Joanna Hydzik-Wiśniewska, Anna Wilk, Łukasz Bednarek and Sebastian OIesiak
method of marking the indicator for material requires to conductit after four days of soaking, which simulates unfavourable conditions of water saturation. Unfortunately, the CBR test method is laborious and time consuming [ 22 ].
This article analyses the geotechnical and physicaltest results with particular consideration of CBR of mixtures of crushed aggregate assessed for their application in road construction as subgrade layer. An attempt was also made to find the correlation between CBR ratio and other physical properties. All aggregate tests were performed at
Maya S. Krastanova, Elena M. Ilieva and Danelina E. Vacheva
preliminary investigation into the effects of active interferential current therapy and placebo on pressure pain sensitivity: a random crossover placebo controlled study. Physiotherapy 2011;97(4):291-301.
5. Bankov S. [Manual muscle testing.] Medicine and Sports 1991;81-91:130-5. [Bulgarian].
6. Donatelli R, Wooden MJ. Orthopaedic physical therapy. 4th edition, St. Louis: Churchill & Livingstone; 2010:400-80.
7. Velkova D. Health and social problems of elderly people living alone in villages [dissertation]. Pleven, 2000 [Bulgarian].
8. Ilieva E
Miodrag Kocić, Ivana Bojić, Marko Aleksandrović, Aleksandar Ignjatović and Dragan Radovanović
1. Carmeli E, Barchad S, Lenger R, Coleman R. Muscle power, locomotor performance and flexibility in aging mentally-retarded adults with and without Down’s syndrome. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 2002;2(5):457-62. http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/15758414
2. Cowley PM, Ploutz-Snyder LL, Baynard T, at al. Physical fitness predicts functional tasks in individuals with Down syndrome. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2010;42(2):388-93. http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/19927019
3. Chanias AK, Reid G, Hoover ML. Exercise effects on health
common movements, maneuvers and exercises. Scandinavian Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine Suppl. 1, 1-40.
14. Halpern A., Bleck E. (1997). Sit-up exercises: an electromyographic study. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 145, 172-8.
15. Jetté M., Sidney K., Cicutti N. (1984). A critical analysis of sit-ups: A case for the partial curl-up as a test of abdominal muscular endurance. Canadian Association of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Journal 51(1), 4-9.
16. McGill S.M. (1995). The mechanics of torso
Roy David Samuel, Ofir Zavdy, Miriam Levav, Ronen Reuveny, Uriel Katz and Gal Dubnov-Raz
cognitive performance in children ( Davis et al., 2011 ; Hillman et al., 2014 ). Such programs typically involve daily moderate-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) of 20-60 minutes duration, sufficient to increase cardiorespiratory fitness in children. A meta-analysis of 44 studies found a positive, yet weak, correlation (a general effect size of d = 0.32) between PA and different measures of cognitive performance, such as IQ, academic achievements, math and verbal tests, and perceptual skill tests in children ( Sibley and Etnier, 2003 ). A more recent review of the
Rubens da Cunha, Márcia de Assunção Ferreira, Jane Bezerra, Ialuska Guerra and Estélio Dantas
., Iskandar M., Kervio G., Deley G., Pérénnou D., Casillas J. M. Comparative analysis of oxygen uptake in elderly subjects performing two walk tests: the six-minute walk test and the 200-m fast walk test. Clinical Rehabilitation , 2008. 22:162-8.
Guenard H., Marthan R. Pulmonary gas exchange in elderly subjects. Eur Respir J , 1996. 9:2573-7.
Guimarães A. C., Rocha C. A. Q. C., Gomes A. L. M., Cader S. A., Dantas E. H. M. Effects of a program of physical activity on the autonomy level of elderly participants in the
., 2008. Rule change incidence on physiological characteristics of elite basketball players: A 10-year investigation. British Journal of Sports Medicine , 42(1), 25-30.
4. DRINKWATER et al., 2008. Design and interpretation of anthropometric and fitness testing of basketball players. Sport Medicine , 38(7), 565-578.
5. ERČULJ, F. et al., 2003. Differences between playing positions in some motor ability tests of young female basketball players. In: Proceedings of 8th Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science . Salzburg: University of Salzburg
Carlos Lago-Peñas, Ezequiel Rey, Luis Casáis and Maite Gómez-López
, Ribeiro B, Aroso J. Maturity-associated variation in the growth and functional capacities of youth football (soccer) players 13-15 years. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2004; 91: 555-562
Malina RM, Pena Reyes ME, Eisenmann JC, Horta L, Rodrigues J, Miller R. Height, mass and skeletal maturity of elite Portuguese soccer players aged 11-16 years. J Sports Sci, 2000; 18: 685-693
Matiegna J. The testing of physical efficiency. Am J Phys Anthropol, 1921; 4: 223-230
Rampinini E, Coutts AJ, Castagna C, Sassi R, Impellizzeri FM. Variation in
Dariusz Boguszewski, Magdalena Falkowska, Jakub Grzegorz Adamczyk and Dariusz Białoszewski
1. Adamczyk J.G., D. Boguszewski, D. Białoszewski (2015) Functional assessment of male track and field runners through Functional Movement Screen test. Med. Sport., 68(4): 563-575.
2. Adamczyk J.G., I. Krasowska, D. Boguszewski, P. Reaburn (2016) The use of thermal imaging to assess the effectiveness of ice massage and cold-water immersion as methods for supporting post-exercise recovery. J. Therm. Biol., 60: 20-25. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtherbio.2016.05.006.
3. Akuthota V., A. Ferreiro, T. Moore, M
Miha Lucovnik, Gregor Starc, Petra Golja, Ivan Verdenik and Irena Stucin Gantar
physical development. Every April, qualified physical education teachers perform the measurements in all primary and secondary schools, following the official measurement protocol. The SLOfit test battery includes eight motor tests (arm-plate tapping, standing long jump, polygon course backwards, sit-ups, standing reach touch, bent arm hang, 60-meter run and 600-meter run), as well as measurements of child’s height, weight and triceps skinfold thickness. Measurements are always organized in school gyms between 08:00 and 14:00. Subjects are weighed barefoot in their