Adebola Busola Ojo, Oluwafemi Adeleke Ojo, Mary Abiola Okesola, Basiru Olaitan Ajiboye and Babatunji Emmanuel Oyinloye
flavonoid compounds from Scutellaria indica Archives Pharmacal Res 2013; 36: 922-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12272-013-0125-3
34. Segal R, Hannan JL, Liu X, et al. Chronic Oral Administration of the Arginase Inhibitor 2(S)-amino-6-boronohexanoic Acid (ABH) Improves Erectile Function in Aged Rats. J Androl 2012; 33: 1169-75. https://doi.org/10.2164/jandrol.111.015834
35. Cassidy A, Franz M, Rimm EB. Dietary flavonoid intake and incidence of erectile Dysfunction. Am J Clin Nutr 2016; 106: 534-41. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.115.122010
36. Farombi EO
Sofiya L. Ivanova, Dimitrichka J. Dimitrova, Metodi H. Petrichev, Liliana I. Parvanova, Georgi Sl. Kalistratov and Lubomir T. Vezenkov
of Nutrients and of Interpretation and Uses of Dietary Reference Intakes, and the Standing Committee on the Scientific Evaluation of Dietary Reference Intakes. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Zinc. Washington, D.C.: Food and Nutrition Board Institute of Medicine, National Academic Press; 2001.
5. Yasuno T, Okamoto H, Nagai M, Kimura S, Yamamoto T, Nagano K, et al. The disposition and intestinal absorption of zinc in rats. Eur J Pharm Sci
dairy intakes of adolescents are associated with their home environment, taste preferences, personal health beliefs, and meal patterns. J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106:1816-24.
5. Pon LW, Noor-Aini MY, Ong FB, Frcog AN, Mog SS, Shamsuddin K, et al. Diet, nutritional knowledge and health status of urban middle-aged Malaysian women. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15:388-99.
6. Pongchaiyakul C, Charoenkiatkul S, Kosulwat V, Rojroongwasinkul N, Rajatanavin R. Dietary calcium intake among rural Thais in Northeastern Thailand. J Med Assoc Thai. 2008
Chajchawan Nakhakes, Somluk Jaruluxananan, Yuthana Saengsuda and Sureerat Saengsuda
geographic area, dietary calcium intake, and ethnicity, we cannot assume the same prevalence in Thailand as in Mediterranean Europe and the Middle East. The objective of this study was to measure the prevalence of osteoporosis in patients with nonmajor thalassemia in Thailand.
Osteoporosis is a prominent cause of morbidity in children and adults of both sexes with thalassemia [ 4 - 6 ]. Pathogenesis of thalassemia-induced osteoporosis (TIO) involves ineffective erythropoiesis and bone marrow expansion, endocrine complications, iron overload and iron chelation therapy
Katerina D. Simeonova, Krassimir D. Dimitrov and Nikolay D. Danchev
, Neves MF, et al. Effects of low dietary magnesium intake on development of hypertension in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of reactive oxygen species. J Hypertens. 2002;20(11):2221-32.
12. Laurant P, Robin S, Berthelot A. Magnesium deficiency increases vasoconstrictor activity without affecting blood pressure of aged spontaneously hypertensive rats. Magnes Res. 1997;10(2):107-17.
13. Altura BM, Altura BT, Gebrewold A, Ising H, Günther T. Noise-induced hypertension and magnesium in rats: relationship to microcirculation and calcium. J
Juraiporn Somboonwong, Khunkhong Huchaiyaphum, Onanong Kulaputana and Phisit Prapunwattana
. 1986 250 R1003 6
27 Palmquist DL. The role of dietary fats in efficiency of ruminants. J Nutr. 1994; 124:1377S-82S. Palmquist DL. The role of dietary fats in efficiency of ruminants J Nutr. 1994 124 1377S 82S
28 Choi BR, Palmquist DL. High fat diets increase plasma cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide, and decrease plasma insulin and feed intake in lactating cows. J Nutr. 1996; 126:2913-9. Choi BR Palmquist DL. High fat diets increase plasma cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide, and decrease plasma insulin and feed intake in
Maria Szpetnar, Anna Hordyjewska, Iwona Malinowska, Piotr Golab and Jacek Kurzepa
Neurother ., 14, 173, 2014.
11. Nagata C. et al.: Dietaryintakes of glutamic Acid and glycine are associated with stroke mortality in Japanese adults. J Nutr ., 145, 720, 2015.
12. Newsholme P. et al.: New insights into amino acid metabolism, beta-cell function and diabetes. Clin Sci (Lond). , 108, 185, 2005.
13. Phang J.M. et al.: Proline metabolism and cancer: emerging links to glutamine and collagen. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. , 18, 71, 2015.
14. Raman K., Pare G.: Of stroke and biomarkers: the elusive quest for a clinical biomarker
Mariana Genova, B. Atanasova, I. Ivanova, K. Todorova and D. Svinarov
1. Diagnostic criteria and classification of hyperglycaemia first detected in pregnancy (WHO/NMH/ MND/13.2). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2013.
2. Beckmann CRB, Ling F, Herbert WNP et al. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 7th ed. Baltimore; Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2014.
3. Bowers K, Yeung E, Williams MA et al. A prospective study of prepregnancy dietary iron intake and risk for gestational diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 2011;34 (7):1557-63.
4. Ganz T, Nemeth E. Hepcidin and
Miroslaw Aleksander Slawinski, Ewelina Wawryk-Gawda, Michal Konrad Zarobkiewicz, Pawel Halczuk and Barbara Jodlowska-Jedrych
1. Bailey RL, Saldanha LG, Gahche JJ, Dwyer JT. Estimating caffeine intake from energy drinks and dietary supplements in the United States. Nutr Rev. 2014 Oct;72:9-13.
2. Lara B, Gonzalez-Millán C, Salinero JJ, Abian-Vicen J, Areces F, Barbero-Alvarez JC, et al. Caffeine-containing energy drink improves physical performance in female soccer players. Amino Acids. 2014 May;46(5):1385-92.
3. Usman A, Bhombal ST, Jawaid A, Zaki S. Energy drinks consumption practices among medical students of a Private sector University of Karachi