Trade Integration in Southeast Europe, World Bank Washington DC, 3-21.
Juncker, J. (2017). Brexit, in Portal Politico. Retrieved from http://www.politico.eu/article/jean-claude-juncker-upbeat-and-ready-for-afight/
Kathuria, S. (2008). Western Balkan Integration and the EU; An agenda for trade and Growth, Washington DC, 5-27.
Moraliyska, M. (2014). Regional economic cooperation in the Western Balkans and its impact on Bulgaria, Economic Alternatives, 1(5) 1-18.
Pere, E. (2009). The significance of economic
Law: Europe’s Constitutional Pluralism in Action. In Walker, N. (ed). Sovereignty in Transition. Oxford: Hart Publishing.
Maduro, M. P. (1998). We the Court. The European Court of Justice and the European Economic Constitution. A Critical Reading of Article 30 of the EC Treaty. Portland: Hart Publishing.
Merriam, Ch. E. (1900). History of the Theory of Sovereignty since Rousseau. New York. Columbia University Press.
Meunier, S., McNamara, K. (2007). Making History: European Integration and Institutional Change at Fifty
incorporation of cultural identity influences the decision to migrate and to adapt to the host country’s culture. The result is that the strong motive of improving one’s economic well-being is in conflict with the own cultural identity. Since the native population has a dominant strategy to pressure for integration into the host country’s culture, immigrants may often choose to live in a diaspora instead.
The remaining of the paper is structured as follows. In Section 1, the notions of culture and cultural identity are defined. Moreover, the relevance of culture for
., Guldmann, J. M. (2007). Spatial interaction modeling of interregional commodity flows. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences 41(2), 147-162.
Narula, R.,Wakelin, K. (1998). Technological Competitiveness, Trade and Foreign Direct Investment. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 9, 373-387.
Noorbakhsh, F., Paloni, A. (2001). Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence. World Development, 29(9), 1593-1610.
Notaro, G. (2002). European Integration and Productivity: Exploring the Gains of the
) through market prices. This is how the “brain drain,” for example, has been portrayed in the early literature of the 1970s as well as in the first “new growth” models of the early 1990s. And this also applies, this paper will argue, to the role of migration and diaspora networks that contribute to integrate home countries into the world economy. While by definition individuals do not internalize the full extent of consequences of their decisions on other’s welfare (for if they were, there would be no externality), these consequences should be—but are seldom
1. Aerts D. (2000), Participating in the World: Research and Education in a Changing Society , in:Science, Technology and Social Change, The Orange Book of Einstein meets Magritte (eds. D.Aerts, S. Gutwirth, S. Smets and L. Van Langenhove), pp. 1-34, Dordrecht, Kluwer AcademicPublishers.
2. Aerts, D., (2001), Transdisciplinary and integrative sciences in sustainable development , in the Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems, Baldwin House, Aldates, Oxford;
3. Adamsson, N., (2007), Interdisciplinary integration in complex product
Anastasakis, O., & Bojičić-Dželilović V. (2002). Balkan regional cooperation & European integration . London, England: The London School of Economics and Political Science & European Institute London.
Balassa, B. (1965). Trade liberalization and ‘revealed’ comparative advantages. The Manchester School of Economic and Social Studies , 32 (2), 99-123. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9957.1965.tb00050.x
Balassa, B. (1989). Comparative advantage, trade policy and economic development . Hertfordshire: Harvester Wheatscheaf, New York
., & Farley, J. (1998). Measuring market orientation: Generalization and synthesis. Journal of Market-Focused Management , 2 (3), 213-232. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009719615327
Design Management Institute. (2015). Design Value Index results and commentary . Retrieved from: https://www.dmi.org/page/2015DVI-andOTW .
European Commission. (2013). Implementing an action plan for design driven innovation. EC Commission staff working document , SWD (2013) 380 final, Brussels.
Gemser, G., & Leenders, MAAM. (2001). How integrating industrial design in the
1. African Development Bank, (2008), Annual Report.
2. Agrawal, P., (2000), Savings, Investment and Growth in South Asia, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, India.
3. Agrawal, P., (2001), The Relation between Saving and Growth: Co-integration and Causality Evidence from Asia, Applied Economics, Vol. (33), pp. 499-513.
4. Alguacil, M., Cuadros, A. and Orts, V., (2004), “Does Saving Really Matter for Growth? Mexico (1970 – 2000)”, Journal of International Development, Vol. 2. pp. 281-290.
5. Bankole, A.S. and