Hamid Yaghooti, Mohsen Firoozrai, Soudabeh Fallah and Mohammad Reza Khorramizadeh
in vascular smooth muscle cells. Regulatory Peptides. 2008; 147: 37-44.
11. Higuchi S, Ohtsu H, Suzuki H, Shirai H, Frank GD, Eguchi S. Angiotensin II signal transduction through the AT1 receptor: novel insights into mechanisms and pathophysiology. Clinical Science. 2007; 112:417-28.
12. Das UN. Is angiotensin-II an endogenous proinflammatory molecule? Med Sci Monit. 2005; 11: RA155-162.
13. Mogi M, Iwai M, Horiuchi M. Emerging concepts of regulation of angiotensin II receptors, new players and targets for traditional
impact Leydig cell differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2010; 83: 488-501.
11. Cherradi N, Rossier MF, Vallotton MB, Timberg R, Friedberg I, Orly J, et al. Submitochondrial distribution of three key steroidogenic proteins (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and cytochrome P450scc and 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase enzymes) upon stimulation by intracellular calcium in adrenal glomerulosa cells. J Biol Chem. 1997; 272: 7899-907.
12. Stocco DM. Recent advances in the role of StAR. Rev Reprod. 1998; 3:82-5.
Apitsada Khlongkhlaeo, Richard L. Carter, Rangsun Parnpai and Anthony W.S. Chan
essential regulatory role in maintaining an undifferentiated state, proliferation, and suppresses astrocyte differentiation [ 16 , 47 ]. TLX expression knockout dramatically reduced the neural stem cell population, but increased GFAP staining and extended GFAP processes in the subventricular zone [ 3 ]. This finding suggested that NPCs derived by feeder-free methods may have a higher tendency toward an astrocytic lineage with lower expression of TLX and high expression of GFAP
Both methods of NPC derivation can produce NPCs with similar characteristics including the
Ponlatham Chaiyarit, Poramaporn Klanrit, Pensri Phothipakdee, Ajiravudh Subarnbhesaj, Kobkan Thongprasom and Andrew S. Giraud
- Gomez G, Gil-Montoya JA, Bascones-Martinez A. Significance of liquefaction degeneration in oral lichen planus: a study of its relationship with apoptosis and cell cycle arrest markers. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007; 32:556-63.
21. Hirota M, Ito T, Okudela K, Kawabe R, Yazawa T, Hayashi H, et al. Cell proliferation activity and expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins in oral lichen planus. J Oral Pathol Med. 2002; 31:204-12.
22. van der Meij EH, van der Waal I. Lack of clinicopathologic correlation in the diagnosis of oral lichen planus
V. Manolov, B. Atanasova, V. Vasilev, K. Tzatchev and M. Velizarova
erythropoietin therapy in renal disease. - Kidney Int., 75, 2009, 976-981.
5. Busbridge , M. et al. Development of a novel immunoassay for the iron regulatory peptide hepcidin. - Br. J. Biomed. Sci., 66, 2009, 150-157.
6. De Domenico , I. et al. The molecular mechanism of hepcidin-mediated ferroportin down-regulation. - Mol. Biol. Cell., 18, 2007, 2569-2578.
7. Donovan , A. et al. The iron exporter ferroportin/Slc40a1 is essential for iron homeostasis. - Cell. Metab., 1, 2005, 191-200.
8. Fleming , R. E. et W. S
Hamid Yaghooti, Mohsen Firoozrai and Mohammad Reza Khorramizadeh
, Huang S. Cadmium activates the mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway via induction of reactive oxygen species and inhibition of protein phosphatases 2A and 5. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008; 45:1035-44.
25. Galan A, Garcia-Bermejo ML, Troyano A, Vilaboa NE, De Blas E, Kazanietz MG, et al. Stimulation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase is an early regulatory event for the cadmium induced apoptosis in human promonocytic cells. J Biol Chem. 2000; 275:11418-24.
26. Hyun JS, Satsu H, Shimizu M. Cadmium induces interleukin-8
Ruhollah Dorostkar, Mohammad Sadegh Hashemzadeh, Sajjad Jafari, Mahdi Tat, Majdedin Ghalavand, Mohammad Hossein Asghari and Milad Moloudizargari
-cell lysate alone. However, with the exception of IL-2, no significant changes in cytokine levels were found after immunization with the L. casei lysate alone.
L. casei can induce apoptosis in a colorectal cancer cells in vitro [ 3 ]. In vivo the antitumor effects of L. casei on colorectal cancer are mediated by modulation of regulatoryT-cells towards a Th 17 -biased immune response [ 31 ]. These findings are consistent with the increased secretion of IL-17 seen following immunization with the combined vaccine in the present study.
The antitumor efficacy of
Esrafil Mansouri, Marzieh Panahi, Mohammad Ali Ghaffari and Ali Ghorbani
, Numakami K, Saruta T, Itoh H. Glucose loading induces DNA fragmentation in rat proximal tubular cells. Metabolism. 1996; 45: 1348-53.
30. Ortiz A, Ziyadeh FN, Neilson EG. Expression of apoptosis-regulatory genes in renal proximal tubular epithelial cells exposed to high ambient glucose and in diabetic kidneys. J Investig Med. 1997; 45:50-6.
31. Lee EY, Lee MY, Hong SW, Chung CH, Hong SY. Blockade of oxidative stress by vitamin C ameliorates albuminuria and renal sclerosis in experimental diabetic rats. Yonsi Med J. 2007; 48
, Grunfeld C, Feingold KR. Downregulation of liver X receptor-α in mouse kidney and HK-2 proximal tubular cells by LPS and cytokines. J Lipid Res. 2005; 46:2377-87.
10. Ng DL, Tie SW, Ong PC, Lim WS, Tengku-Muhammad TS, Choo, QC, Chew CH. Rapamycin pre-treatment abrogates Tumour Necrosis Factor-α down-regulatory effects on LXR-α and PXR mRNA expression via inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 activation in HepG2 cells [Internet]. Electron J Biotechn. 2011; 14. Available from http://www.ejbiotechnology.info/index.php/ejbiotechnology/article/viewFile/v14n3