-track anaesthesia involving “ in-the-operating room tracheal extubation” has been introduced and established as a safe practice for selected liver transplant recipients [ 5 ]. Today, many centres have adopted this practice, which brings substantial logistic and financial gains [ 6 ]. However, high-volume centres with ailing, high-MELD score recipients, continue to practice prolonged postoperative ventilation post-LT, with patients allocated to critical care units.
Historically, at least some of the recently transplanted cases ended up in the so-called pulmonary intensive care
Review of Dental Late Effects in Survivors of Childhood Cancer. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2014;63:407-416.
14. Avsar A, Elli M, Darka O. Long-term effects of chemotherapy on caries formation, dental, development and salivary factors in childhood cancer survivors. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007;104:781-789.
15. Motohashi M, Yamada H, Genkai F, et al. Employing DMFT score as a risk predictor for caries development in the permanent teeth in Japanese primary school girls. J Oral Sci. 2006;48:233-237.
1. Nyulas T, Chitu M, Mester A, et al. Computed tomography biomarkers of vulnerable coronary plaques. Journal of Interdisciplinary Medicine . 2016;1:263-266.
2. Benedek T, Jako B, Benedek I. Plaque quantification by coronary CT and intravascular ultrasound identifies a low CT density score as a marker of plaque instability in acute coronary syndromes. Int Heart J . 2014;55:22-28.
3. Maurovich-Horvat P, Ferencik M, Voros S, Merkely B, Hoffmann U. Comprehensive plaque assessment by coronary CT angiography. Nat Rev Cardiol . 2014
Péter Hankovszky, Domokos Társy, Nándor Öveges and Zsolt Molnár
are obtained: a potential risk factor for hospital mortality. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:3640-5.
24. Caggiano G, Puntillo F, Coretti C, et al. Candida colonization index in patients admitted to an ICU. Int J Mol Sci. 2011;12:7038-47.
25. Posteraro B, De Pascale G, Tumbarello M, et al. Early diagnosis of candidemia in intensive care unit patients with sepsis: a prospective comparison of (1→3)-β-D-glucan assay, Candida score, and colonization index. Crit Care. 2011;15:R249.
26. Eggimann P, Pittet D. Candida
Marius Papurica, Dorel Sandesc, Alexandru Florin Rogobete, Radu Nartita, Corina Vernic, Sonia Elena Popovici and Ovidiu Horea Bedreag
Extract 50 in Rats with Acute Myocardial Infarction is Related to Na + –Ca 2+ Exchanger. Am J Chin Med . 2013;41:789-800.
31. Curtis MJ, Walker MJA. Quantification of arrhythmias using scoring systems: an examination of seven scores in an in vivo model of regional myocardial ischaemia. Cardiovasc Res . 1988;22:656-665.
32. Lai CC, Tang CY, Chiang SC, Tseng KW, Huang CH. Ischemic preconditioning activates prosurvival kinases and reduces myocardial apoptosis. J Chin Med Assoc . 2015;78:460-468.
33. Yu CJ, Ko CJ, Hsieh CH, et al. Proteomic analysis of
Nóra Raț, Diana Opincariu, Emese Márton, Ramona Zavate, Mirela Pintican and Theodora Benedek
and calcium score for major adverse cardiac events in outpatients. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging . 2012;5:990-999.
18. Benedek T, Opincariu D, Rat N, Hodas R, Mester A, Benedek I. The Assessment of Epicardial Adipose Tissue in Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients. A Systematic Review. Journal of Cardiovascular Emergencies . 2017;3:18-29.
19. Gitsioudis G, Schmahl C, Missiou A, et al. Epicardial adipose tissue is associated with plaque burden and composition and provides incremental value for the prediction of cardiac outcome. A clinical cardiac computed
Mircea Mureșan, Simona Mureșan, Ioan Balmoș, Daniela Sala, Bogdan Suciu and Arpad Torok
’s sign with crunching sounds on auscultation of the heart [ 23 , 24 ].
Abbas et al. (2009) introduced a clinical perforation severity score that could be correlated with mortality rate[ 25 ]. ( Table 2 )
Prognostic score for mortality in case of mediastinitis due to oesophageal perforation
Sign and symptoms
One point for each of the following
Age >75 years Tachycardia Leukocytosis Pleural effusions
Two points for each of the following
Fever Noncontained leak on barium esophagram Respiratory compromise Time to
Guillaume Giordano Orsini, Giorgios-Emmanouil Metaxas and Vincent Legros
of follow-up despite the discouraging initial MRI.
Several previous reports have highlighted the interest of early aggressive medical care of symptomatic vertebral artery dissections, particularly for the Locked-In Syndrome patient, and have indicated that a good functional outcome is possible [ 2 ]. Fields et al.(2012) showed a better recanalization rate and functional outcome with mechanical thrombectomy for stroke after dissection, with an improvement in the modified Rankin Score (mRS) for a patient with mechanical thrombectomy with or without stenting [ 3
Nora Rat, Adriana Mitre, Szilamér Korodi, István Benedek, Erzsébet Lázár, Johanna Kéri, Annamária Pakucs and István Benedek
49. Altun B, Colkesent Y, Gazi E, et al. Could Epicardial Adipose Tissue Thickness by Echocardiography be Correlated with Acute Coronary Syndrome Risk Scores. Echocardiography . 2013;30:1130-1134.
50. Gul I, Zungur M, Aykan A, et al. The relationship between GRACE score and Epicardial Fat thickness in non-STEMI Patients. Arq Bras Cardiol . 2016;106:194-200.
51. Ozcan F, Turak O, Canpolat U, et al. Association of epicardial fat thickness with TIMI risk score in NSTEMI/USAP patients. Herz . 2013;39:755-760.
52. Zencirci E