Karen Strike, Anthony Chan, Monica R. Maly and Patricia Solomon
1. Dunn AL. Pathophysiology, diagnosis and prevention of arthropathy in patients with haemophilia. Haemophilia , 2011; 17(4): 571–8. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2516.2010.02472.x.
2. Srivastava A, Brewer AK, Mauser-Bunschoten EP, et al . Guidelines Working Group on Behalf of the World Federation of Hemophilia. Guidelines for the management of hemophilia. Haemophilia 2013; 19(1): e1–47. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2516.2012.02909.x.
3. Pettersson H, Ahlberg A, Nilsson IM. A radiologic classification of hemophilic arthropathy. Clin Orthop Relat
6. Glenn LD, Lovely RM, Goldsmith JC. Combined sickle cell anemia and mild hemophilia A: successful treatment of hemorrhage with DDAVP. Am J Hematol 1991;37:64.
7. Kumar M, Herring RA. Rare combination of homozygous sickle cell disease (Hb SS) and haemophilia B in a paediatric patient. Br J Haematol 1997;98:780-1.
8. Dhiman P, Chaudhary R, Sudha K. Sickle cell-β thalassemia with concomitant hemophilia A: a rare presentation. Blood Res 2015; 50: 264-7.
9. El Maataoui H, Fahi A, Oukkache B
Michelle L. Witkop, Christine Guelcher, Margaret Hall and Jennifer Maahs
1. Evatt BL. The natural evolution of haemophilia care: developing and sustaining comprehensive care globally. Haemophilia 2006;12: 13-21.
2. Andoniann AA, Dietrich SL, Whiteman ST. A total program for the patient with hemophilia. I Medical aspects. Journal of American Physical Therapy Association 1966; 46:1268-71.
3. Boone DC. A total program for the patient with hemophilia. II Physical therapy aspects related to orthopedic and neurologic residuals of bleeding. Journal of American Physical Therapy
factor VIII hemophilia following influenza vaccination. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2010;66:1069-70.
5. Collins P, Hirsch S, Baglin TP, et al. Acquired hemophilia A in the United Kingdom: a 2-year national surveillance study by the United Kingdom Haemophilia Centre Doctors’ Organisation. Blood. 2007;109:1870-7.
6. Franchini M, Gandini G, Di Paolantonio T, Mariani G. Acquired hemophilia A: a concise review. Am J Hematol. 2005;80:55-63.
7. Hay CR, Negrier C, Ludlam CA. The treatment of bleeding in acquired hemophiliawith
1. Tantawy AAG. Molecular genetics of hemophilia A: clinical perspectives. Egypt J Med Hum Genet 2010; 11: 105–14. doi:10.1016/j.ejmhg.2010.10.005.
2. Ibrahim UA, Ahmed SG. Pathophysiology of bleeding diathesis in haemophilia-A: a sequential and critical appraisal of non-FVIII related haemostatic dysfunctions and their therapeutic implications. Egypt J Med Hum Genet 2018; 19: 285–95. doi:10.1016/j.ejmhg.2018.01.003.
3. Brinkmann T, Kähnert H, Prohaska W, et al. Synthesis of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in human synovial cells
Debra Pollard, Barbara Subel, Pratima Chowdary and Keith Gomez
1. Giangrande PL, Wilde JT, Madan B, et al. Consensus protocol for the use of recombinant activated factor VII [eptacog alfa (activated); NovoSeven] in elective orthopaedic surgery in haemophiliac patients with inhibitors. Haemophilia 2009;15(2): 501-8.
2. Nursing and Midwifery Council. Standards for Medicine Management. 2015. Available from: https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/standards/nmc-standards-formedicines-management.pdf (accessed 24 November 2016).
3. Lee CA, Kessler CM, Varon D
1. Knoebl P, Marco P, Baudo F, et al. Demographic and clinical data in acquired hemophilia A: results from the European Acquired Haemophilia Registry (EACH2). J Thromb Haemost 2012; 10(4): 622-31. doi: 10.1111/j.1538-7836.2012.04654.x.
2. Baudo F, Collins P, Huth-Kühne A, et al. Management of bleeding in acquired hemophilia A: results from the European Acquired Haemophilia (EACH2) Registry. Blood 2012; 120(1): 39-46. doi: 10.1182/blood-2012-02-408930.
3. Collins P, Baudo F, Knoebl P, et al
David Owen was Labour Health Minister 1974-76 and now sits as an independent social democrat in the House of Lords. Before entering Parliament he trained as a medical doctor at St Thomas’s Hospital, London, where he was Clinical Neurologist and Psychiatric Registrar. He has championed the NHS throughout its existence and is now a powerful advocate for its reinstatement to its original purpose. In this extract from his 2014 book The Health of the Nation, NHS in Peril, David Owen sets out the consequences of the 2012 Health and Social Care Act for the haemophilia community.
1 Collins PW, Palmer BP, Chalmers EA, et al; UK Haemophilia Centre Doctors’ Organisation. Factor VIII brand and the incidence of factor VIII inhibitors in previously untreated UK children with severe hemophilia A, 2000-2011. Blood 2014; 124: 3389-97.
2 Peyvandi F, Mannucci PM, Garagiola I, et al. A randomized trial of factor VIII and neutralizing antibodies in hemophilia A. N Engl J Med 2016; 374: 2054-64.
3 Collins P, Chalmers E, Alamelu J, et al. First-line immune tolerance induction for children