Apitsada Khlongkhlaeo, Richard L. Carter, Rangsun Parnpai and Anthony W.S. Chan
essential regulatory role in maintaining an undifferentiated state, proliferation, and suppresses astrocyte differentiation [ 16 , 47 ]. TLX expression knockout dramatically reduced the neural stem cell population, but increased GFAP staining and extended GFAP processes in the subventricular zone [ 3 ]. This finding suggested that NPCs derived by feeder-free methods may have a higher tendency toward an astrocytic lineage with lower expression of TLX and high expression of GFAP
Both methods of NPC derivation can produce NPCs with similar characteristics including the
Ponlatham Chaiyarit, Poramaporn Klanrit, Pensri Phothipakdee, Ajiravudh Subarnbhesaj, Kobkan Thongprasom and Andrew S. Giraud
- Gomez G, Gil-Montoya JA, Bascones-Martinez A. Significance of liquefaction degeneration in oral lichen planus: a study of its relationship with apoptosis and cell cycle arrest markers. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007; 32:556-63.
21. Hirota M, Ito T, Okudela K, Kawabe R, Yazawa T, Hayashi H, et al. Cell proliferation activity and expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins in oral lichen planus. J Oral Pathol Med. 2002; 31:204-12.
22. van der Meij EH, van der Waal I. Lack of clinicopathologic correlation in the diagnosis of oral lichen planus
Hamid Yaghooti, Mohsen Firoozrai and Mohammad Reza Khorramizadeh
, Huang S. Cadmium activates the mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway via induction of reactive oxygen species and inhibition of protein phosphatases 2A and 5. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008; 45:1035-44.
25. Galan A, Garcia-Bermejo ML, Troyano A, Vilaboa NE, De Blas E, Kazanietz MG, et al. Stimulation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase is an early regulatory event for the cadmium induced apoptosis in human promonocytic cells. J Biol Chem. 2000; 275:11418-24.
26. Hyun JS, Satsu H, Shimizu M. Cadmium induces interleukin-8
Ruhollah Dorostkar, Mohammad Sadegh Hashemzadeh, Sajjad Jafari, Mahdi Tat, Majdedin Ghalavand, Mohammad Hossein Asghari and Milad Moloudizargari
-cell lysate alone. However, with the exception of IL-2, no significant changes in cytokine levels were found after immunization with the L. casei lysate alone.
L. casei can induce apoptosis in a colorectal cancer cells in vitro [ 3 ]. In vivo the antitumor effects of L. casei on colorectal cancer are mediated by modulation of regulatoryT-cells towards a Th 17 -biased immune response [ 31 ]. These findings are consistent with the increased secretion of IL-17 seen following immunization with the combined vaccine in the present study.
The antitumor efficacy of
Esrafil Mansouri, Marzieh Panahi, Mohammad Ali Ghaffari and Ali Ghorbani
, Numakami K, Saruta T, Itoh H. Glucose loading induces DNA fragmentation in rat proximal tubular cells. Metabolism. 1996; 45: 1348-53.
30. Ortiz A, Ziyadeh FN, Neilson EG. Expression of apoptosis-regulatory genes in renal proximal tubular epithelial cells exposed to high ambient glucose and in diabetic kidneys. J Investig Med. 1997; 45:50-6.
31. Lee EY, Lee MY, Hong SW, Chung CH, Hong SY. Blockade of oxidative stress by vitamin C ameliorates albuminuria and renal sclerosis in experimental diabetic rats. Yonsi Med J. 2007; 48
, Grunfeld C, Feingold KR. Downregulation of liver X receptor-α in mouse kidney and HK-2 proximal tubular cells by LPS and cytokines. J Lipid Res. 2005; 46:2377-87.
10. Ng DL, Tie SW, Ong PC, Lim WS, Tengku-Muhammad TS, Choo, QC, Chew CH. Rapamycin pre-treatment abrogates Tumour Necrosis Factor-α down-regulatory effects on LXR-α and PXR mRNA expression via inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 activation in HepG2 cells [Internet]. Electron J Biotechn. 2011; 14. Available from http://www.ejbiotechnology.info/index.php/ejbiotechnology/article/viewFile/v14n3
Wang Hong, Qi-Sheng Liang, Lan-Ren Cheng, Xiao-Hong Li, Fu Wei, Wen-Tao Dai and Shi-Tong Li
resistance to d-Tubocurarine in local rather than in distant muscles in the rat. Anesth Analg. 2000; 91:1243-9.
7. Adams L, Carlson BM, Henderson L, Goldman D. Adaptation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, myogenin, and MRF4 gene expression to long-term muscle denervation. J Cell Biol. 1995; 131:1341-9.
8. Wagatsuma A, Osawa T. Time course of changes in angiogenesis-related factors in denervated muscle. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 2006; 187: 503-9.
9. Magnusson C, Hogklint L, Libelius R, Tagerud S. Expression of mRNA for plasminogen
, Sonenberg N. Mechanisms of post-transcriptional regulation by microRNAs: are the answers in sight? Nat Rev Genet. 2008; 9:102-14.
42. Bartel DP. MicroRNAs: target recognition and regulatory functions. Cell. 2009; 136:215-33.
43. Schwarz DS, Hutvgner G, Du T, Xu Z, Aronin N, PD. Z. Asymmetry in the assembly of the RNAi enzyme complex. Cell. 2003; 115:199-208.
44. Xiao C, Rajewsky K. MicroRNA control in the immune system: basic principles. Cell. 2009; 136:26-36.
45. Vasudevan S, Steitz JA. AU
10. Causse JR, Causse JB. Otospongiosis as a genetic disease. Am J Otol. 1984; 5:211-23.
11. Markou K, Goudakos J: An overview of the etiology of otosclerosis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2009; 266: 25-35.
12. Willing MC, Deschenes SP, Slayton RL, Roberts EJ. Premature chain termination is a unifying mechanism for COL1A1 null alleles in osteogenesis imperfecta type I cell strains. Am J Hum Genet. 1996; 59:799-809.
13. McKenna MJ, Kristiansen AG, Tropitzsch AS. Similar COL1A1 expression in fibroblasts from some patients
Yan Zhao, Wei Jia, Mingming Su, Yunping Qiu and Xingpeng Wang
8. Qiu Y, Su M, Liu Y, Chen M, Gu J, Zhang J, et al. Application of ethyl chloroformate derivatization for gas chromatography-mass spectrometry based metabonomic profiling. Anal Chim Acta. 2007; 583:277-83.
9. Trygg J, Gullberg J, Johansson AI, Jonsson P, Antti H, Marklund SL, et al. Extraction and GC/MS analysis of the human blood plasma metabolome. Anal Chem. 2005; 77: 8086-94.
10. Wang X, Su M, Qiu Y, Ni Y, Zhao T, Zhou M, et al. Metabolic regulatory network alterations in response to acute cold stress and ginsenoside