Alka Pawalia, Sivachidambaram Кulandaivelan, Satya Savant and Vikram Singh Yadav
1. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines. Composition and components of gestationalweightgain: physiology and metabolism. In: Rasmussen KM, Yaktine AL, eds. In: Washington, DC: National Academies Press 2009; 71-110.
2. Institute of Medicine (US) and National Research Council (US) Committee to Reexamine IOM Pregnancy Weight Guidelines; Rasmussen KM, Yaktine AL, editors. Weight Gain during Pregnancy: Re-examining the Guidelines. Washington, DC
, such as short stature, prepregnancy underweight, poor gestationalweightgain, prior history of SGA, smoking, and cardiovascular-associated diseases [6-11]. By contrast, maternal diabetes, obesity, multipara, excessive gestationalweightgain, and post-term pregnancy were associated with LGA [ 3 , 6 , 9 , 11 - 13 ].
However, there are only limited studies regarding this issue in Thailand. We aimed to determine the prevalence of inappropriate birth weight for gestational age among women with uncomplicated pregnancies who gave birth to a live born infant at term
Simona Korenčan, Bojana Pinter, Mojca Grebenc and Ivan Verdenik
explanatory factor. In multivariate analyses, gestational age was the confounding factor. All dichotomous variables were coded accordingly (e.g. hypertension: 0=no, 1=yes).
Variables on body weight gain during pregnancy (i.e. gestationalweightgain) in relation to body mass index (BMI) before pregnancy were used according to the Institute of Medicine guidelines (US) ( 17 ). The data were analysed by SPSS programme. Descriptive analysis, analysis of variance (ANOVA), x 2 test, correlation and multivariate analyses (multiple linear and multiple logistic regression) were
Alka Pawalia, Sivachidambaram Kulandaivelan, Satya Savant and Vikram Singh Yadav
-INDIAB study (Phase-1) [ICMR-INDIAB-5]. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 11: 26, 2014.
10. Anjana RM, Sudha V, Lakshmipriya N et al. Physical activity patterns and gestational diabetes outcomes – The wings project. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 116: 253-262, 2016.
11. Banjare JB, Bhalerao S. Obesity associated non communicable disease burden. Int J Health Allied Sci 5: 81-87, 2016.
12. Kraschnewski JL, Chuang CH, Downs DS et al. Association of Prenatal Physical Activity and GestationalWeightGain: Results from the First Baby Study. Womens Health Issues 23
Since early years of this century, the benefits of exercise during pregnancy have been realized and pregnant women have been encouraged to do regular physical activity in the absence of medical or obstetric complications. 1 Studies have reported that physical activity during pregnancy may reduce the risk of pregnancy complications such as excessive gestationalweightgain, 2 , 3 gestational diabetes, 4 , 5 preeclampsia, 6 and cesarean delivery. 7 In the acknowledgment of these benefits, several physical organizations endorse physical
Oana Maria Bucur, Călin Avram, Monica Tarcea, Anca Ileana Sin and Florina Ruța
4. Wilson RD, Genetics Committee, Wilson RD, Audibert F, Brock JA, Carroll J et al. Pre-conception Folic Acid and Multivitamin Supplementation for the Primary and Secondary Prevention of Neural Tube Defects and Other Folic Acid-Sensitive Congenital Anomalies, J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015;37(6):534-52.
5. Meštrović Z, Roje D, Vulić M, Zec M Calculation of optimal gestationweightgain in pre-pregnancy underweight women due to body mass index change in relation to mother’s height. Arch Gynecol Obstet.2017;295(1):81-86
6. Lawrence RL
Violeta Mladenovic, Milica Dimitrijevic-Stojanovic, Djuro Macut and Aleksandar Djukic
risk of glucose intolerance. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 2009;85:40-46.
24. Nohr EA, VaethM, Baker JL, Sørensen TIA, Olsen J, Rasmussen KM. Combined associations of prepregnancy body mass index and gestationalweightgain with the outcome of pregnancy. Am J Clin Nutr 2008;87:1750-9.
25. Hawkins JS, Lo JY, Casey BM, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ. Diet-treated gestational diabetes mellitus: Comparison of early vs. routine diagnosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;198:287.e1-287.e6
26. Clausen TD, Mathiesen ER, Hansen T, Pedersen O, Jensen DM, Lauenborg
Hussein Kadhem Al-Hakeim and Roaa Ali Muhammed Ali
and total magnesium in intensive care unit patients. J Criti Care 2002, 17: 203-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1053/jcrc.2002.35813
15. Molvarec A, Kalabay L, Derzsy Z et al. Preeclampsia is associated with decreased serum a2-HS glycoprotein (fetuin-A) concentration. Hypertension Res 2009; 32, 665-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/hr.2009.79
16. Bodnar LM, Siega-Riz AM, Simhan HN et al. Severe obesity, gestationalweightgain, and adverse birth outcomes. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 91: 1642-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.2009.29008
incidence of deliveries at home without a medical or midwifery assistance, which has resulted in poor perinatal outcomes. The incidence of adolescent Roma mothers in our case is high, and pregnancy and childbirth can be associated with perinatal complications. Authors from Canada found a higher incidence of neonatal complications and an increased incidence of fetal asphyxia in adolescent mothers, which they attribute to a lower socioeconomic status, inadequate prenatal care and inadequate gestationalweightgain in adolescent pregnant women ( 41 ).
The duration of
Delia Monica Glodean, Diana Miclea and Amorin Remus Popa
and maternal risk of future diabetes, Diabetes Res Clin 114: 99-105, 2016
11. Ogonowski J, Miazqowski T. Intergenerational transmission of macrosomia in women with gestational diabetes and normal glucose tolerance. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 195: 113-6, 2015
12. Yang S, Xiong C, Yang R et al. Parental Body Mass Index, GestationalWeightGain, and Risk of Macrosomia: A population based case-control study in China. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 29(5): 462-71, 2015
13. Eichenwald EC, Hansen AR, Martin CR, Stark AR