Amarabia N.E. Ibeawuchi, Alphonsus N. Onyiriuka and Philip O. Abiodun
, Saidu Y, Aliyu RU. Serum vitamin A and zinc levels of some preschool children in Sokoto metropolis of Nigeria. Biokemistri 14: 82-87, 2003.
19. Fischer Walker CL, Ezzati M, Black RE. Global and regional child mortality and burden of disease attributable to zinc deficiency. Eur J Clin Nutr 63: 591-597, 2009.
20. Ploysangam A, Falciglia G, Brehm B. Effect of marginal zinc deficiency on human growth and development. J Trop Pediatr 43: 192-198, 1997.
21. Gibson RS. Zinc: the missing link in combating micronutrients malnutrition in developing
1. Mackness M, Mackness B. Human paraoxonase- 1 (PON1): Gene structure and expression, promiscuous activities and multiple physiological roles. Gene 67: 12-21, 2015.
2. La Du BN. The human serum paraoxonase/arylesterase polymorphism. Am J Hum Genet 43: 227-2279, 1988.
3. Shih DM, Gu L, Xia YR et al. Mice lacking serum paraoxonase are susceptible to organophosphate toxicity and atherosclerosis. Nature 394: 284-287, 1998.
4. Wei LK, Au A, Menon S et al. Polymorphisms of MTHFR, eNOS, ACE
and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33). Lancet 352(9131): 837-853, 1998.
4. The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Eng J Med 329: 977-986, 1993.
5. American Assocation of Diabetes. Standards of medical care in diabetes. Diabetes Care, 30: S4-S41, 2007.
6. Jeffcoate SL. Diabetes control and complications: the role of
Irina Pacu, Cringu Ionescu, Cristian Serafinceanu, Anca Mihaela Pantea-Stoian and Viviana Elian
, Valetto A. An idic(15) associated with POF (premature ovarian failure): molecular cytogenetic definition of a case and review of the literature. Gene 503: 123-125, 2012.
6. He C, Kraft P, Chen C et al. Genome-wide association studies identify loci associated with age at menarche and age of natural menopause. Nat Genet 41: 724-728, 2009.
7. Nelson LM. Primary ovarian insufficiency. N Engl J Med 360: 606-614, 2009.
8. Bodega B, Porta C, Crosignani PF, Ginelli E, Marozzi A. Mutations in coding region of FOXL2 gene are not a major cause of idiopathic
Viorel Dejeu, Dănuţ-Aurel Dejeu, Paula Dejeu and Aurel Babeş
1. Calle EE, Thun MJ, Petrelli JM, Rodriguez C, Heath CW Jr. Body-mass index and mortality in a prospective cohort of U.S. adults. N Engl J Med 15: 1097–1105, 1999.
2. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. The practical guide: identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Bethesda, MD, USA: National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, 2000. Accessed at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/prctgd_c.pdf
3. Gloy VL, Briel M, Bhatt DL et al. Bariatric surgery versus non-surgical treatment
Mihaela Larisa Bîcu, Daniel Bîcu, Mihaela Ionela Vladu, Diana Clenciu, Ana Maria Cristina Chirila, Delia Vîlvoi, Magdalena Sandu, Nicolae Mircea Panduru, Eugen Moţa and Maria Moţa
SL. Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and complication risk in type 1 diabetes: “double diabetes” in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial. Diabetes Care 30: 707-712, 2007.
22. Orchard TJ, Chang YF, Ferrell RE, Petro N, Ellis DE. Nephropathy in type 1 diabetes: a manifestation of insulin resistance and multiple genetic susceptibilities? Further evidence from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complication Study. Kidney Int 62: 963-970, 2002.
23. Teupe B, Bergis K. Epidemiological evidence for “double diabetes
implications - a review. Nutr J 13: 17, 2014.
43. Nissen SE, Wolski K. Effect of rosiglitazone on the risk of myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular causes. N Engl J Med 356: 2457-2471, 2007.
44. Koffarnus RL, Wargo KA, Phillippe HM. Rivoglitazone: a new thiazolidinedione for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann Pharmacother 47: 877-885, 2013.
45. Gowda N, Dandu A, Singh J et al. Treatment with CNX-011-67, a novel GPR40 agonist, delays onset and progression of diabetes and improves beta cell preservation
Cristina Muntean, Bogdan Cătălin, Valerica Tudorică and Maria Moţa
progressive late complication in diabetic distal symmetric polyneuropathy. Diabetes 55: 806–812, 2006.
9. Dyck PJ, Kratz KM, Karnes JL et al. The prevalence by staged severity of various types of diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, and nephropathy in a population-based cohort: the Rochester Diabetic Neuropathy Study. Neurology 43: 817–824, 1993.
10. Spallone V, Ziegler D, Freeman R et al. Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in diabetes: clinical impact, assessment, diagnosis, and management. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27: 639–653, 2011.
11. Perkins BA
1. Menke A, Casagrande S, Geiss L et al . Prevalence of and trends in diabetes among adults in the United States, 1988-2012. JAMA 314: 1021–1029, 2015
2. American Diabetes Association . Standards of medical care in diabetes: Prevention or delay of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 39 [Suppl.1]: S36-S38, 2016
3. Abdul-Ghani MA, Abdul-Ghani T, Ali N et al. One-hour plasma glucose concentration and the metabolic syndrome identify subjects at high risk for future type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 31: 1650–1655, 2008.