Diabet Paulescu , Editura Academiei Române, Bucureşti, România, 2004, pp. 3-90
3. Vitzou AN. La secretion interne des reins demontree par les effect des injections de sang veineux renal defribine. J Physiol & Pathol Bucarest 1: 901-926, 1901.
4. Ionescu-Tîrgovişte C. The re-discovery of insulin. Editura Geneze, Bucharest, 1996.
, Linnenkamp U, Shaw JE . Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2013 and projections for 2035. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 103: 137–49.
5. Mota M, Dinu I. The analysis of prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus in Romania. Rom J. Diabetes Nutr Metab Dis . 2013; 20: 135–9
6. Mota M, Popa SG, Mota E et al. Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes . 2016;8(3):336-44.
7. Davies MJ, D'Alessio DA, Fradkin J et al. Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes, 2018. A