bleeding risk.[ 35 ] Most intracerebral hemorrhages could be prevented by controlling hypertension, and most major gastrointestinal bleeds could be prevented by detecting and treating Helicobacter pylori .
A solution to the pharmacokinetic issue with clopidogrel would be to use ticagrelor, an active drug that does not require CYP2C19 for activation. [ 36 ] Although the major trial with ticagrelor versus aspirin did not show significant benefit of ticagrelor, there was a trend to reduced stroke risk in Asian patients [ 37 ] and a significant reduction of stroke with
College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141:e152S-e184S. doi: 10.1378/chest.11-2295.
3. Garcia D, Crowther MA, Ageno W. Practical management of coagulopathy associated with warfarin. BMJ. 2010;340:c1813. doi: 10.1136/bmj.c1813.
4. Ufer M. Comparative Pharmacokinetics of Vitamin K Antagonists: warfarin, phenprocoumon and acenocoumarol. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2005;44:1227-46. doi: 10.2165/00003088-200544120-00003
5. Villena Garrido V, Cases Viedma E, Fernandez Villar A, et al
Johad Khoury, Elias Andrawus, Boaz Y. Bishop and Zaher S. Azzam
, Ruiz I, Roberts EA, Janecek E, Domecq C, Greenblatt DJ. A method for estimating the probability of adverse drug reactions. Clin Pharmacol Ther 30, 239–245, 1981.
Soon D, Kothare PA, Linnebjerg H, Park S, Yuen E, Mace KF, Wise SD. Effect of exenatide on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of warfarin in healthy Asian men. J Clin Pharmacol 46, 1179–1187, 2006.
Stratton IM, Adler AI, Neil HA, Matthews DR, Manley SE, Cull CA, Hadden D, Turner RC, Holman RR. Association of glycaemia with macrovascular and microvascular complications of type 2 diabetes
9. Hayes AH, Mirakhur RK, Breslin DS, Reid JE, McCourt KC:Postoperative residual block after intermediate-acting neuromuscular blocking drugs. Anaesthesia 2001;56:213-8.
10. McDonagh DL, Benedict PE, Kovac AL, Drover DR, Brister NW, Morte JB, Monk TG. Efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of sugammadex for the reversal of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade in elderly patients. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:318-29.
11. Magnusson L, Spahn DR. New concepts of atelectasis during general anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth 2003;9:61-72. Anesth
Sona Scsukova, Mlynarcikova A. Bujnakova, A. Kiss and E. Rollerova
drug carriers. Adv Clin Exp Med 24, 749-758, 2015.
Oberdoster G. Safety assessment for nanotechnology and nanomedicine: concept of nanotoxicology. J Intern Med 267, 89-105, 2009.
Patel T, Zhou J, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM. Polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery to the central nervous system. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 163, 93-99, 2012.
Pelham RW, Nix LC, Chavira RE, Cleveland MVB, Stetson P. Clinical trial: si ngle- and multiple-dose pharmacokinetics of polyethylene glycol (PEG-3350) in young and elderly subjects. Aliment
Alina Mărginean, Claudia Bănescu, Alina Scridon and Minodora Dobreanu
in the bioactivation of clopidogrel to its pharmacologically active metabolite. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:92-9.
49. Kim KA, Park PW, Hong SJ, Park J-Y. The effect of CYP2C19 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel: a possible mechanism for clopidogrel resistance. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008;84:236-42.
50. Mega JL, Close SL, Wiviott SD, et al. Cytochrome P-450 Polymorphisms and Response to Clopidogrel. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:354-62.
51. Varenhorst C, James S, Erlinge D, et al. Genetic
Aleksandra Kubiak-Mlonka, Ewelina Ziółkowska, Tadeusz Robak and Anna Korycka-Wołowiec
Robak T Pharmacodynamic considerations of small molecule targeted therapy for treating B-cell malignancies in the elderly Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2015 11 1371 91
 Wilson WH, O’Connor OA, Czuczman MS, et al. Navitoclax, a targeted high affinity inhibitor of BCL-2, in lymphoid malignancies: a phase 1 dose-escalation study of safety, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and antitumour activity. Lancet Oncol 2010;11:1149-59. 21094089 10.1016/S1470-2045(10)70261-8 Wilson WH O’Connor OA Czuczman MS et al Navitoclax, a targeted high
, Barlow KB, Nobrega JN, Kapur S. Partial agonists in schizophrenia--why some work and others do not: insights from preclinical animal models. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14, 1165–1178, 2011.
Nemeroff CB, Kinkead B, Goldstein J. Quetiapine: preclinical studies, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and dosing. J Clin Psychiatry 63 (Suppl 13), 5–11, 2002.
Nomikos GG, Tham CS, Fibiger HC, Svensson TH. The puta in rat medial prefrontal cortex and lateral tive atypical antipsychotic drug amperozide preferentially increases c-fos expression septum
Henu Kumar Verma, Saikrishna Lakkakula and Bhaskar V.K.S. Lakkakula
pharmacokinetics of HU indicate that the renal impairment results in increased systemic exposure and decreased urinary recovery of the drug [ 16 ]. Some patients receiving HU therapy showed mild albuminuria, with an increase in white cells and granular casts, as well as occasional red cells, in the urine [ 76 ]. However, the BABY HUG trial demonstrated that HU is associated with better urine-concentrating ability and less renal enlargement, in addition to improvement in overall renal function [ 58 ]. Studies in animal models revealed that that HU therapy inhibits spermatogenesis
Alexander A. Vitin, Leonard Azamfirei, Dana Tomescu and John D. Lang
. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of dichloroacetate in patients with cirrhosis. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1999;66:380-390.
55. Nahas GG1, Sutin KM, Fermon C, et al. Guidelines for the treatment of acidaemia with THAM. Drugs. 1998;55:191-224.
56. Hoste EA, Colpaert K, Vanholder RC, et al. Sodium bicarbonate versus THAM in ICU patients with mild metabolic acidosis. J Nephrol. 2005;18:303-307.
57. Kraut J A, Madias NE. Treatment of acute metabolic acidosis: a pathophysiologic approach Nat. Rev. Nephrol 2012