Aneta Neskoromna-Jędrzejczak, Katarzyna Bogusiak, Krzysztof Chojnowski, Marta Robak and Jacek Treliński
subcommittee of factor VIII and factor IX of the scientific and standarization committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Thromb Haemost. 2001 85 560
 Lehmann-Kopydlowska M, Zawilska K. Dental guidelines in congenital hemophilia A and B. Czas Stomatol. 2010;63(6):345-357. Lehmann-Kopydlowska M Zawilska K. Dental guidelines in congenital hemophilia A and B Czas Stomatol. 2010 63 6 345 357
 Bjorkman S, Carlsson M, Berntop E. Pharmacokinetics of factor IX in patients with haemophilia B: Methodological aspects and physiological interpretation
1. Srivastava A, Brewer AK, Mauser-Bunschoten EP, et al. Guidelines for the management of hemophilia. Haemophilia 2013; 19(1): e1-47.
2. Pai M, Key NS, Skinner M, et al. NHF-McMaster guideline on care models for haemophilia management. Haemophilia 2016; 22 (Suppl. 3): 6-16.
3. Yeung C, Santesso N, Zeraatkar D, et al. Integrated multidisciplinary care for the management of chronic conditions in adults: an overview of reviews and an example of using indirect evidence to inform clinical practice
. The longitudinal effect of body adiposity on joint mobility in young males with Haemophilia A. Haemophilia 2011;17(2):196-203. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2516.2010.02400.x.
4. Ullman M, Zhang QC, Brown D, Grant A, Soucie JM; Hemophilia Treatment Center Network Investigators. Association of overweight and obesity with the use of self and home-based infusion therapy among haemophilic men. Haemophilia 2014;20(3):340-8. doi: 10.1111/hae.12303.
5. Negrier C, Seuser A, Forsyth A, et al. The benefits of exercise for patients with haemophilia and
1. Giangrande P. Acquired haemophilia: Revised edtion. Treatment of Haemophilia 2012; 38: 1-7.
2. Baudo F, Collins P, Huth-Kühne A, Management of bleeding in acquired hemophilia A: results from the European Acquired Haemophilia (EACH2) Registry. Blood 2012; 120: 39-46. doi: 10.1182/blood-2012-02-408930.
3. Collins PW, Hirsch S, Baglin TP, et al. Acquired hemophilia A in the United Kingdom: a 2-year national surveillance study by the United Kingdom Haemophilia Centre Doctors' Organisation. Blood 2007
, Finning KM, et al. Non-invasive first trimester determination of fetal gender: a new approach for prenatal diagnosis of haemophilia. BJOG 2006; 113(2): 239-42.
11. Tsui NBY, Kadir RA, Chan KCA, et al. Noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of hemophilia by microfluidics digital PCR analysis of maternal plasma DNA. Blood 2011; 117(13): 3684-91.
Staff at the Katharine Dormandy Haemophilia Centre pioneered a systemic family therapy model for haemophilia, in which reviews combined medical care and family counselling. That approach has now been extended to specialised joint clinics such as in orthopaedics, women’s and genetic counselling. This multidisciplinary team approach enables specialist clinicians to focus on what they do best while the family therapy team manages the psychological, practical and family issues, and supports patients to make difficult decisions regarding their care.
E Sukarova Stefanovska, P Tchakarova, G Petkov and G Efremov
; 119(2): 323-331.
Lakich D, Kazazian HH Jr, Antonarakis SE, Gitschier J. Inversions disrupting the factor VIII are a common cause for severe Haemophilia A. Nat Genet 1993; 5(3): 236-241.
Bagnall RD, Waseem N, Green PM, Giannelli F. Recurrent inversion breaking intron 1 of the factor VIII gene is a frequent cause of severe hemophilia A. Blood 2002; 99(1): 168-174.
Kemball Cook G, Tuddenham EGD, Wacey AI. The factor VIII structure and mutation resource site HAMSTeRS version 4. Nucleic
Melanie Bladen, Karen Edwards, Kate Khair and Eleanor Main
Introduction: The use of BtA in spasticity management is well documented in the literature for the management of hypertonicity in children with cerebral palsy. Methods: We report a case of a 2-year-old boy with severe haemophilia and cerebral palsy who received intramuscular injections of botulinum toxin-A (BtA) to reduce his spastic diplegia lower limb hypertonicity. Results: Following treatment, clinical and formal assessments demonstrated positive changes in ambulation, tolerance of orthotics, functional abilities and musculoskeletal range of movement and no adverse bleeding side effects. Conclusion: The use of BtA should be considered for the management of hypertonicity in children with haemophilia and cerebral palsy.
M Pehlivan, S Pehlivan, F Buyukkececi, S Çagirgan, M Yilmaz, Omay Bedii, M Tombuloğlu and K Kavakli
Vehar GA, Keyt B, Eaton D, Rodriguez H, O'Brien DP, Rotblat F, Oppermann H, Keck R, Wood WI, Harkins RN, et al. Structure of human factor VIII. Nature 1984; 312(5992): 337-342.
Balton-Maggs PH, Pasi KJ. Haemophilias A and B. Lancet 2003; 361(9371): 1801-1809.
Bagnall RD, Waseem N, Green PM, Giannelli F. Recurrent inversion breaking intron 1 of the factor VIII gene is a frequent cause of severe Hemophilia A. Blood 2002; 99
Christine Harrington, Charles Hay, Vicky Vidler, Rashesh Dattani and Katherine Heygate
1. Hay CRM. Purchasing factor concentrates in the 21st century through competitive tendering. Haemophilia 2013; 19R5S:660Q7.
2. Sharrer I, Ehrlich HJ. Lack of evidence for increased inhibitor incidence in patients switched from plasmaQderived to recombinant factor VIII. Haemophilia 2001; 7: 766.
3. Giles AR, Rivard GE, Teitel J, Walker I. Surveillance for factor VIII inhibitor development in the Canadian Hemophilia A population following widespread introduction of recombinant factor VIII replacement