Thanyaphon Khammeree, Ratana Vichiansiri, Kittisak Sawanyawisuth and Nuttaset Manimmanakorn
, thyroid hormone, or vitamin D. Eligible patients provided written informed consent before participating. The anonymity of the data received was assured.
All patients who met the study criteria were interviewed and checked for vitamin D levels. One of the authors (TK) interviewed all patients regarding baseline characteristics including SCI data, history of dietaryintake, history of sunlight exposure, and history of sunscreen use. Sources and frequency of vitamin D and calcium dietary consumption were evaluated for the previous six months. These were classified as
and lifestyle risk factors of gastric cancer. Arch Irani Med. 2013;16(6):358-65.
14. Brenner DR, Wozniak MB, Feyt C et al. Physical activity and risk of pancreatic cancer in a central European multicenter case-control study. CCC. 2014;25(6):669-81.
15. Bailie L, Loughrey MB, Coleman HG. Lifestyle Risk Factors for Serrated Colorectal Polyps: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Gastroenterology. 2017;152(1):92-104.
16. Mahfouz EM, Sadek RR, Abdel-Latief WM et al. The role of dietary and lifestyle factors in the development of colorectal cancer
Stefka Valcheva-Kuzmanova, Miroslav Eftimov, Iren Beleheva, Roman Tashev and Stiliana Beleheva
; 104( Sup pi 3):S40-7.
4. Letenneur L,Proust-Lima C, Le GA.Dartigucs JF, Barberger-Gateau P. Flavonoid intake and oognitivc decline over a 10-year period. Am J Epidemiol. 2007; 165(12): 1364-71.
5. Shukin-Hale B, Lau FC, Joseph JA. Berry fruit supplementation and the aging brain. J Agric Food diem. 2008;56(3):636-41.
6. Spenoer JPE. Food for thought: the role of dietary flavonoids in enhancing human memory, learning and ncurooognitivc performance. Proc Nutr Soc. 2008;67:238-52.
7. Rendciro C, Vauzour D
Adawan Permpanich, Vithaya Kulsomboon and Kamol Udol
populations, baseline consumption of fish, doses and duration of n-3 PUFAs treatment [ 11 - 16 ]. Dose response and time course of n-3 PUFAs intake contribute to the physiologic effects which are most likely to account for CV risk reduction [ 17 ]. As such, a meta-analysis of studies using high concentration of n-3 PUFAs for at least 1-year, which would be long enough for n-3 PUFAs to demonstrate efficacy, would be a suitable evidence of the effectiveness of n-3 PUFAs in specific groups of patients.
Due to the development of medications and technologies, people tend to
Bisphenol A (BPA), a xenoestrogenic monomer, is a common industrial chemical and is used to synthesize polycarbonate plastic polymers, which are applied to manufacture of various products such as compact discs, automobile parts, plastic water and baby bottles, plastic dinnerware, eyeglass lenses, toys, and thermal paper, and epoxy resin linings in cans for food products [ 1 ]. Over 3 thousand million kilograms of BPA are produced each year. Recent studies have shown that dietary ingestion is a major route (99%) of human exposure to BPA contamination, especially
Wilma Delphine C. R. Silvia and Bharat P. V. Kumar
by glucose or insulin: a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover clamp study. Diabetes. 2003; 52:16-20.
29. Lee HM, Wang G, Englander EW, Kojima M, Greeley Jr GH. Ghrelin, a new gastrointestinal endocrine peptide that stimulates insulin secretion: enteric distribution, ontogeny, influence of endocrine, and dietary manipulations. Endocrinology. 2002; 143: 185-90.
30. Dixit VD, Schaffer EM, Pyle RS, Collins GD, Sakthivel SK, Palaniappan R, et al. Ghrelin inhibits leptin- and activation induced proinflammatory cytokine expression by
Nongluk Phetkrajaysang, Nakarin Sansanayudh, Supakit Wongwiwatthananukit and Sarinee Krittiyanunt
vitamin D for bone health and prevention of autoimmune diseases, cancers, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 1678s-88s.
6. Mathieu C, Gysemans C, Giulietti A, Bouillon R. Vitamin D and diabetes. Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 1247-57.
7. Pittas AG, Dawson-Hughes B, Li T, Van Dam RM, Willett WC, Manson JE, et al. Vitamin D and calcium intake in relation to type 2 diabetes in women. Diabetes care. 2006; 29:650-6.
8. Grandi NC, Breitling LP, Brenner H. Vitamin D and cardiovascular disease: systematic review and
Khunton Wichajarn, Somporn Liammongkolkul, Nithiwat Vatanavicharn and Duangrurdee Wattanasirichaigoon
fasting, high protein intake, injury or surgery can also provoke a catabolic crisis. Each catabolic crisis results in a worsening of psychomotor development; therefore, close monitoring of growth, nutritional and metabolic status is highly recommended to prevent decompensated catabolic crisis and psychomotor deterioration. Close monitoring of plasma amino acids is very necessary in long-term dietary management because the patients have higher risk of essential amino acid deficiency. In this study, one patient with MMA was deficient in several amino acids after excessive
Pakawadee Sermsappasuk, Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, Manupat Lohitnavy and Chagriya Kitiyakara
53. Paine MF, Oberlies NH. Clinical relevance of the small intestine as an organ of drug elimination: drug-fruit juice interactions. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2007; 3:67-80.
54. Rodriguez-Proteau R, Mata JE, Miranda CL, Fan Y, Brown JJ, Buhler DR. Plant polyphenols and multidrug resistance: effects of dietary flavonoids on drug transporters in Caco-2 and MDCKII-MDR1 cell transport models. Xenobiotica. 2006; 36:41-58.
55. Fang SH, Hou YC, Hsiu SL, Chao PDL. Effects of Citrus grandis peels on cyclosporin concentration and immune
skin changes compared with younger people despite a similar time of exposure to ultraviolet light [ 28 ], Furthermore, one study found that total sun exposure time and dietary vitamin D intake had no significant association with serum [25(OH)D] in patients receiving PD [ 10 ]. Another explanation for the low [25(OH)D] in patients receiving PD is that PD causes continuous loss of vitamin D and vitamin D binding protein together with albumin through the peritoneal effluent [ 29 , 30 ]. Pediatric patients receiving continuous cycling PD had a lower mean serum [25(OH