Mariarosa Pascale, Cinzia Aversa, Renzo Barbazza, Barbara Marongiu, Salvatore Siracusano, Flavio Stoffel, Sando Sulfaro, Enrico Roggero, Serena Bonin and Giorgio Stanta
prostate cancer patients
Data reported as N (%)
No significant associations were found between neuroendocrine markers and clinicopathological variables. A slight association was revealed between NSE expression and Gleason score (p = 0
the study. None of the patients declined the participation in the study.
The images were assessed by three experienced radiology specialists working in the Health Community Center Ljubljana, with more than 5 years of experience. A blind randomized study was used, and all images were assessed on the same diagnostic monitor. All 110 radiographs were assessed on a 5-point scale, in the same way as in study conducted by Davey and England 7 , where a 5-point Likert score rating was used. The ratings on the scale were as follows: score 1
Dirk Rades, Antonio J. Conde-Moreno, Jon Cacicedo, Barbara Segedin, Volker Rudat and Steven E. Schild
before RT (no vs . yes), further osseous lesions before RT (no vs . yes), gender, time developing motor deficits before RT (faster: ≤ 14 vs . slower: > 14 days), gait function before the start of RT (ambulatory vs . not ambulatory), number of vertebrae involved by SCC (1–2 vs . ≥ 3) and performance status (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance score 1–2 vs . 3–4). The univariate analyses of local control of SCC were done with the Kaplan-Meier method 4 , and the Kaplan-Meier curves were compared with the log-rank test. Those factors being
Banu Atalar, Enis Ozyar, Kaan Gunduz and Gorkem Gungor
Parsons JT, Bova FJ, Fitzgerald CR, Mendenhall WM, Million RR. Severe dry-eye syndrome following external beam irradiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1994; 30: 775-80.
Eifel PJ, Donaldson SS, Thomas PRM. Response of growing bone to irradiation: A proposed late effects scoring system. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1995; 31: 1301-7.
Reisner ML, Viégas CM, Grazziotin RZ, Santos Batista DV, Carneiro TM, Mendonça de Araújo CM, et al. Retinoblastoma-comparative analysis of external radiotherapy techniques
1. Nichols M, Townsend N, Scarborough P, Rayner M. Cardiovascular Disease in Europe 2014: epidemiological update. Eur Heart J. 2014;35(42):2950-2959. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehu299 .
2. Tang EW, Wong CK, Herbison P. Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) hospital discharge risk score that accurately predicts long-term mortality post acute coronary syndrome. Am Heart J. 2007;153(1):29-35. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2006.10.004 .
3. Montalescot G, Dallongeville J, Van Belle E, et al. STEMI and
and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: A quality-of-life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. J Natl Cancer Inst 1993; 85 . 365-76.
Debevec L, Eržen J, Debeljak A, Crnjac A, Kovač V. Exploratory thoracotomy and its influence on the survival of patients with lung cancer. Wien Klin Wochenschr 2006; 118 : 479-84.
Fayers PM, Aaronson NK, Bjordal K, Groenvold M, Curran D, Bottomley A; on behalf of the EORTC Quality of Life Group. The EORTC QLQ-C30 Scoring Manual. 3 rd Edition. Brussels
Diana Opincariu, András Mester, Mihaela Raţiu, Nora Rat, Lehel Bordi, Roxana Hodas, Mirabela Morariu, Beáta Jakó, Camelia Tănăsuc and Zsuzsanna Suciu
hemodynamically significant pulmonary embolism. Chest. 2002;121:877-905.
7. Roy PM, Meyer G, Vielle B, et al. Appropriateness of diagnostic management and outcomes of suspected pulmonary embolism. Ann Intern Med. 2006;144:157-164.
8. Wicki J, Perneger TV, Junod AF, Bounameaux H, Perrier A. Assessing clinical probability of pulmonary embolism in the emergency ward: a simple score. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161:92-97.
9. Le Gal G, Righini M, Roy PM, et al. Prediction of pulmonary embolism in the emergency department: the revised Geneva score. Ann Intern Med. 2006
Mahdi Ghorbani, Mohammad Mehrpouyan, David Davenport and Toktam Ahmadi Moghaddas
cut-off for photons and electrons was considered 1 keV for 125 I and 103 Pd sources and 5 keV for 169 Yb and 192 Ir sources in all input files. No other variance reduction method was applied in this study.
To calculate air kerma strength, air toroid cells were defined in a 100 cm radius vacuum sphere. The brachytherapy source was located at the center of this sphere. The torus cells were in the range of 1–50 cm and their thickness was assumed 1 mm. An F6 tally was scored in these torus cells and the outputs were multiplied by r 2 (where r is the distance
models utility with the SimpliRED D-dimer. Thromb Haemost. 2000;83(3):416-420.
4. Wicki J, Perrier A, Perneger TV, Bounameaux H, Junod AF. Predicting adverse outcome in patients with acute pulmonary embolism: a risk score. Thrombosis and Hemostasis. 2000;84(4):548-552.
5. Dunn KL, Wolf JP, Dorfman DM, et al. Normal D-dimer levels in emergency department patients suspected of acute pulmonary embolism. JACC. 2002;40:1475-1478. DOI: 10.1016/S0735-1097(02)02172-1
6. Keller K, Beule J, Schulz A, et al. D-dimer for risk stratification in haemodynamically