Monika Savarin, Urska Kamensek, Maja Cemazar, Richard Heller and Gregor Sersa
applied. Electric pulses were generated by electric pulse generator ELECTRO CELL B10 (Betatech, L’Union, France) and delivered through 2 parallel stainless steel electrodes with 2 or 4 mm distance between them, depending on the tumor volume. After 4 pulses, electrodes were turned for 90° for 4 additional pulses to assure GET to entire tumor.
Irradiation of tumors
Tumors were locally irradiated with a single dose of 15 Gy on day 1 from the beginning of the experiment, at a dose rate of 2.16 Gy/min, using a Darpac 2000 X-ray unit (Gulmay Medical Ltd., Shepperton
Anca E. Chiriac, Doina Azoicai, Anca Chiriac, Adrian Naznean, Francesca Larese Filon, Simona Roxana Georgescu, Liliana Foia, Cristian Podoleanu and Simona Stolnicu
1. Occupational skin diseases and dermal exposure in the EuropeanUnion (EU-25): policy and practice overview. Available online from: https://osha.europa.eu/en/tools-and-publications/publications/reports/TE7007049ENC_skin_diseases
2. Susitaival P, Flyvholm MA, Meding B, et al. Nordic Occupational Skin Questionnaire (NOSQ-2002): a new tool for surveying occupational skin diseases and exposure. Contact Dermatitis . 2003;49:70-76.
3. Carlsson A, Ganemo A, Anderson CD, Meding B, Stenberg B, Svensson A. Scoring of hand eczema: good
Monica I. Szabó, Anita Balázs, Beáta Máté and Piroska Kelemen
, Giskes K, et al. Socioeconomic inequalities in occupational, leisure-time, and transport related physical activity among European adults: a systematic review. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act . 2012;19:116-119.
14. Nelson CC, Wagner GR, Caban-Martinez AJ, et al. Physical Activity and Body Mass Index: The Contribution of Age and Workplace Characteristics. Am J Prev Med . 2014;46:42-51.
15. Roma Health Report. Health status of the Roma population Data collection in the Member States of the EuropeanUnion, 2014. https
Victoria Ancuța Rus, Florina Ruța, Maria Sălcudean, Monica Tarcea, Costela Șerban, Călin Avram, Iustinian Simion and Theodora Benedek
EuropeanUnion in relation to healthy eating guidelines. Public Health Nutrition . 2005;9:584-595.
17. Strazzulo P, D’Elia L, Kandala NB, Cappuccio FP. Salt intake, stroke, and cardiovascular disease: metaanalysis of prospective studies. BMJ . 2009;339:b4567.
18. Hajjar IM, Grim CE, George V, Kotchen TA. Impact of diet on blood pressure and age-related changes in blood pressure in the US population: analysis of NHANES III. Arch Intern Med . 2001;161:589.
19. Obarzanek E, Sacks FM, Vollmer WM, et al. Effects on blood lipids of a blood pressure
During the previous decades, the practice of cancer prevention and intervention has achieved much success at the population level. However, it has become obvious that such achievements at the individual levels have been highly variable and, perhaps, disappointing. Therefore, to significantly improve efficacy, the United States and the EuropeanUnion have set up priority programs on the development of precision population health and personalized medicine. The emphasis will require a paradigm shift in focusing these activities onto individuals instead of
Nora Rat, Adriana Mitre, Szilamér Korodi, István Benedek, Erzsébet Lázár, Johanna Kéri, Annamária Pakucs and István Benedek
2. Krijthe BP, Kunst A, Benjamin EJ, et al. Projections on the number of individuals with atrial fibrillation in the EuropeanUnion, from 2000 to 2060. Eur Heart J . 2013;34:2746-2751.
3. Wang TJ, Parise H, Levy D, et al. Obesity and the risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation. JAMA . 2004:292:2471-2477.
4. Kenchaiah S, Evans JC, Levy D, et al. Obesity and the risk of heart failure. N Engl J Med . 2002:347:305-313.
5. Wanahita N, Messerli FH, Bangalore S, Gami AS, Somers VK, Steinberg JS. Atrial fibrillation and obesity – results
Aneta Neskoromna-Jędrzejczak, Katarzyna Bogusiak, Krzysztof Chojnowski, Marta Robak and Jacek Treliński
aesthetic procedures within the field of oral surgery and implantology [ 8 , 9 ]. This greater accessibility of aesthetic procedures increases not only the comfort but also the quality of life of patients with hemophilia.
The aim of this paper is to present the case of an implantoprosthetic rehabilitation performed in a patient with severe hemophilia B. The surgical procedures were performed after infusion of recombinant FIX (BAX 326) during the clinical surgery study. BAX 326 was registered in the EuropeanUnion in 2014 under the trade name of Rixubis ( http
Piero Portincasa, Emilio Molina-Molina, Gabriella Garruti and David Q.-H. Wang
The present paper is written in the context of the FOIE GRAS project, which received funding from the EuropeanUnion’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Grant Agreement No. 722619.
Conflict of interest None to declare
1 Portincasa P, Moschetta A, Palasciano G. Cholesterol gallstone disease. Lancet. 2006;368:230-9. 10.1016/S0140-6736(06)69044-2
Portincasa P Moschetta A Palasciano G. Cholesterol gallstone disease Lancet 2006 368 230 9
2 Shabanzadeh DM. Incidence of
Henu Kumar Verma, Saikrishna Lakkakula and Bhaskar V.K.S. Lakkakula
synthesized in 1869, trials for testing the safety of this drug in humans started only after a century [ 18 ]. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1967 approved HU for the treatment of certain solid, myeloid tumors. Further, both the US FDA and, in the EuropeanUnion, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) have approved HU for the treatment of SCD in 1998 and 2007, respectively. The present review focuses on the clinical benefits of HU in SCD and enhances the current understanding of the possible mechanisms of benefit for these hemoglobinopathies.